Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

+5
Casey Jones
JMWinPR
RV
Crusader
Calypso Jones
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders Empty As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:51 pm

https://www.wnd.com/2021/10/pray-wicked-politicians/

This will help.

"Father, we lift our voices and cry to You right now for Your help and justice in America. We ask You, Father, first and foremost, that if there are any unrighteous politicians in America who can still be saved – from the local town level to the highest level of government – we ask You to save them."

SAVE THEM
Wake up their conscience to see the horrors of every sin they are involved in or perpetrating.
Let them experience a holy horror at what they have done and are doing.
Grant them a deep, heartfelt, gut-level, transformational repentance, and turn them around to go after the righteousness of Christ.

EXPOSE THEM
Reveal their evil works of darkness to the world.
Let Your light shine in the darkest places, and do not allow them to hide what they have done anymore.
Let truth-telling witnesses and truth-telling whistleblowers come forward, and let them tell their stories at the right places, to the right people, at the right time.

HINDER THEM
Let their evil plans come to nothing.
Hinder and prevent them from carrying out any more evil. Bind their hands from doing any evil.
Remove their resources: transfer those resources into the hands of the righteous.

BRING THEM TO JUSTICE
As the great Judge of the earth, Father, we ask You to force the correct law enforcement department to get involved in each situation and case, according to Your will.
Let reliable, solid evidence come forth and be preserved.
Convict each perpetrator, Father, and cause them to be sentenced according to Your will.

REMOVE THEM
"Father, Psalm 109:8 says, 'Let his days be few, and let another take his office.' While we do not pray for the death of any person, we do ask that every wicked politician's 'days in office would be few and that a righteous person would take their place.'

"Thank you, Father. We depend on You to give us righteous leaders and righteous government. Let us rise up and vote Your will, but we depend on You to do the rest, which we cannot. Help us Father, in Jesus Name."

Here's the deal: Isaiah 59:16 records, "He saw that there was no man and was astonished that there was no intercessor. …" This will not be a description of our day. We will arise and believe God for a turnaround in America as we wholeheartedly respond, "Here am I. Send me!" (Isaiah 6:Cool.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Tue Mar 05, 2024 12:44 pm; edited 2 times in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

drifter106 likes this post

Back to top Go down

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders Empty Re: As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

Post by Crusader Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:49 pm

Of course we pray for them.  We pray for them to find Godly wisdom.  We pray for them to turn from sin and be a leader for the good of the people.  We definitely don't pray for the success of their current selfish and power hungry agenda.
Crusader
Crusader

Calypso Jones, RV and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders Empty Re: As Conservative Christians we MUST pray for wicked evil leaders

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:55 pm

Crusader wrote:Of course we pray for them.  We pray for them to find Godly wisdom.  We pray for them to turn from sin and be a leader for the good of the people.  We definitely don't pray for the success of their current selfish and power hungry agenda.

that was my problem, I could not figure a way to pray for them that did not seem to me to bless their wickedness. I guess i just couldn't think out of the box for my dislike of them and their obvious agenda.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:53 pm

Our Father who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

Maybe I'm reading too much into Jesus' example, but God doesn't want us to hold grudges.  We can be against a politician's agenda and leave the personal vendettas to God, but that doesn't mean that we have to take their abuse of power.

Since our Constitution sets limits for our government and dictates that our government be of the people, we can be more proactive about our government than a citizen of a kingdom.  As long as we don't break the laws of God or our nation, we can do whatever we want to influence our government.

We all struggle with this. I still hold a grudge against my X. I try to tell myself that I don't and I try very hard to not act on any grudge I hold. I think it's one of those things that will take time and prayer.
Crusader
Crusader

Calypso Jones and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:14 pm

you're a good man.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Wed Nov 30, 2022 9:21 pm

Crusader wrote:Our Father who art in heaven,

hallowed be thy name.

Thy kingdom come.

Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread,

and forgive us our trespasses,

as we forgive those who trespass against us

and lead us not into temptation,

but deliver us from evil.

Maybe I'm reading too much into Jesus' example, but God doesn't want us to hold grudges.  We can be against a politician's agenda and leave the personal vendettas to God, but that doesn't mean that we have to take their abuse of power.

Since our Constitution sets limits for our government and dictates that our government be of the people, we can be more proactive about our government than a citizen of a kingdom.  As long as we don't break the laws of God or our nation, we can do whatever we want to influence our government.

We all struggle with this.  I still hold a grudge against my X.  I try to tell myself that I don't and I try very hard to not act on any grudge I hold.  I think it's one of those things that will take time and prayer.

for Thine is the power, and glory forever and ever Amen.

The Bible says that only the prayers of the righteous shall be heard by the Father so, I would agree that Christians should pray for the "leaders" who in fact have forsaken the very people who put them in office.

The Bible also tells us that the cross is "foolishness to those who are perishing"...
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones and Crusader like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Thu Dec 01, 2022 4:05 am

OK you two, please 'splain this: God created fire ants. Therefore Fire Ant Therapy (FAT) is an acceptable treatment for these folks.

You both are correct, it is difficult. These words from someone who was persecuted far more than any of us could imagine, "forgive them Father for they know not what they do". And that is very difficult indeed. That is our job as Christians, it is not our job to dish out punishment. However, I do believe it is in the purview of a government to issue punishment up to and including execution. Now as a Christian, do we condone capitol punishment?

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:07 am

JMWinPR wrote:OK you two, please 'splain this: God created fire ants. Therefore Fire Ant Therapy (FAT) is an acceptable treatment for these folks.

You both are correct, it is difficult. These words from someone who was persecuted far more than any of us could imagine, "forgive them Father for they know not what they do". And that is very difficult indeed. That is our job as Christians, it is not our job to dish out punishment. However, I do believe it is in the purview of a government to issue punishment up to and including execution. Now as a Christian, do we con

Jesus didn't condemn capital punishment when he was hanging on the cross.
Crusader
Crusader

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Dec 01, 2022 8:16 am

If i remember correctly, God gives gov't the job of execution....so that he can do the final judgement.

https://www.gotquestions.org/death-penalty.html

I think God intended us to be under the authority of a Godly gov't. Nothing like what we have now. but this is nothing compared with what is to come and it seems to be coming at an alarming rate. Congress just set up a means to prosecute christians for their beliefs just this past week.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Dec 01, 2022 9:23 am

JMWinPR wrote:OK you two, please 'splain this: God created fire ants. Therefore Fire Ant Therapy (FAT) is an acceptable treatment for these folks.

You both are correct, it is difficult. These words from someone who was persecuted far more than any of us could imagine, "forgive them Father for they know not what they do". And that is very difficult indeed. That is our job as Christians, it is not our job to dish out punishment. However, I do believe it is in the purview of a government to issue punishment up to and including execution. Now as a Christian, do we condone capitol punishment?

I'm not sure that the word "condone" is the right word. The Bible strongly warns us about lawlessness. The Bible also says that governments have a right to enforce their laws. Execution is not "condoned" by Christians but, it is accepted by Christians as part of living in a "free" society. In the same way, imprisonment is not "condoned" by Christians but, it is an accepted fact that it is the reality for those who break the law.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next