Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

plant based protein

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

plant based protein Empty plant based protein

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Nov 06, 2021 5:41 pm

I remember when burger king or mcDonalds came out with a Veggie Burger. Maybe it wasn't a fake burger in there, maybe it was, i don't remember now but it really wasn't too bad.

That disappeared.

Now we have this plant based crap is the only word i can think of to describe it and it is AWFUL. What? did they make it taste worse just so they could torture us??
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

plant based protein Empty Re: plant based protein

Post by Red Lily Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:07 pm

I like vegetarian food but I won't eat the stuff that pretends to be meat.
Red Lily
Red Lily

vege57, Calypso Jones, Lummy and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:25 pm

Red Lily wrote:I like vegetarian food but I won't eat the stuff that pretends to be meat.

I like Indian vegetarian, and I enjoy a nice salad, and don't mind my veges either , Im a little weary of fake meat, its got to be highly processed, best just to eat less real meat ?
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:32 pm

I was a vegetarian for quite a few years in my youth. I drove past an abattoir one day and almost threw up. The smell and the cries haunted me for what seemed like forever! So I decided that if I couldn't kill my own animals (humanely) I didn't deserve to eat them.

So I learned a lot about vegetarian food and how to cook it. I still love cooking vegetarian but I also love my meat.

When my youngest's girlfriend was living with us a few years ago she bought all this fake meat crap and left some of it in my freezer so I tried some of the fake chicken nuggets.

It had the flavor or chicken but it did taste highly processed, which it is. I threw the rest out Lol.

I'd prefer to have a spinach and feta pie or a lentil burger.
Red Lily
Red Lily

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:42 pm

A classic combination Feta and spinach I enjoy both, separately or combined,,

I know one of the butchers at the local Aussie butcher, when you go out back it has the smell of decaying meat. Its subtle but its there,

last year I took a couple of lambs to my home kill slaughter man , He usually comes here, He has a few acres in Helensville , lives and kills on the property , I was inside chatting to his wife and I could smell rotten meat , they just get used to it lol

He treats the meat hygienically, but has a offal pit for skins and guts, then there's the blood when he cuts their throats , On a nice hot summers day it gets ugly real quick lol
vege57
vege57

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:55 pm

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I like vegetarian food but I won't eat the stuff that pretends to be meat.

I like Indian vegetarian, and I enjoy a nice salad, and don't mind my veges either  , Im a little weary of fake meat, its got to be highly processed, best just to eat less real meat ?

Totally.
Many fake meats have LOTS of salt in them for 'taste'. It is very unhealthy for anyone.

Meats ok. A good steak with a beer at 2 pm after a huge mornings work is nigh on perfect.
Fish and salad is really good.
Vego meals are really good

Sprintcyclist

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:09 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
vege57 wrote:

I like Indian vegetarian, and I enjoy a nice salad, and don't mind my veges either  , Im a little weary of fake meat, its got to be highly processed, best just to eat less real meat ?

Totally.
Many fake meats have LOTS of salt in them for 'taste'. It is very unhealthy for anyone.

Meats ok. A good steak with a beer at 2 pm after a huge mornings work is nigh on perfect.
Fish and salad is really good.
Vego meals are really good

A nice char grilled steak, rare heading toward medium and a beer, is somewhat a religious experience, and a nice fresh salad . Lettuce, tomato , mung beans , charred capsicum, feta , red onion, avocado, some blanched asparagus , a little grated carrot and a nice vinaigrette
vege57
vege57

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:16 pm

I'm getting hungry now !!

............. A nice char grilled steak, rare heading toward medium and a beer, is somewhat a religious experience, and a nice fresh salad . Lettuce, tomato , mung beans , charred capsicum, feta , red onion, avocado, some blanched asparagus , a little grated carrot and a nice vinaigrette ..............

Sprintcyclist

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:21 pm

I find the wagyu 'marbled' steaks to be really awful.

Would FAR prefer salmon.

Sprintcyclist

vege57 and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Nov 06, 2021 8:27 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:I'm getting hungry now !!

.............  A nice char grilled steak, rare heading toward medium and a beer, is somewhat a religious experience, and a nice fresh salad . Lettuce, tomato , mung beans , charred capsicum, feta , red onion, avocado, some blanched asparagus , a little grated carrot and a nice vinaigrette      ..............

its 1:30 here and just realized I haven't eaten today, been busy. will probably hang out till dinner . Im doing a roast chicken and salad, made a nice potato salad yesterday, with some bacon, red onion chives and parsley fresh outta the garden , yum
vege57
vege57

Sprintcyclist likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next