Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Homemade wine

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Homemade wine - Page 2 Empty Re: Homemade wine

Post by Lummy Sat Jun 18, 2022 11:37 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:LOL  online. Any advice would be MOST appreciated.

is it THAT easy??

I brew my own beer and assume wine is similar.

It's not what I would call easy. Everything has to be sanatised. Need and airlock.
Temperature has to be controlled when brewing. 20 --> 22 degrees C for a normal ale. So 68 -->  72 degrees F .
At times you have to cool it, at times heat it. Very gently.

Yes, it is very easy but never tastes as good as wine made by experts who use great care. In fact, a lot of home made wine -- maybe most of it -- becomes vinegar, which proves infection by unwanted organisms.

It's not easy to do, and the need for cleanliness can't be overstated. Sterile in other words.

That said, prison inmates make a lot of what they call "pruno" and have a reputation for good success. No idea why.
Lummy
Lummy

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Homemade wine - Page 2 Empty Re: Homemade wine

Post by 2cent Sat Jun 18, 2022 12:14 pm

Lummy wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:LOL  online. Any advice would be MOST appreciated.

is it THAT easy??

I brew my own beer and assume wine is similar.

It's not what I would call easy. Everything has to be sanatised. Need and airlock.
Temperature has to be controlled when brewing. 20 --> 22 degrees C for a normal ale. So 68 -->  72 degrees F .
At times you have to cool it, at times heat it. Very gently.

Yes, it is very easy but never tastes as good as wine made by experts who use great care. In fact, a lot of home made wine -- maybe most of it -- becomes vinegar, which proves infection by unwanted organisms.

It's not easy to do, and the need for cleanliness can't be overstated. Sterile in other words.

That said, prison inmates make a lot of what they call "pruno" and have a reputation for good success. No idea why.
Well, what with necessity being the mother of all inventions...
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2