Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst fast food restaurant ranking

+8
Calypso Jones
El G
Casey Jones
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
Jen
OneDumbBlonde
Wyatt Earp
12 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Worst fast food restaurant ranking Empty Worst fast food restaurant ranking

Post by Wyatt Earp Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:13 pm

I'm factoring in ideas and price of the food more than taste. Taste is too subjective.

3. Carl's Jr.
Do you want a big small burger or a small big burger? Their menu is jumbled. Even their name is fucked up.

2. Taco Bell
Small spoonful of meat for a taco that's 95% grease. I will never try their breakfast either, waffle tacos are a horrible idea.

1. Jack in the Box
These days, it's probably the worst place you can go.

They're expensive. Gone are the days of them having 99 cent tacos.

Their ideas suck. All they serve is crappy stonerfood.

Worst fast food restaurant ranking Screen_Shot_2017_12_22_at_11.52.58_AM

They must have the dumbest CEO.
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst fast food restaurant ranking Empty Re: Worst fast food restaurant ranking

Post by OneDumbBlonde Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:29 pm

I wish I hated Taco Bell. Embarassed

Carl's Jr. is disappointing, but Hardees, OTOH, must put straight-up crack in their food.

Agree on Jack in the Box. They earned that "probably the worst place you can go."
OneDumbBlonde
OneDumbBlonde

HawkTheSlayer and Wyatt Earp like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:39 pm

OneDumbBlonde wrote:I wish I hated Taco Bell.  Embarassed

Carl's Jr. is disappointing, but Hardees, OTOH, must put straight-up crack in their food.

Agree on Jack in the Box.  They earned that "probably the worst place you can go."
Del Taco has better tasting tacos than Taco Bell and better prices. But most states probably don't have them.
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

OneDumbBlonde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Apr 14, 2021 6:47 pm

OneDumbBlonde wrote:I wish I hated Taco Bell.  Embarassed

Agree on Jack in the Box.  They earned that "probably the worst place you can go."
My fast food eating is limited to when I travel and though I have taken many long road trips........... Covid has shut those right down. So my assessment is of how places were 10+ years ago.

1. Subway. We liked subway for a good sandwich you built yourself. But in Denver, I had my sandwich built and was waiting for the family to build theirs and there was a fly busily buzzing around in the cookie box touching every single cookie. Haven't been back to a Subway since and that was 15+ years ago.

2. Sonic. Sonic hamburgers are really great. That's my favorite burger. But I got a stale bun once, and then we stopped for those slushy things and they were out of ice cream. WTH? Haven't been back since.......

3. Taco Bell. I can almost always find something I like at a Taco Bell. Fake Mexican food, but... oh well. Never get that number 1 big old burrito. Scant on the meat, big on the beans.

4. Hardees. I only include this because it was the last fast food place I've eaten. It was on the Kansas (maybe Oklahoma) turnpike this past November. The burger was fine. No complaints except that we had to eat in the car because of covid and it was messy. On our way home from Minnesota, we packed ham sandwiches so we wouldn't have to deal with the fast food thing.

Jen
Jen

HawkTheSlayer, OneDumbBlonde and Wyatt Earp like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 14, 2021 7:14 pm

I won't mention the name because it's a local joint.

A great place for all kinds of fast food and been in business for decades with limited dine-in and a huge take-out/pick-up business.

It an old place and not the cleanest , most sparkling place you've ever seen .Lol. But like I said, all the food is good, large portions, at a fair price.

One time, many years ago, myself and the owner of a local tractor dealership decided we were going there for lunch. We ordered fried chicken. They had the best homemade fried chicken in town, fried by 2 black ladies who had worked there for decades, themselves.

We ordered and sat at a table.The place was packed as usual.

A black lady was sitting at the table next to us. Soon after we sat down, her order was ready. She got up and got her food. She too had ordered fried chicken.

All at once, she started hollering and calling jesus and cuttin up bad. Evidently, some kind of way, a roach must have gotten into the flour/batter and when she either bit into the chicken or pulled the skin off, the roach was there in all his glory. Lol.

