Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cookware commercials

+5
Leon Xiv
2cent
Red Lily
Sprintcyclist
Daily Bread
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Cookware commercials  Empty Cookware commercials

Post by Daily Bread Sat Aug 21, 2021 11:48 pm

Gothem Steel copper frying pans , Aussie guy telling me its indestructible and makes great "Flaming Willies" .
#1 - I can't take some guy with a fake Aussie accent telling me and my Bronx accent that shit doesn't stick to pans that don't scratch - I know better .
#2 - how come they don't get Aussie girls to do these commercial - I love their accent and they're all cute .
#3 What the hell is a "Flaming Willie " that he cooked ? Sounds like someone has herpes .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Red Lily, Carolina73 and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Cookware commercials  Empty Re: Cookware commercials

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:00 am

What sickening awful stuff he cooks. Is it stuff for a 7 years olds birthday party?

Surely, come on, Americans do not eat this 'sugar on sugar with sugar on top' stuff?

Sprintcyclist

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:17 am

Daily Bread wrote:Gothem Steel copper frying pans , Aussie guy telling me its indestructible and makes great "Flaming Willies" .
#1 - I can't take some guy with a fake Aussie accent telling me and my Bronx accent that shit doesn't stick to pans that don't scratch - I know better .
#2 - how come they don't get Aussie girls to do these commercial - I love their accent and they're all cute .
#3 What the hell is a "Flaming Willie " that he cooked ? Sounds like someone has herpes .

I think he's actually a Brit and I have no idea what a "flaming willie" is Lolol. I think he's saying "flambe willy" but still have no clue what that is.

No pan is indestructible and I have to toss the main one I use out every couple of years. No matter how well I care for it.

I like the Parmesan baskets though.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Daily Bread and Carolina73 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:33 am

I was foolish enough to buy two of those.  Used one.  The eggs - although I used butter to fry - stuck like glue.  They went back to the store.

Definitely a "Two Thumbs Down" product.

I didn't go far enough in to hear about any 'flaming willie'.  Sounds like something mean kids do to dweebs' underwear in the locker room.
2cent
2cent

Daily Bread and Carolina73 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sun Aug 22, 2021 1:03 am

2cent wrote:I was foolish enough to buy two of those.  Used one.  The eggs - although I used butter to fry - stuck like glue.  They went back to the store.

Definitely a "Two Thumbs Down" product.

I didn't go far enough in to hear about any 'flaming willie'.  Sounds like something mean kids do to dweebs' underwear in the locker room.

thanks for the review

I use stainless steel pans. Yes, they stick and burn on.
Using very fine polishing.r emery paper or any stainless steel cleaner they can be cleaned.
My wife has nonstick pan she uses that has been good so far. I have never had 'longevity' with nonstick pans, so I don't use hers.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Leon Xiv Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:18 am

Sounds like a Brit who is a longterm US resident.

Leon Xiv

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnqUEbnfbt61iecCRL6mHOw

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sun Aug 22, 2021 10:31 am

The wifey showed up with the 12 inch pan 2 weeks ago and I took it out of the bag and than took out a sledge hammer and gave it a few wacks- it cracked , than I took it out on the street and had a few trucks run over it- it flattened out and the handle shattered . After that I melted hard candy in their wrappers in it and it went up in flames ! I showed it to the wife and told her that the pan was garbage and to bring it back to Wal-Mart and get our money back .
The wife , having a cup of tea and looking at me like I was some kind of lunatic said, " that's nice - but that's a pan for our 8 yr old grand daughters Easy Bake Oven and it was plastic , now go to Wal-Mart and see if they have another one .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Red Lily, Abby08, Carolina73, 2cent and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Aug 22, 2021 8:10 pm

Now she has something nice and compact to hit you with. Laughing
Red Lily
Red Lily

Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby08 Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:24 am

I like my Calphalon pans, they're heavy as hell but, I've had them for years and, they've held up well, just don't use metal utensils on them or, put them in the dishwasher.
Abby08
Abby08

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby08 Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:26 am

Those Gotham Steel pans are crap, apparently, they had some at Costco and I considered buying the 2 pan set, so I went to the Costco website and checked out the reviews, they weren't good.
Abby08
Abby08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next