Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion

5 posters

Go down

Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion Empty Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion

Post by Elizabeth Theus Mon May 16, 2022 7:41 pm

A federal grand jury has charged a milling company with fraud and conspiracy in connection with an explosion at a Wisconsin corn plant that killed five workers in 2017, the Justice Department announced Friday.

The grand jury returned an indictment earlier this week against Didion Milling Inc. and company leaders, court records indicate.

The indictment alleges that between March 2013 and February 2018, the company failed to keep up with cleanings at the Cambria plant as required by federal regulations and falsified records to make it look as if the cleanings were completed.

The indictment, which alleges that Didion’s safety violations caused the five employees’ deaths, goes on to say that dust filters in the plant weren’t properly ventilated.

The indictment seeks all of the profits Didion has made off of the alleged conspiracy.

continued:
https://www.westernjournal.com/ap-company-charged-deadly-2017-wisconsin-plant-explosion/?utm_source=Email&utm_medium=WJBreaking&utm_campaign=breaking&utm_content=western-journal&ats_es=57139bde57e070d7cce67b2f02003c45

Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion Empty Re: Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion

Post by jirqoadai Mon May 16, 2022 8:27 pm

remind me before i walk down between the rows to weed. any particular type of plant? white sweet? thats my favorite. you sure a corn plant can explode?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion Empty Re: Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion

Post by Elizabeth Theus Mon May 16, 2022 8:34 pm

jirqoadai wrote:remind me before i walk down between the rows to weed. any particular type of plant? white sweet? thats my favorite. you sure a corn plant can explode?

Seriously? Not the plant. The mills from the corn dust, which is combustible.
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Mon May 16, 2022 8:36 pm

Elizabeth Theus wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:remind me before i walk down between the rows to weed. any particular type of plant? white sweet? thats my favorite. you sure a corn plant can explode?

Seriously?  Not the plant.  The mills from the corn dust, which is combustible.
oh......thank God. i was begining to get afraid of breaking off an ear. whew. what a relief.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Elizabeth Theus Mon May 16, 2022 8:55 pm

jirqoadai wrote:
Elizabeth Theus wrote:

Seriously?  Not the plant.  The mills from the corn dust, which is combustible.
oh......thank God. i was begining to get afraid of breaking off an ear. whew. what a relief.
Company Charged with Fraud and Conspiracy in Connection to Deadly Corn Plant Explosion Puzzle_lightbulb_build_PA_md_nwm_v2
Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Tue May 17, 2022 5:58 am

We had a fertilizer plant explode in West, TX a few years ago.   I heard it from 55 miles away.  Considering how much fuel we get out of corn, I bet that explosion was huge.
Crusader
Crusader

Elizabeth Theus likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue May 17, 2022 9:14 am

Anything that produces dust can explode. Corn plant, rice mill, sugar mill.
Even coffee creamer dust. Used to play arou d with that.

Lummy and Elizabeth Theus like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:34 pm

7 more in 10 days.

https://www.westernjournal.com/complete-coincidence-least-7-large-farm-fires-occur-us-last-10-days/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down