Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Worst fast food restaurant ranking

+8
Calypso Jones
El G
Casey Jones
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
Jen
OneDumbBlonde
Wyatt Earp
12 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst fast food restaurant ranking

Post by El G Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:59 am

Back in the 80's I spent summer vaycays with my dad in California. A Carl's jr. 'superstar' was manna from heaven. Same with their crinkle cut fries. The franchise came to BC a few years ago so of course, I  had to try it-

Unrecognizable.
El G
El G

HawkTheSlayer, OneDumbBlonde, HAMARTIA and Wyatt Earp like this post

Back to top Go down

Worst fast food restaurant ranking - Page 2 Empty Re: Worst fast food restaurant ranking

Post by OneDumbBlonde Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:30 am

Casey Jones wrote:
Popeye's has the best chicken but is GROSSLY overpriced and managed, without fail, by IDIOTS.  I learned of Popeyes in Houston, forty years ago.  They came to Cleveland, and the same idiots - 100-percent black, and seething with racism - so I occasionally bought chicken there, but I didn't savor the experience.

When they opened here in Montana, it was, W-T-F.  Are we gonna have the only white, well-run Popeyes?

No such luck.  They sent a black supervisor to train the white locals, including the manager, to be surly and incompetent and grotesquely slow.

That's about it for my fast-food experience.  Haven't eaten at the Colonel's post in 20 years...I don't know if the chicken quality has dropped or my taste changed, but it seems soggy and bland in taste, compared to forty years ago.

I was wondering what happened to the Popeye's in Kalispell (after getting excited to see they had one, then realizing they're "permanently closed"). The one that opened in N Idaho is just alright. There were 3 I was familiar with in the Denver area. Two of them were phenomenal, but one of them you didn't want to go to after dark. The third one gave them such a bad name, I don't know how that one is even still operating.

Popeye's ruined me on KFC forever.
OneDumbBlonde
OneDumbBlonde

HawkTheSlayer and HAMARTIA like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:05 pm

Most of the 'hood Popeyes are like that.

Their black customers don't care. Neither does top management. I have no idea if it's now a black-run concern...IIRC, Popeye, the original creator, was from New Orleans but not black.

But that's how they are, in every metro area. Good chicken, but slathered with racism and set in areas where white people risk their lives to drive through.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

OneDumbBlonde likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:29 pm

when we travel i pack food. I'm not giving these twits a penny of my money for how they've behaved during the Scamdemic.   Secondly I stopped trusting ff restaurants on the road a few years back.   You find yourself in a minority part of town and you don't know what is in that food and you're treated like you're an extraterrestrial anyway.  SO.  to manage my health and wellbeing...i don't stop at these places anymore.   The Captain and i do well with a cooler in the backseat or a packed frig in the RV.  

I do shop in town with a friend..Garden House Queen and we stop at hardees for lunch often for their hot dog which i think is better than Sam's Hot Dogs, No relation to Costco's hotdogs at their snack stand which are yuge, cheap and not as good.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:36 pm

El G wrote:Back in the 80's I spent summer vaycays with my dad in California. A Carl's jr. 'superstar' was manna from heaven. Same with their crinkle cut fries. The franchise came to BC a few years ago so of course, I  had to try it-

Unrecognizable.

""Unrecognizable""

Maybe you just forgot what it was like, the passage of time and old age can do that to a man, Ask Joe lol
vege57
vege57

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:51 pm

The Colonel's chicken pieces are about the worst things I've ever eaten. The rest of his stuff is ok but those chicken pieces are kinda slimy and gross.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Most of the 'hood Popeyes are like that.

Their black customers don't care.  Neither does top management.  I have no idea if it's now a black-run concern...IIRC, Popeye, the original creator, was from New Orleans but not black.

But that's how they are, in every metro area.  Good chicken, but slathered with racism and set in areas where white people risk their lives to drive through.
Popeyes is about the best fried chicken you can buy.
Raisin' Canes is in a 2-3 the with chick-fil-a  for quality and business model. Todd Graves has a million dollar "camp" about two miles down the road from me on the lake. That would be a 5 million dollar camp in some places like the PNWest or east coast.

Al Copeland started Popeyes but sold out long ago. Don't know who corporate is now. Don't fret. We've had 3 Popeyes startups in a small town of around 5000 over the years. Never a white employee and the employees rob them blind.  Every one goes bankrupt eventually.
There are never any lack of customers at any Popeyes.  You'll wait a long time at lunch. Pure profit.

I worked next door to number 2. I watched the employees loading cases  and cases of raw  chicken parts every day at the back doe into day momma caw, day baby momma caw, and relative's caws,  too.

You can't sustain any business model with employee theft. Customer theft can't compare.

Red Lily, Calypso Jones, Casey Jones and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:48 pm

Red Lily wrote:The Colonel's chicken pieces are about the worst things I've ever eaten.  The rest of his stuff is ok but those chicken pieces are kinda slimy and gross.
When I was a kid in Texas we liked Church's Fried Chicken......... don't know if it still exists or if it's even good. But I liked it then.
Jen
Jen

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:52 pm

Red Lily wrote:The Colonel's chicken pieces are about the worst things I've ever eaten.  The rest of his stuff is ok but those chicken pieces are kinda slimy and gross.

I like KFC, I have it once a week, It helps lubricate the colon

Last edited by vege57 on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:14 pm

Jen wrote:
When I was a kid in Texas we liked Church's Fried Chicken.........  don't know if it still exists or if it's even good. But I liked it then.
Church's was great back in the day. Large pieces of chicken( not anemic 2.5 lb fryers like Popeyes) at a great price. Plus they had large orders of stuff like fried livers and tender fried gizzards , too.
I think Popeyes bought church's way back, but you know how all that changes hands.
Church's struggled but still exists.

I haven't eaten at one since 1982 because I was afraid I'd go to jail. Lololol.

I was in college and very hungry after smoking some weed and i had like 5 dollars to my name . So i ordered a 3-piece chicken, at church's,  no sides. Like 4 dollas, sumpthing. No dining. Just the smallest place you ever saw with one pick-up window.

I got there and gave them my 5 dollar bill. The young lady handed me my bag.

Then another bag. Then another bag. Hey! I didn't steal nothing  @Knightkore ! It was God's will to feed the hungry! Back then , corporate surely weren't feeding hungry people of there own free will. It was God's will!

I got back to my apartment and had 4 pieces of chicken in one bag, an order of fries and onion rings in another bag, and 4 ears a
Of corn in the last bag!

Funny , I didn't get no drinks with that.

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

Red Lily and OneDumbBlonde like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next