Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Montreal Steak Seasoning

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Montreal Steak Seasoning Empty Montreal Steak Seasoning

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 11, 2022 4:46 pm

Many folks have their own personal like for different seasoning. Down here, seasoning blends outnumber hot sauces.

I make my own as do some other folks on the board. I was lucky enough to receive some but haven't tried them yet.

But for decades MSS has always been one of my favorites baking and grilling. It's very unique.

I love the course nature of all the ingredients. But I think it's the coriander and dill that seal the deal for me.
I've never tried any other Grillmate variety! Lol

Montreal Steak Seasoning 20220511

Red Lily, Daily Bread and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Montreal Steak Seasoning Empty Re: Montreal Steak Seasoning

Post by Daily Bread Wed May 11, 2022 5:15 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Many folks have their own personal like for different seasoning. Down here, seasoning blends outnumber hot sauces.

I make my own as do some other folks on the board. I was lucky enough to receive some but haven't tried them yet.

But for decades MSS has always been one of my favorites baking and grilling. It's very unique.

I love the course nature of all the ingredients. But I think it's the coriander and dill that seal the deal for me.

I put that sh#t on everything !
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Crusader and Thom Paine like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 11, 2022 5:55 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:Many folks have their own personal like for different seasoning. Down here, seasoning blends outnumber hot sauces.

I put that sh#t on everything !
Montreal Steak Seasoning 773625082 Frank Wil be angry.

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 11, 2022 6:22 pm

I love most herbs. Parsley is my favorite. Yet, I seldom grow it. It's more of a winter herb here.

I'm really not crazy about cilantro. But I love coriander which are cilantro seeds. Lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed May 11, 2022 6:25 pm

It's all called Coriander here, leaves, stems and seeds, and I dislike it rather a lot Lol.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 11, 2022 6:37 pm

Red Lily wrote:It's all called Coriander here, leaves, stems and seeds, and I dislike it rather a lot Lol.
I could just crush the seeds and eat them.  Great in pickling and on pizza with fennel and/or anise.
I love cilantro in Pico de Gallo. And in Ro-tel tomatoes.  Lol

I've bought cilantro by mistake for parsley a cupla times when I was young

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Wed May 11, 2022 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed May 11, 2022 6:39 pm

I have montreal seasoning but i apparently don't use it as much as you do. Tell us what you put it on and if you do any thing extra with it.

I like to make my own seasonings. Saltless ones that alternatives for salt. I like Tajin and hot sauces, asian sauces. I keep salt, pepper, cayenne, italian blend and a homemade seasoned salt in containers that i can open and close and stick my fingers....clean.....to take out pinches or more. The containers are shallow and wide mouthed. I keep them in my cabinet until i'm ready to cook. Learned that at a cooking and meal demo at Homestead/cascades in West Virginia. purty swanky.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 11, 2022 6:44 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I have montreal seasoning but i apparently don't use it as much as you do.   Tell us what you put it on and if you do any thing  extra with it.

I like to make my own seasonings.  Saltless ones that alternatives for salt.  I like Tajin and hot sauces, asian sauces.   I keep salt, pepper, cayenne, italian blend and a homemade seasoned salt in containers that i can open and close and stick my fingers....clean.....to take out pinches or more.   The containers are shallow and wide mouthed. I keep them in my cabinet until i'm ready to cook.   Learned that at a cooking and meal demo at Homestead/cascades in West Virginia.  purty swanky.

LOL. I only use it on grilled or baked meat. Usually pork chops. That canister in the pic is over a year expired and still very good. Lol.

LOL. I'm cooking some black eyed peas right now with that smoky ham broth seasoning you sent . Not sure how much to use but it sure smells good.

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Wed May 11, 2022 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total

Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed May 11, 2022 6:47 pm

they own resturants. might i suggest you see who rates those, and what theyve done during the wuflu. 2.  have you ever delved into hog shooting and what it would take to bring that meat to market? seems to me if you were only partialy successfull you could finance your own R&D for your own branded seasoning.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 11, 2022 6:57 pm

jirqoadai wrote:they own resturants. might i suggest you see who rates those, and what theyve done during the wuflu. 2.  have you ever delved into hog shooting and what it would take to bring that meat to market? seems to me if you were only partialy successfull you could finance your own R&D for your own branded seasoning.

Call Targill. Opelousas, La. American injuns. They'll blend anything you want to your specs and design you a label too, if you don't have one.

You can sell it for $1/cannister more, easily:$12 case profit, minimum.
Call it, Jebe's Fire dance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next