Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant

+2
HawkTheSlayer
2cent
6 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant - Page 2 Empty Re: Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:45 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Did they let it go?   I hope not.   People will free a lobster they think and drop it in the ocean...where it drowns on the way down.  idiots.

Actually, the giant one I caught, I gave to my buyer at the time .
He had it mounted! I don't know how da f@ck you mount a crawfish! Lolol.

He prolly put it in an ant nest until they ate all the insides out and then put some clear coat , polyurethane on it , because it was too shiny! Lol.
He used it as a fixture in his retail market for years.

We had a bad falling out when i cuaght him cheating my catch weight and he wouldn't gimme by blue bug back . Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant - Page 2 773625082

But it's all good.  
2 years later he went bankrupt .

youd hafta ask vege how to properly mount a crawfish. id guess youd need to keep your pecker away from its pincers.

Why would I ask Vege? He doesn't know anything about commercial fishing, crawfishing, crawfish morphology,  or even how to boil them!

But I bet he would eat and generate a pile of heads quick if I boiled them !

Just like you would.

Or do you have a seafood allergy?

I caught and cooked a few craws in my early days, nothin fancy, just boiled them, I'm sure they wouldn't be a patch on your bad boys Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant - Page 2 293021872
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant - Page 2 Empty Re: Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:46 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Did they let it go?   I hope not.   People will free a lobster they think and drop it in the ocean...where it drowns on the way down.  idiots.

He prolly put it in an ant nest until they ate all the insides out and then put some clear coat , polyurethane on it , because it was too shiny! Lol.

We had a bad falling out when i cuaght him cheating my catch weight and he wouldn't gimme by blue bug back . Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant - Page 2 773625082

But it's all good.  

""I don't know how da f@ck you mount a crawfish!""

Missionary ?
only unless you agree with jebe.

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 16, 2022 6:47 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

But it's all good.  

""I don't know how da f@ck you mount a crawfish!""

Missionary ?
only unless you agree with jebe.

A suggestion not a recommendation lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:15 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

But it's all good.  

youd hafta ask vege how to properly mount a crawfish. id guess youd need to keep your pecker away from its pincers.

Why would I ask Vege? He doesn't know anything about commercial fishing, crawfishing, crawfish morphology,  or even how to boil them!

Just like you would.

I caught and cooked a few craws in my early days, nothin fancy, just boiled them, I'm sure they wouldn't be a patch on your bad boys Rare Lobster Saved from Seafood Resaurant - Page 2 293021872
In the old days before Crawfish became popular my dad used to work as an electrical contractor in the late 50s/early 60s in the Bayou Pigeon region. My favorite place to fish, although a long way from home, because those are the best tasting crawfish in the world.

This place was one of the last places in the US to have electricity via the REA(Government Co-op Program called The Rural Electrification Association) .

A sack of crawfish usually weighs between 30 and 40 pounds. Depending on size of the crawfish, claw size, etc.

You can hardly buy a sack of crawfish retail today for less than $100. And of course the fisherman usually get screwed.

They didn't have crawfish sacks back then that hold a 40 pound average.

They used repurposed onion sacks that held 50 pounds of onions . Well after being handled and stretched , I guess they held 50 or 60 pounds of crawfish.

But let's just consider 40 pounds for the math

Pop told me they would start out at 8 cents a pound or $3.20 /sack.
Man! He said there was no way nobody was going to pay dat!

When they went down to 4 cents a pound ($1.60/sack) they would buy one.

When they got down to 2 or 3 cents a pound( 80-90cents a sack) they might buy 2 at a time.

Lol.

Daily Bread and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:22 pm

i always understood lake peigneur used to be the best. untill it went saltwater that is.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:32 pm

jirqoadai wrote:i always understood lake peigneur used to be the best. untill it went saltwater that is.
This is downright couyon(stupid) . Nobody ever fished crawfish there.
It's just intentional misinformation.

But it was a spectacular event !

I was living in Lafayette at the time and glad I wasn't on the lake or it's banks.

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 16, 2022 7:32 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

But it's all good.  

Just like you would.

In the old days before Crawfish became popular my dad used to work as an electrical contractor in the late 50s/early 60s in the Bayou Pigeon region. My favorite place to fish, although a long way from home, because those are the best tasting crawfish in the world.

This place was one of the last places in the US to have electricity via the REA(Government Co-op Program called The Rural Electrification Association) .

A sack of crawfish usually weighs between 30 and 40 pounds. Depending on size of the crawfish,  claw size, etc.

You can hardly buy a sack of crawfish retail today for less than $100. And of course the fisherman usually get screwed.

They used repurposed onion sacks that held 50 pounds of onions . Well after being handled and stretched , I guess they held 50 or 60 pounds of crawfish.

When they got down to 2 or 3 cents a pound( 80-90cents a sack) they might buy 2 at a time.

Lol.

FROZEN COOKED CRAWFISH TAIL 500G
Minimum quantity: 1.0

NZ $29.90/each
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:52 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

But it's all good.  

Just like you would.

A sack of crawfish usually weighs between 30 and 40 pounds. Depending on size of the crawfish,  claw size, etc.

Lol.

FROZEN COOKED CRAWFISH TAIL 500G
Minimum quantity: 1.0

NZ $29.90/each

Hell, that ain't too bad! I think 454 grams is a pound. About double what we pay here for local tail meat. But some tail.meat here cost $17/pound now.

But there ain't no link there.

All I can tell you is , buy NZ or Louisiana Crawfish or even Spanish crawfish. Do Not buy that Chinese Shit At any price!!!
It's rotten and I found a leech in my gravy!

Red can back me up here.

Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Jul 16, 2022 8:59 pm

NEVER buy Chinese 'food' of any description! Evil or Very Mad
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Jul 16, 2022 10:22 pm

apparently, Live Oak Gardens did have shallow water plants. id have to see if part of the $12mil was for ( loss of habitat ).
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next