Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100

+4
Lummy
billy the kid
Calypso Jones
Crusader
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100 Empty Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat May 07, 2022 2:41 am

America's supply chain for various products has taken multiple blows from COVID circumstances since the pandemic surged.

Sometimes products simply aren't to be had.

Then when a specific market stream is further complicated by a recall, it gets worse.

And for parents who are feeding their newborns formula, sometimes a specific formula, when the store shelves are empty they have few options.

continued:
https://www.wnd.com/2022/05/supply-chain-disaster-baby-formula-vanishes-store-shelves/?ats_es=57139bde57e070d7cce67b2f02003c45

Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100 Empty Re: Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100

Post by Crusader Sat May 07, 2022 3:00 am

I'm glad my daughter in law is a big believer in breastfeeding.
Crusader
Crusader

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100 Empty Re: Supply chain disaster! Baby formula vanishes from store shelves Online $43 cans now selling for $100

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat May 07, 2022 3:03 am

Crusader wrote:I'm glad my daughter in law is a big believer in breastfeeding.

I agree, BUT.....sometimes breastfeeding needs added nourishment. I had a girlfriend who did breastfeeding. Even though she had plenty as far as quantity, because she was always anemic, she needed to supplement....
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat May 07, 2022 11:45 am

We should go back to what our mothers and grandmothers did and they didn't need to buy this crappy tasting unhealthy additives in store bought baby food. No wonder our kids are unhealthy and are squeamish about food.

Evaporated milk or whole milk. cream of rice or any cream cereal with smashed bananas and later on smashed peaches. Mashed potatoes...nearly any food when they are ready for solids, In my opinion after 6 months start with the cereals. depending on how they do add veggies, smashed of course and then.

Have you tasted any of this SHIT and I DO MEAN SHIT. The formula, gaggable. The baby foods unpalatable. We force this crap in their mouths. because we can and we think we must. Screwem.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat May 07, 2022 5:51 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:We should go back to what our mothers and grandmothers did and they didn't need to buy this crappy tasting unhealthy additives in store bought baby food.  No wonder our kids are unhealthy and are squeamish about food.  

Evaporated milk or whole milk.    cream of rice or any cream cereal with smashed bananas and later on smashed peaches.  Mashed potatoes...nearly any food when they are ready for solids,  In my opinion after 6 months start with the cereals.    depending on how they do add veggies, smashed of course and then.  

Have you tasted any of this SHIT and I DO MEAN SHIT.   The formula, gaggable.  The baby foods unpalatable.  We force this crap in their mouths.  because we can and we think we must.  Screwem.

Oh yeah! I took care of mom at home the last 5 years of her life, she had dementia. For nearly the last year, she wouldn't chew food. So I had to feed her baby food through a syringe. I'd buy all the fruits and vegetables she always liked, but some of them, I'd think this doesn't smell like this or that, and then I'd taste it and.......................GAG ME! YUCKY & NASTY!

Okay, along this line, maybe someone can explain to me about the latest hoo-ha about cow-based milk for babies. I forget now what the commercial said the name of the disease was, but it was for a law firm claiming that these types of formulas could cause injury/damage to babies.... NEC? I think~
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat May 07, 2022 9:38 pm

With the exceptional ? ability of hospital doc and nurses at catching things not right with babies at birth... why would EVERY BABY be denied decent food because of the danger to a few. Every. body. gotta. share. the misery.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by billy the kid Sat May 07, 2022 10:00 pm

I often had difficulty with my kids when they were babies getting
them to sleep at nite...
An old baby health centre nurse suggested adding malt to
their bedtime bottle....
Worked a treat...

billy the kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat May 07, 2022 10:25 pm

THAT!! is .....stunning. LOLOL A nurse...and yet they tell the pregnant woman she can't drink so much as a glass of wine or use aspirin. LOLOLOLOL
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Elizabeth Theus and billy the kid like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by billy the kid Sat May 07, 2022 10:34 pm

I can vividly remember my late wife going into chemists and doctors
pulling her hair out, seeking some help to get them to sleep at nite
as all they wanted was more stories to be read...
We were encouraged even to take them for a walk (at the age of 2)
just before bedtime...
People would look at her as though she was from outer space....
Then the lightbulb moment of the malt additive....
Although I must admit I still had difficulty getting them off to
bed when they were five.....
But thats typical I think.......

billy the kid

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat May 07, 2022 10:42 pm

billy the kid wrote:I can vividly remember my late wife going into chemists and doctors
pulling her hair out, seeking some help to get them to sleep at nite
as all they wanted was more stories to be read...
We were encouraged even to take them for a walk (at the age of 2)
just before bedtime...
People would look at her as though she was from outer space....
Then the lightbulb moment of the malt additive....
Although I must admit I still had difficulty getting them off to
bed when they were five.....
But thats typical I think.......

I've known many mothers to rub alcohol on their babies gums when they were teething.
And many mothers using essential oils to give babies a tummy/chest rub to get them calmed and sleeping when they had colic, etc....
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next