Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst fast food restaurant ranking

+8
Calypso Jones
El G
Casey Jones
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
Jen
OneDumbBlonde
Wyatt Earp
12 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst fast food restaurant ranking

Post by Red Lily Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:11 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:The first time I tried KFC someone told me they used grossly deformed chickens with 2 heads, 2 butts or 3 legs.   I think it turned me off for life.
If you tried it, dat means you ate it. :)

I did and I ate it once more.  It was slimy under the batter so never again!  Razz

Their boneless stuff is ok I kinda like that but nothing with a bone inside lol
Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 2812882407 Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 773625082
You prolly wouldn't like their fish sandwich either. Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 773625082

slap
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 Empty Re: Worst fast food restaurant ranking

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:44 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:The Colonel's chicken pieces are about the worst things I've ever eaten.  The rest of his stuff is ok but those chicken pieces are kinda slimy and gross.

I like KFC, I have it once a week, I helps lubricate the colon
Lololol.  You know, original recipe KFC chicken wasn't fried. It was pressure cooked. I shit you not. I liked it on occasion. It was different. You couldn't hardly tell it wasn't fried.
I doubt they still pressure cook original recipe after all the corporate buyouts.
what a wonderful concept of promoting food. " i shit you not "
Lol. It was very tasty and the most tender chicken on the market at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:33 pm

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Throw out those deep fryers and get an air fryer!   Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 3561531328

Very healthy im sure , but there are some things that just need to be deep fried

Fried zucchini flowers are pretty good.

Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 IMG_8612-Pan-fried-zucchini-flowers-750
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Knightkore Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:08 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Jen wrote:
Red Lily wrote:The Colonel's chicken pieces are about the worst things I've ever eaten.  The rest of his stuff is ok but those chicken pieces are kinda slimy and gross.
When I was a kid in Texas we liked Church's Fried Chicken.........  don't know if it still exists or if it's even good. But I liked it then.
Church's was great back in the day. Large pieces of chicken( not anemic 2.5 lb fryers like Popeyes) at a great price. Plus they had large orders of stuff like fried livers and tender fried gizzards , too.
I think Popeyes bought church's way back, but you know how all that changes hands.
Church's struggled but still exists.

I haven't eaten at one since 1982 because I was afraid I'd go to jail. Lololol.

I was in college and very hungry after smoking some weed and i had like 5 dollars to my name . So i ordered a 3-piece chicken, at church's,  no sides. Like 4 dollas, sumpthing. No dining. Just the smallest place you ever saw with one pick-up window.

I got there and gave them my 5 dollar bill. The young lady handed me my bag.

Then another bag. Then another bag. Hey! I didn't steal nothing  @Knightkore ! It was God's will to feed the hungry! Back then , corporate surely weren't feeding hungry people of there own free will. It was God's will!

I got back to my apartment and had 4 pieces of chicken in one bag, an order of fries and onion rings in another bag, and 4 ears a
Of corn in the last bag!

Funny , I didn't get no drinks with that.

Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 4 773625082 We have a local restaurant called Golden Pride/Frontier Restaurant. They have some good chicken. I tend to favor Popeye's. I like the spicy stuff.
Knightkore
Knightkore

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:51 am

Jen wrote:
When I was a kid in Texas we liked Church's Fried Chicken.........  don't know if it still exists or if it's even good. But I liked it then.

Church's was purchased by Popeyes, about 30 years ago.

They're still around, here and there. Popeye's, at least, tries to appeal to everyone, even if most of their customers are black, most places. Church's, now, is pure 'hood.

Wasn't always that way; but it is, now.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:55 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:

I like KFC, I have it once a week, I helps lubricate the colon
Lololol.  You know, original recipe KFC chicken wasn't fried. It was pressure cooked. I shit you not. I liked it on occasion. It was different. You couldn't hardly tell it wasn't fried.
I doubt they still pressure cook original recipe after all the corporate buyouts.

If I remember reading their own puffery, back when they were independent...it was fried, but in a pressure-cooker-like device. I guess that was the innovation - get a cooker that you can fill the bottom with oil, and then fry the chicken in that.

Last I heard, back when I knew people who worked in those places, the chicken came pre-cooked from corporate kitchens. Like Howard Johnson's used to do. But you're right, all the corporate buying and selling and re-forming...who knows?

Harland Sanders had the position of Quality Control Chief of KFC, up until his death. It was shortly after, that the company was sold to Heublein's, and then to Pepsico, and then spun off with Taco Bell as YUM! So, who knows if there's any part of the original recipe still in use.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Sat Apr 17, 2021 2:05 pm

El G wrote:Back in the 80's I spent summer vaycays with my dad in California. A Carl's jr. 'superstar' was manna from heaven. Same with their crinkle cut fries. The franchise came to BC a few years ago so of course, I  had to try it-

Unrecognizable.
I have the same story. For a long time, Carl's Jr./Hardee's wasn't present in Houston, but they existed in Dallas and Arkansas, where a lot of my family lived. I would make a point to eat at one anytime I traveled to those places. They finally opened a Carl's Jr. in Houston 10 years ago, and I was excited about it, but when I tried it, it sucked. It did taste different.
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:46 pm

Neo wrote:I came across a “five guys “ in Norwich whilst I was working there. I’d walk past if every morning at 7am just as a truck was unloading trolleys of fresh tomatoes, lettuce, and whatnot so I knew everything was extremely fresh for customers.
One evening I thought I’d check it out, I remember walking in and 3 young men were behind the counter watching me eagerly expecting me to order.
After careful examination of their order board I discovered 5 guys were  twice at expensive as McDonalds, just for a burger meal it was £12
Looking over to the young men I apologised to them and told them it was too expensive and not their fault, briskly I walked out. A lesson learned.

£12=$16.60

Damn. I can get a huge fried seafood platter at a good restaurant for about 3 dollars more.

Neo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:31 pm

They are twice as expensive as the Fallen Arches.

They are exponentially better.

mic drop
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Neo likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next