Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense?

+7
Crusader
Calypso Jones
RV
vege57
EvilCat Breath
Red Lily
2cent
11 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense? Empty Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense?

Post by 2cent Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:45 pm

I generally stay away from the abortion issue.  This article, however, has me irritated enough to address it, at least to the point of expressing my pov, and asking yours.

Just for starters, I'm not so sure I buy the opening remarks:
As we near the midterm elections many are asking how will the Supreme Court’s decision on abortion influence how people vote? With a host of other issues like inflation, student loans, the war in Ukraine, immigration, the president’s age, and the pandemic competing for the attention of voters, just how important is the issue of abortion?

Very.
Now, I do know a guy - a friend of Mr. 2's - who thinks it's pertinent, and is going to hurt Pubs.  All 3 of us hope he's wrong.

But here's [part of] the Vaseline sandwich that's near next to impossible to swallow:
From the time a young woman menstruates to the time she is done with the last symptom of menopause and beyond, women are in constant conversation with other women about the everyday reality of their reproductive organs.
Seriously?  Any of you ladies here care to chime in on that?  I can tell you that it's about the LAST conversation on my mind, and that hasn't changed in 40 years, with the exception perhaps being when I was actually pregnant.

It gets even more stupid:
For many women these discussions eventually revolve around pregnancy, and for a subset of the female population, there is an additional struggle and trauma associated with getting pregnant in the first place. The intensity of pregnancy is usually the first time in this saga that men become aware of the realities of reproduction as they learn about the dangers and problems their partners could face. For most of human history, pregnancy has been dangerous and often fatal. Women with uteri can experience ectopic pregnancies, preeclampsia, and placental complications. After these health risks comes the trauma of delivery and the possibility of fetal distress, perinatal asphyxia, placenta previa, and host of other complications that can still be fatal even with modern medicine. Most men have never heard of these complications until their wife or partner is pregnant. And after the pregnancy, men rarely talk about these issues again and they recede into the background.
What in blazes name is wrong with women that; a) one can write such tripe, and b) other women - AND MEN - take her seriously??!!
Drama much?  Good gravy, please remind me we're in the 21st century.  Or, better yet, remind THEM.

The rest is here, for anyone thinking he may need to read more to in order to comment.
https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixgov/2022/09/29/the-abortion-issue-in-the-2022-midterms-unlike-any-other-issue/

Last edited by 2cent on Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Daily Bread, vege57 and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense? Empty Re: Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense?

Post by Red Lily Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:58 pm

Well my reproductive organs have never been a topic of discussion in my world. "Women are in constant conversation with other women?" All I can do is laugh.

Bizarro world.

Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones, 2cent and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:12 pm

Red Lily wrote:Well my reproductive organs have never been a topic of discussion in my world.  "Women are in constant conversation with other women?"   All I can do is laugh.

Bizarro world.

You said it. I do believe my reproductive stuff came up w/my husband when carrying our two children. I think the biggest one was, "What shall we name it." Then again, "Don't touch me!" may have come up once or twice. lol
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Daily Bread and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:24 pm

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Well my reproductive organs have never been a topic of discussion in my world.  "Women are in constant conversation with other women?"   All I can do is laugh.

Bizarro world.

You said it.  I do believe my reproductive stuff came up w/my husband when carrying our two children.  I think the biggest one was, "What shall we name it."  Then again, "Don't touch me!" may have come up once or twice.  lol

LOL @ the latter. I can relate to that. Or ... "get that thing away from me!" Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense? 773625082
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread, 2cent and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:29 pm

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:

Bizarro world.

You said it.  I do believe my reproductive stuff came up w/my husband when carrying our two children.  I think the biggest one was, "What shall we name it."  Then again, "Don't touch me!" may have come up once or twice.  lol

LOL @ the latter.  I can relate to that.   Or   ...   "get that thing away from me!"  Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense? 773625082
"Either set the camera down, or find it in the next time zone!"
"Ahh. Thank you, Dear." Do You Guys Buy this Nonsense? 452754053
2cent
2cent

Red Lily, Daily Bread and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Fri Sep 30, 2022 4:35 pm

Abortion is not a big issue with me. I don't have to think about pregnancy either. I'm just too old.

The reality is, most women will not sacrifice their lives for a pregnancy. They just won't. For whatever reason, contraception didn't work either in actuality or figuratively. A ban on abortion will last only until women can beat the issue into mud. They will never stop fighting for that autonomy. Never. They will find a way to end an unwanted pregnancy if they have to commit suicide to do it.

Many people say that abortion is a sin against God. God's Word in the Bible admonishes me not to judge the sin in another's heart. Judgement is His. So, I won't. It belongs between the woman and the Lord. We're I to judge, that would be between me and the Lord. Frankly, I don't need that stress.

EvilCat Breath

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:02 pm

I usually steer well clear of this subject as I don't believe it is a subject that should be politicized and watching the constant back and forths make my skin crawl and thus I tend to tune out.  

However, from the arguments I've seen from both sides at other places I agree with Mr 2's friend and think it could well be pertinent and may very well (probably) impact the Rs negatively in the midterms.

I hope I'm wrong as well but that's how I see it.
Red Lily
Red Lily

vege57 and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:16 pm

EvilCat Breath wrote:Abortion is not a big issue with me.  I don't have to think about pregnancy either.  I'm just too old.

The reality is, most women will not sacrifice their lives for a pregnancy.  They just won't.   For whatever reason, contraception didn't work either in actuality or figuratively.  A ban on abortion will last only until women can beat the issue into mud.  They will never stop fighting for that autonomy.  Never.   They will find a way to end an unwanted pregnancy if they have to commit suicide to do it.

Many people say that abortion is a sin against God.  God's Word in the Bible admonishes me not to judge the sin in another's heart.  Judgement is His.   So, I won't.   It belongs between the woman and the Lord.  We're I to judge, that would be between me and the Lord.  Frankly, I don't need that stress.  

""I don't have to think about pregnancy either.  I'm just too old.""

I thought you were a male, I'll have to be more polite in my responses to you going forward
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:28 pm

Red Lily wrote:I usually steer well clear of this subject as I don't believe it is a subject that should be politicized and watching the constant back and forths make my skin crawl and thus I tend to tune out.  

However, from the arguments I've seen from both sides at other places I agree with Mr 2's friend and think it could well be pertinent and may very well (probably) impact the Rs negatively in the midterms.

I hope I'm wrong as well but that's how I see it.
We are most specifically on the same page. I worry.
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Sep 30, 2022 5:31 pm

EvilCat Breath wrote:Abortion is not a big issue with me.  I don't have to think about pregnancy either.  I'm just too old.

The reality is, most women will not sacrifice their lives for a pregnancy.  They just won't.   For whatever reason, contraception didn't work either in actuality or figuratively.  A ban on abortion will last only until women can beat the issue into mud.  They will never stop fighting for that autonomy.  Never.   They will find a way to end an unwanted pregnancy if they have to commit suicide to do it.
Correct.

Many people say that abortion is a sin against God.  God's Word in the Bible admonishes me not to judge the sin in another's heart.  Judgement is His.   So, I won't.   It belongs between the woman and the Lord.  We're I to judge, that would be between me and the Lord.  Frankly, I don't need that stress.  
We, as humans, were commanded by God TO judge others. Just not to expect to NOT be judged, in return.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next