Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crawling/flying protein PBS premiers BUGS for US!!

+4
Lummy
HawkTheSlayer
jirqoadai
Calypso Jones
8 posters

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down

Crawling/flying protein PBS premiers BUGS for US!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Crawling/flying protein PBS premiers BUGS for US!!

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:40 pm

Them cups is too expensive! Like 50 cents!
 I buy the 12 pack of regular for about $3.28. Lol

I dont eat them as soup. I boil them according to directions and then drain the water. Then  add 1 or 2 tablespoons of butter and the flavoring pack.

When i worked in the refineries,  i would buy the cups. I lost 30 pounds in 8 weeks eating one of those for lunch at midnight every night on 7/12s. 

I could have eaten two. But with a half hour lunch time, 6 low powered microwaves, 200 people trying to warm stuff up, and about a 3 or 4 minute boil time on the cups, several women threatened to beat my ass for tieing up the MW. I had to switch to footlong subway sandwiches. 

One even pulled my cup out , warmed up her shit, then put my stuff back in. LOL. 

I told her if she wanted to get my attention for sex , all she had to do was ask. 

She said she was just hungry. Apologized. Then came over to my table and  asked me over for sex in the morning after she finished eating. Lol. 

Lol. Gotta love women that work hard and play hard.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Crawling/flying protein PBS premiers BUGS for US!! - Page 9 Empty Re: Crawling/flying protein PBS premiers BUGS for US!!

Post by Casey Jones Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:43 pm

Part of the time, I feel left out - that Exxon Baytown, the chemical plant, declined my application in 1982.

The other part of the time, I realize...between crazed Cajuns, Damyankee interlopers of the time, and the chaos East Texas was in back then...if Exxon had hired me, I probably wouldn't have survived. Hell, survival was iffy even in soft Ohoho Yankeeland.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:05 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Part of the time, I feel left out - that Exxon Baytown, the chemical plant, declined my application in 1982.

The other part of the time, I realize...between crazed Cajuns, Damyankee interlopers of the time, and the chaos East Texas was in back then...if Exxon had hired me, I probably wouldn't have survived.  Hell, survival was iffy even in soft Ohoho Yankeeland.
I was just contract craftsman. Making big money, working 80 hours a week all over the gulf states mainly,  and other states. But there is no better paying job than a plant operator! 

I worked in baytown a few times. 
Check out the sticker on the hardhat.
Best bar in Baytown. Crawling/flying protein PBS premiers BUGS for US!! - Page 9 20180215

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:19 pm

One of the best jobs i had in Baytown was at the Chevron/Phillips Cedar Bayou Chemical Plant located on the north side of I-10. It only lasted 4 weeks but was a good experience. Except for one incident. 

We lost a worker on a hydro test when a test cap wasn't screwed down tight and they were testing at 450psi. The cap came off and hit a worker in the chest. He didnt make it. 

We were doing our own hydro in the same yard( basicly a little used concrete pad) about 20 yards/meters away. 

The plant was initially a start up by  @Calypso Jones old company,  Gulf Oil.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedar_Bayou_plant

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:38 pm

Well...even as a young callow buck, I understood...they weren't offering the $BIG BUCK$$ for nothing. Only government work did that.

But I never got even that far. I filed an application at a job fair hosted by Texas' Job Service...and waited. And waited.

Part of the problem was, I was really in dire straits. My phone number kept changing with moar upheavals. I understood they really WANTED people - they were recruiting electrician trainees, and I had basic knowledge - but they weren't going to chase recruits down.

Instead, seven months later, I had the JPT Escape From Texas. I was driving Blazing Saddles, my Houston Pinto Ghetto Cruiser. Turned out to be my personal car in Cleveland for three moar years....
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:00 pm

800 employees and 1200 nested contractors.....

Its win/win for everyone! 

Operators(not as many as required for refinery process) can do their jobs,  and on-site , contract maintenance takes care of the problems quickly.

That plant has employed this philosophy for a long time..it's  preventive maintenance between turnarounds. And it works. 

I remember in 2010 being told that i was being transferred to another part of the plant where i would be subject to these nested contractors for about a week because they were in a bind and needed help. 

I thought about dragging up, right there. I dont like working for other company's rules. 

I get there, meet a few of them nested contractors, and then their boss .

I'll call him Hot Rod. 
I hadn't seen him for years. Lol. 

I told him,  "You hit the jackpot, MF!"

We lololol. 

He told me he did not have any plans on leaving his 5/10 , sometimes 7/12 job at chevron Phillips. 

He asked me if i wanted to stay.  I have a brother close by. 

And that is a very clean plant. As most chemical plants are. 

Its a give and take. 
When you work maintenance,  you make less money and have a life. Better for a family man. 

When you work turnarounds/shutdowns, you make more money but have no life.
Just 12 hours of work, eat, and sleep. 

If you can sleep at all in the daytime when you work nights.

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:28 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Well...even as a young callow buck, I understood...they weren't offering the $BIG BUCK$$ for nothing.  Only government work did that.

But I never got even that far.  I filed an application at a job fair hosted by Texas' Job Service...and waited.  And waited.

Part of the problem was, I was really in dire straits.  My phone number kept changing with moar upheavals.  I understood they really WANTED people - they were recruiting electrician trainees, and I had basic knowledge - but they weren't going to chase recruits down.

Instead, seven months later, I had the JPT Escape From Texas.  I was driving Blazing Saddles, my Houston Pinto Ghetto Cruiser.  Turned out to be my personal car in Cleveland for three moar years....
Just know that you usually  have to have college degree in whatever process unit you apply for these days. 

Or more realistically, a better chance if you are born into the system. 

Back in the day, the plant trained you, on site. 

Most plant operators really look down on contract workers. 

Yet, they couldn't function without them. 

They go out there every day and do their jobs like robots.
If they can't detect a malfuntion in the operator house, these days, daily rounds and routine process will never catch a problem like the old days.

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:33 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Well...even as a young callow buck, I understood...they weren't offering the $BIG BUCK$$ for nothing.  Only government work did that.

But I never got even that far.  I filed an application at a job fair hosted by Texas' Job Service...and waited.  And waited.

Part of the problem was, I was really in dire straits.  My phone number kept changing with moar upheavals.  I understood they really WANTED people - they were recruiting electrician trainees, and I had basic knowledge - but they weren't going to chase recruits down.

Instead, seven months later, I had the JPT Escape From Texas.  I was driving Blazing Saddles, my Houston Pinto Ghetto Cruiser.  Turned out to be my personal car in Cleveland for three moar years....
Im sorry , i left nested link out of my post. 

https://gallantindustrial.com/nested-industrial-maintenance/https://gallantindustrial.com/nested-industrial-maintenance/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Apr 06, 2024 11:59 pm

https://basedunderground.com/2024/04/06/is-there-hidden-cricket-flour-in-your-groceries/

Watch for cricket flour and bug protein added to your food. Cheetos, quaker oats. It is not healthy, it is parasite ridden. Chitin is not digested
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Apr 07, 2024 12:26 am

Calypso Jones wrote:https://basedunderground.com/2024/04/06/is-there-hidden-cricket-flour-in-your-groceries/

Watch for cricket flour and bug protein added to your food.  Cheetos, quaker oats.  It is not healthy, it is parasite ridden.  Chitin is not digested

We'll know soon enough.

And when we see it, of course, there will be the chorus of Reality Deniers...Tiffany Dover is alive and well, the Jabs are better medicine than Jesus used on Lazarus...you know.

Time to use caution in what you buy. Not that we have much more time, now - I think they're gonna try to extinct chickens, for the Bird Flu, dontcha know...
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next