Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad

4 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad - Page 2 Empty Re: Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:04 pm

This is my favorite salad right now.

spring mix
walnuts
cranberries
feta or goat cheese...i prefer feta  bet blue would be find though
chicken breast, sauteed and nice little golden color to it.
liittle onion, little cuke if you so choose.

poppy seed dressing is the best.

Balsamic is good on this...so is just vinegar and sweetnlow if you want a fat free sugar free dressing which i often do.

Trying house italian today.   Still good.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:53 pm

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/80526/chinese-cabbage-salad/

Neighbor gave me a fresh chinese cabbage.  Now i must admit...i've eaten it before but i'd never had any experience making anything with it....i like it.  A little sweeter than regular cabbage and supposedly loaded with good stuff.

2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
½ teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup olive oil
4 cups shredded cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed

DirectionsInstructions Checklist
Step 1
In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat until golden brown and fragrant.

Step 2
In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and ramen seasoning packet.

Step 3
In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, carrots, and crushed ramen noodles. Toss with dressing to coat evenly. Top with toasted sesame seeds.

I Made It
Print
Nutrition Facts
Per Serving: 176 calories; protein 1.7g; carbohydrates 11.6g; fat 14.4g; sodium 268.6mg. Full Nutrition

it's good, interesting, new to me and reminiscent of another ramen noodle salad i've made.   I will expand my repertoire on chinese Cab Bage.  though.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:20 pm

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I love feta too but never thought of freezing it although I do freeze other cheese, especially parmesan.  

I hate to waste it, nothing worse than having yur heart set on some feta, pull it outta the fridge and its past its best, I dont defrost it just shave it off the frozen block with a good sharp knife and throw it into the salad . It may not be as aesthetically pleasing and nice little squares, but they remind me to much of tofu  

I have to laugh every time i hear tofu.

In the Creole language, which is very similar to Cajun French,  To(pronounced toe) means you.

In french , you, would be toi, or tu, vous.

Fou" is the same in both lanquages. It means crazy. Lol

So "to(toe) fou" is a common saying in these parts. Usually posited as a question.

To fou neg?! (Term of endearment)

You crazy, podnuh?!

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:26 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:24 pm

If you eat tofu, you might go crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 06, 2022 2:52 pm

Cap'n don't like ma salad. Time for a trip to the garage.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:22 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/80526/chinese-cabbage-salad/

Neighbor gave me a fresh chinese cabbage.  Now i must admit...i've eaten it before but i'd never had any experience making anything with it....i like it.  A little sweeter than regular cabbage and supposedly loaded with good stuff.

2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 ½ tablespoons rice vinegar
½ teaspoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons white sugar
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon black pepper
⅓ cup olive oil
4 cups shredded cabbage
2 carrots, shredded
1 (3 ounce) package ramen noodles, crushed

DirectionsInstructions Checklist
Step 1
In a small skillet, toast sesame seeds over medium heat until golden brown and fragrant.

Step 2
In a small bowl, mix together vinegar, sesame oil, olive oil, sugar, salt, pepper, and ramen seasoning packet.

Step 3
In a large bowl, mix together cabbage, carrots, and crushed ramen noodles. Toss with dressing to coat evenly. Top with toasted sesame seeds.

I Made It
Print
Nutrition Facts
Per Serving: 176 calories; protein 1.7g; carbohydrates 11.6g; fat 14.4g; sodium 268.6mg. Full Nutrition

it's good, interesting, new to me and reminiscent of another ramen noodle salad i've made.   I will expand my repertoire on chinese Cab Bage.  though.
I love Chinese cabbage. It's more like lettuce.

I planted some about 40 years ago when i lived in the heart of coonass land. Lol.
They were awesome. Fall/winter crop here. Did well too!

I like kolrabi too! It's like a turnip but much sweeter.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kohlrabi

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jul 06, 2022 3:29 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Cap'n don't like ma salad.    Time for a trip to the garage.  

Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad - Page 2 3187452777

You're so fortunate I'm the only person who remembers the story. Lol
I have to admit, it was a delectably evil and devious act!

Almost misandry!

And.... this is why you will be in bible study for life! Razz

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Wed Jul 06, 2022 6:19 pm

I love Chinese cabbage too. I usually use it for coleslaw because you can chop it finely and evenly and I like my slaw fine and not lumpy.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:33 pm

ME TOO @Red Lilly. Finely cut...and the same for my salad vegs...not yuge, and not teensy..but small. So you can get it in your mouth. Chefs who make salads with LARGE pieces of veggies in them have a cruel streak. LOL

Speaking of finely cut. I have a friend for years.... who always made her soup veggies and salad veggies cut large. That was the way she liked them but she had a bit of a short cut type personality and cutting into smaller pieces was too time consuming.

Well. 2 years ago...she was attacked by a dog...american bulldog...and he nearly detached her hands from her arms...i mean they were hanging...and he tore up her arms. She said it hurt but after a time, it didn't hurt anymore. She escaped him by backing into the bathroom and throwing herself in the shower..and she got herself into a corner as close to and under the shower head..because the dog...Petey hated to get a bath. She said, he looked at her, didn't attack...just stared at her and then turned and walked out of the bathroom. She kicked the door shut and called her husband. He had gone to the grocery store. She doesn't know how she called him...she was praying and just slamming her hands over the phone and things were flying off her...like blood, bone, skin and stuff she didn't know what it was. She got him on the phone and said, 'I need an ambulance and come home now.' He dropped everything and he drove like a madman home. Petey met him at the door, all happy he was back and petey was totally unaware of the havoc he had just created.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 06, 2022 10:37 pm

She had to walk down 2 flights of stairs with her husband and then drive themselves to the rescue squad because they couldn't get their phones to work.   Her husband helped her down 2 flights of stairs...she doesn't know how she even managed.    Down her hill and across her street was the rescue squad building.  But no one was there.  She was praying still.   Her husband...i'll call him butch,, looked up and there was a button...he pushed it.  Here they came.  They were stunned at her condition.  She needed pegasus to UVA.     But Pegasus was not working that day. The pilot was off for the day.   Another girl, saw her and said, I'll do it.  All my friend....i'll call her Flo, heard before she passed out was the wump wump wump of the helicopter blades.   She told me that her life passed before her and things got dim and she was shocked as she thought...'I'm Gonna DIE'.    Not fear...but shock.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Wed Jul 06, 2022 11:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next