She was angry and I can't say I blame her. She took the food back to the counter bitching up a storm! The owner laffed(enough to get sued) and offered her two options. Either she could get her money back or more chicken.
Boy , she sho didn't want no mo roach chicken!

Me and buddy were both laffing by that time. The roach was well crispy I imagine and couldn't make you sick but jesus.....

We ate our chicken and it was great!
But we pulled all the skin off first just to be sure. Worst fast food restaurant ranking 773625082

Red Lily, OneDumbBlonde and Wyatt Earp like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:35 pm

Roach chicken ewwww!
Red Lily
Red Lily

OneDumbBlonde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:36 pm

Worst tasting restaurant has to be Papa Murphy's pizza. Not ranked because I don't know anything about the pricing. Might be reasonable, for whoever likes that garbage. But I prefer to keep things objective.
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

HawkTheSlayer and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:09 pm

I can't comment on this, intelligently. Fast food has been outta my world for years now.

I don't understand the hatred at Carl's. Those cholesterol bombs are IMHO, TASTY. All the natural drippings, plus the cheese. I usually try for one of their bacon specials or Western Sourdough versions - avoid the catsup and mustard.

Yeah, the name is farked up. There's a history behind it. Carl Karcher had two outlets - a full-service restaurant, and a hamburger stand, Carl's Junior. Los Angeles was full of restaurants; but the hamburger stand was a new thing. This was a few years before the Brothers McDonald did what they did.

So the chain that came out of it, was Carl's Jr.

Hardees was purchased by them, 20 years ago. The menu, like the signage, is identical. The specials, not always. Hardee's is east, Carl's is West. There's exceptions.

Hardee's was more-or-less national; while Carl's focused on the West Coast. Carl's was all owned by CKE Enterprises - no franchising. Hardee's, like other fast food joints, was a franchising company. Took awhile for CKE to learn franchising - and they were coping with the death of Carl Karcher, meantime.

Jack-inna-Crack (as we called it in the Navy) was once good; is now indistinguishable. Better than the Fallen Arches.

Burger Knave should be beheaded by the King. That place has no reason to exist.

The Fallen Arches have lost their footing. No special reason there, either. Neither the Knave nor the Arches are especially well-run.

Popeye's has the best chicken but is GROSSLY overpriced and managed, without fail, by IDIOTS. I learned of Popeyes in Houston, forty years ago. They came to Cleveland, and the same idiots - 100-percent black, and seething with racism - so I occasionally bought chicken there, but I didn't savor the experience.

When they opened here in Montana, it was, W-T-F. Are we gonna have the only white, well-run Popeyes?

No such luck. They sent a black supervisor to train the white locals, including the manager, to be surly and incompetent and grotesquely slow.

That's about it for my fast-food experience. Haven't eaten at the Colonel's post in 20 years...I don't know if the chicken quality has dropped or my taste changed, but it seems soggy and bland in taste, compared to forty years ago.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Wyatt Earp Thu Apr 15, 2021 12:23 am

Carl's Jr. gets on the list because of their complicated menu and horrible ideas (like poptart ice cream sandwich). The food isn't that good either. It suffers through Burger King syndrome with bad fries, bloated buns, and tasteless chicken products. Burger King has good deals though.
Wyatt Earp
Wyatt Earp

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:11 am

A good deal on bad food, is no deal. Anyway, that's how I see it.

I have to be really hungry to eat at one of those places. Even if I get someone to hold the sugared condiments, the carbs on one of those things are just off the charts. I try to limit carbs in a meal to 25 grams or so, no more than 75 a day.

Coming back to this thread, I'm surprised no one mentioned Five Guys. Before my blood-sugar became medically-interventional, I'd get their huge burgers...yeah, and the fries, which were damn good.

Maybe that's one reason I finally went from pre-diabetic to full-on. Can't eat like a kid anymore, no matter how much I may want to; and a huge cup full of french fries, isn't the way to live.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next