Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Why has the southern border failed

+7
Casey Jones
hurricanehook
jirqoadai
Crusader
RV
Keith
Sprintcyclist
11 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Why has the southern border failed - Page 5 Empty Re: Why has the southern border failed

Post by vege57 Tue Apr 02, 2024 3:57 pm

The US economy performs better under Democratic presidents. Why?

https://cepr.org/voxeu/columns/us-economy-performs-better-under-democratic-presidents-why
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Why has the southern border failed - Page 5 Empty Re: Why has the southern border failed

Post by hurricanehook Tue Apr 02, 2024 5:47 pm

vege57 wrote:The US economy performs better under Democratic presidents. Why?

https://cepr.org/voxeu/columns/us-economy-performs-better-under-democratic-presidents-why
Hey veg. Why don't you simply ask Americans both Democrats and Republicans if they are financially better today than they were three years ago.
hurricanehook
hurricanehook

Location : U.S.A. the greatest country ever, in the history of the world

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:05 pm

vege57 wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:
vege57 wrote:
hurricanehook wrote:
vege57 wrote:Since World War II, the United States economy has performed better significantly on average under the administration of Democratic presidents than Republican presidents. The reasons for this are debated, and the observation applies to economic variables including job creation, GDP growth, stock market returns, personal income growth and corporate profits. The unemployment rate has risen on average under Republican presidents, while it has fallen on average under Democratic presidents. Budget deficits relative to the size of the economy were lower on average for Democratic presidents, Ten of the eleven U.S. recessions between 1953 and 2020 began under Republican presidents.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/U.S._economic_performance_by_presidential_party

Are these the types of fact you are looking for Casey ?
wikipedia? Hardy har har!

Everyone here uses it when it suits their argument, rather than poo poo it , find something that contradicts it
When any Joe Shmoe can post "their" facts as a source, not for me.

No different to the conspiracy sites that peeps here use, just some Joe shmoe spreading their opinions, Maybe we need a register of legit sites to draw from lol

That's the truth of it.
Red Lily
Red Lily

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Apr 02, 2024 8:21 pm

hurricanehook wrote:
vege57 wrote:The US economy performs better under Democratic presidents. Why?

Hey veg. Why don't you simply ask Americans both Democrats and Republicans if they are financially better today than they were three years ago.

I would imagine there are plenty that are on both sides
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Apr 02, 2024 9:36 pm

I don't know anyone who is better off under Biden. Not one person. The left is fiscally retarded and always have been but they are good at skewing numbers to make it look like they are doing well.

They are doing that in Oz but luckily Ozzies are not believing a bar of it. Even hard core leftists are swearing they will never vote left again. That remains to be seen though.
Red Lily
Red Lily

hurricanehook likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:03 pm

I don't have written stats but history also shows that the reason why it appears that the economy grows during Democrat regimes is because they print quite a large amount of money and use it to waste on special groups and none of it produces long term results - a republican has to come along to tighten up the money supply one wise of the damage done to the treasury . The democrats are also favorites of Wall St and investors because of the wars they like to get involved in and those wars generate huge military munition expenses along with employment . So there is truth in Vegs claim but the Republicans do excel in providing a safe country for citizens to live in by focusing on the rule of law and enforcing those rules . The voter goes to the Republicans when things have gone too far and sanity has to be brought back and straightened out .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:14 pm

Daily Bread wrote:I don't have written stats but history also shows that the reason why it appears that the economy grows during Democrat regimes is because they print quite a large amount of money and use it to waste on special groups and none of it produces long term results - a republican has to come along to tighten up the money supply one wise of the damage done to the treasury . The democrats are also favorites of Wall St and investors because of the wars they like to get involved in and those wars generate huge military munition expenses along with employment . So there is truth in Vegs claim but the Republicans do excel in providing a safe country for citizens to live in by focusing on the rule of law and enforcing those rules . The voter goes to the Republicans when things have gone too far and sanity has to be brought back and straightened out .

Pretty much the same here.  The right may leave a surplus and when they go and the left get in that surplus is gone and we are left with a huge deficit.

Then the right get back in and spend years cleaning up the mess to get back on track reducing the debt usually by privatization (which I am against) which is their only quick option.

Then in comes the left again    ...

Around and around it goes ad infinitum.

Utility bills have trebled but will they go back to what they were when the right was in charge last go round?  I won't hold my breath on that one!

Moral of the story?  NEVER let the left be in charge of your money!
Red Lily
Red Lily

Daily Bread, hurricanehook and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Apr 02, 2024 10:31 pm

vege57 wrote:

""Wikipukia has zero correlation to fact. ""

Again you present your opinion as fact

I guess there's some failure to perceive what "fact" is.

Which means it's impossible to discuss anything of substance.

Someone else can rehash the difference between FACT - what IS - and OPINION - what SHOULD be, or what is desirable, good, not good, or what WILL be, based on conjuncture or expectation.

What is UNTRUE, or what is confabulation based on twisted facts.

Go at it. I won't waste time. I won't argue facts and I sure as hell won't argue what a fact IS.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Quark likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:14 am

Daily Bread wrote:I don't have written stats but history also shows that the reason why it appears that the economy grows during Democrat regimes is because they print quite a large amount of money and use it to waste on special groups and none of it produces long term results - a republican has to come along to tighten up the money supply one wise of the damage done to the treasury . The democrats are also favorites of Wall St and investors because of the wars they like to get involved in and those wars generate huge military munition expenses along with employment . So there is truth in Vegs claim but the Republicans do excel in providing a safe country for citizens to live in by focusing on the rule of law and enforcing those rules . The voter goes to the Republicans when things have gone too far and sanity has to be brought back and straightened out .

""don't have written stats but history also shows that the reason why it appears that the economy grows during Democrat regimes""

Good on you Bread, I have no skin in this game, came upon this by chance , What you say is very much the same thing we say in NZ, l
Labour spends, National saves , just to keep it simple
vege57
vege57

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:18 am

Casey Jones wrote:
vege57 wrote:

""Wikipukia has zero correlation to fact. ""

Again you present your opinion as fact

I guess there's some failure to perceive what "fact" is.

Which means it's impossible to discuss anything of substance.

Someone else can rehash the difference between FACT - what IS - and OPINION - what SHOULD be, or what is desirable, good, not good, or what WILL be, based on conjuncture or expectation.

What is UNTRUE, or what is confabulation based on twisted facts.

Go at it.  I won't waste time.  I won't argue facts and I sure as hell won't argue what a fact IS.

gain you present your opinion as fact [/quote]

""""I guess there's some failure to perceive what "fact" is.

Which means it's impossible to discuss anything of substance."""

you have offered nothing of substance , I have posted links to several sites to support my argument ?

vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next