Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paris Olympics...this ought to be good

+7
jirqoadai
Crusader
JMWinPR
RV
Keith
vege57
Calypso Jones
11 posters

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Paris Olympics...this ought to be good - Page 9 Empty Re: Paris Olympics...this ought to be good

Post by JMWinPR Wed Jul 31, 2024 6:29 am

Red Lily wrote:I honestly don't give a shyt about a few morons in the opening ceremony or who says what about it.

These athletes have worked intensely and tirelessly for years to compete and they should be appreciated and applauded.

Your own Simone Biles has been astounding.
While I generally agree with most of your posts, this isn't one of them. Many people work very hard at their jobs. The rescue team that drilled through solid rock to rescue those miners in S.A. years ago. Same with the team that rescued those children. Police and Firefighers who go beyond the call of physical ability to save others. As well as soldiers and sailors. Jumping around in a skimpy bathing suit or running around a track in ones underwear ain't two of 'em.

JMWinPR

Calypso Jones and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Paris Olympics...this ought to be good - Page 9 Empty Re: Paris Olympics...this ought to be good

Post by hurricanehook Wed Jul 31, 2024 7:25 am

I don't have any time to watch the Olympics. I'm too busy reading posts from people complaining about the Olympics. Maybe I'll have time to watch the 2026 Winter Olympics in Italy.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

Red Lily, Calypso Jones and JMWinPR like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:03 am

I thought there was supposed to be one in Los Angeles.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Wed Jul 31, 2024 8:19 am

Calypso Jones wrote:I thought there was supposed to be one in Los Angeles.  
The next Summer Games, in 2028, will take place in Los Angeles from July 14-30.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:16 am

hurricanehook wrote:I don't have any time to watch the Olympics. I'm too busy reading posts from people complaining about the Olympics. Maybe I'll have time to watch the 2026 Winter Olympics in Italy.
youre going to italy? how wonderful.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Paris Olympics...this ought to be good - Page 9 Empty out of sight, out of mind mentality

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 31, 2024 10:47 am

JMWinPR wrote:
Red Lily wrote:I honestly don't give a shyt about a few morons in the opening ceremony or who says what about it.

These athletes have worked intensely and tirelessly for years to compete and they should be appreciated and applauded.

Your own Simone Biles has been astounding.
While I generally agree with most of your posts, this isn't one of them. Many people work very hard at their jobs. The rescue team that drilled through solid rock to rescue those miners in S.A. years ago. Same with the team that rescued those children. Police and Firefighers who go beyond the call of physical ability to save others. As well as soldiers and sailors. Jumping around in a skimpy bathing suit or running around a track in ones underwear ain't two of 'em.
not really wanting to pile on, but when in spain.......lets go the War Dead. if everyone had Reds mentality, no one would care about all the dead sailors that the japs killed, nor the graves of those dead that the indonesians and chinks have shopped up for scrap metal.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by hurricanehook Wed Jul 31, 2024 11:37 am

jirqoadai wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:I don't have any time to watch the Olympics. I'm too busy reading posts from people complaining about the Olympics. Maybe I'll have time to watch the 2026 Winter Olympics in Italy.
You never know. So much happening now can change the world dynamics in two years.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

jirqoadai likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Keith Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:15 pm

hurricanehook wrote:

And I wonder how they're gonna pull that one off, what with all the homeless people and illegals milling about.

The last time L.A. hosted the Olympics was in 1984, when the city (and America as a whole) was completely different. More clean and more white. The city's politics may still have been flaky, but I don't think they were trying to micromanage everyone's lives back then. There were still opportunities to be found. Not anymore.
Keith
Keith

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:20 pm

hurricanehook wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:
You never know. So much happening now can change the world dynamics in two years.
IF you do, may i suggest following the attack route of the 442nd Japanese Combat Regiment up the center of it. you can see the villages where the germans tried to use the villages as fortifications, and where no fighting took place at all. huge difference.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Calypso Jones and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Wed Jul 31, 2024 12:24 pm

Keith wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:

And I wonder how they're gonna pull that one off, what with all the homeless people and illegals milling about.

The last time L.A. hosted the Olympics was in 1984, when the city (and America as a whole) was completely different. More clean and more white. The city's politics may still have been flaky, but I don't think they were trying to micromanage everyone's lives back then. There were still opportunities to be found. Not anymore.
well Gulliver, it goes like this. you can predict doom, experience doom, or try to expose it so it dont happen at your house. pick one. besides saying " were doomed, well never make it "
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Calypso Jones and hurricanehook like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 16 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 12 ... 16  Next