Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn

+3
Red Lily
Lummy
EvilCat Breath
7 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn Empty Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn

Post by EvilCat Breath Wed Apr 27, 2022 12:30 am

Jazz is in a complete free fall from which she may not recover.  After a couple of close calls where she swallowed open safety pins and glass shards, she is in a therapeutic facility where she is getting something called Equine Therapy.  It's horses right?  What can horses do with a girl so seriously mentally ill?    Has anyone ever heard of this?  Does it work with the destructive and suicidal?  This can't be a regular hospital.  Her mom and grandmother are asking me like I know. We aren't allowed to seen her. No one is.

EvilCat Breath

Back to top Go down

Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn Empty Re: Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn

Post by Lummy Wed Apr 27, 2022 2:53 am

If you mean "equine-assisted therapy", wikipedia has a short section on it: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equine-assisted_therapy

Never heard of it myself.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn Empty Re: Serious stuff. I have nowhere to turn

Post by Red Lily Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:26 am

I've seen it referred to and used in tv shows but that's all.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:26 am

Good luck there.
Sounds very challenging.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 27, 2022 8:32 am

I don't understand family not being allowed to see her or her being allowed to see them. That is cruel and can't be helpful. Almost sounds like state abduction.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Wed Apr 27, 2022 11:52 am

Calypso Jones wrote:I don't understand family not being allowed to see her or her being allowed to see them.    That is cruel and can't be helpful. Almost sounds like state abduction.    

All 5 children have been removed and no family is allowed to see any of them. The oldest boy is 15. He is allowed one ten minute call once a week. He doesn't want to go home. He wants to stay with his foster family. He is allowed to speak with his sisters and brother.

I have read the incident reports and the police reports as well as speaking to the oldest boy. I have read the letters the middle girl wrote to her mother. I doubt that any of these children will ever be returned home. Jazz might be in lock down for her life. I just don't get how horses can help.

EvilCat Breath

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 27, 2022 1:58 pm

Looking online i see a lot of the so called benefits..and most kids do love horses don't they...but the problem is....there are no control groups or sufficient studies.
lots is anecdotal.

I'm going to ask my daughter in law who is in the business of mental health. I'll get back to you.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Wed Apr 27, 2022 5:32 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Looking online i see a lot of the so called benefits..and most kids do love horses don't they...but the problem is....there are no control groups or sufficient studies.
lots is anecdotal.  

I'm going to ask my daughter in law who is in the business of mental health.   I'll get back to you.

Bless you. Poor Jazz. She never had a fair shake in life.

EvilCat Breath

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:12 pm

She says, it is a legitimate form of therapy but should be paired with traditional therapy if possible.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Wed Apr 27, 2022 10:41 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:She says, it is a legitimate form of therapy but should be paired with traditional therapy if possible.

Jazz is in an institution. She is getting therapy all the time. I just hope it eases her troubled soul. The youngest boy is in a group home for developmentally disabled children. He's okay. He's where he needs to be. I don't believe Jan and her husband are ever going to see any of those children again.

The monster hasn't been sentenced yet. I hope he stays there for life. What a mess.

EvilCat Breath

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next