Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belief in the devil gives him power over you

+3
Calypso Jones
Quark
Cotton
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Belief in the devil gives him power over you - Page 2 Empty Re: Belief in the devil gives him power over you

Post by 2cent Sat Mar 09, 2024 12:38 am

Got an very interesting book that might interest you, @Cotton.

The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis. (Author of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe series). Heard of it quite a while back, but just now picked it up from the library. Lewis has been claimed to be brilliant. I'm believing it. I'm no literary scholar, but it is one of the most fascinating books I've ever read. (Hint: Lots of introspection.)
2cent
2cent

Cotton, Calypso Jones, QuaseMarco and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Belief in the devil gives him power over you - Page 2 Empty Re: Belief in the devil gives him power over you

Post by Cotton Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:20 am

2cent wrote:Got an very interesting book that might interest you,  @Cotton.

The Screwtape Letters, by C.S. Lewis.  (Author of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe series).  Heard of it quite a while back, but just now picked it up from the library.  Lewis has been claimed to be brilliant.  I'm believing it.  I'm no literary scholar, but it is one of the most fascinating books I've ever read.  (Hint:  Lots of introspection.)

Thank you
Cotton
Cotton

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 09, 2024 8:49 am

There's a film...Nefarious. Sean Patrick Flannery There are other films entitled nefarious so don't get fooled. This reminds me of the screwtape letters in a way.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Mar 09, 2024 5:20 pm

The "Screwtape Letters" were a required read for one of my college courses. I believe I still have the book.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

2cent and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:46 am

Calypso Jones wrote:There's a film...Nefarious. Sean Patrick Flannery    There are other films entitled nefarious so don't get fooled.  This reminds me of the screwtape letters in a way.
Sounds familiar. In that I recall wanting to check it out. Thanks for the reminder.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter106 Tue Mar 12, 2024 12:52 am

Quark wrote:Well I don't believe in "God" or the "devil" so I'm good to go.

Now the Ferengi Commerce Authority and the Divine Treasury is a different matter. Very Happy
Q....Wouldn't you agree that there is a lot of evil in the world today. More so and it's at a prolific rate within our societies. Evil was present 50 years ago but was it at a stage that its at today? Who or what is behind this evil...the instigator.
drifter106
drifter106

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Mar 12, 2024 8:44 am

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:

Now the Ferengi Commerce Authority and the Divine Treasury is a different matter. Very Happy

You will, you will...

Playing the fear card again ?

Can't  you do better  than that ?

Fear card? Obviously we look at scripture COMPLETELY differently. I'm quite thankful that I don't see things negatively like you do!
Listen Meathead you replied to Quark that " you will you will " (believe ),,when you meet God. Is he supposed to tremble in fear  from God putting the boogeyman mam on him for not believing?

Anyway. How would you know what God will do or what God thinks?

.a

Despite your accusations/assumptions, I am not afraid to meet God/Jesus. I was merely answering that if he/she does not believe now, they will. If that comment bothers you then it must be a "trigger" for you. No one who loves the Lord is "afraid" to meet Him.

And for the record, I don't know what God thinks BUT, I know what He says in His word. I also KNOW that God does not go back on His word so, I'll take your comment as from one who doesn't know, love nor follow God nor His word.

Tell me o wise one, how can one be "afraid" of someone that they claim doesn't exist?

Last edited by RV on Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
RV
RV

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Quark Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:01 am

drifter106 wrote:

Q....Wouldn't you agree that there is a lot of evil in the world today.  More so and it's at a prolific rate within our societies.  Evil was present 50 years ago but was it at a stage that its at today?  Who or what is behind this evil...the instigator.
Humans are animals and evil by nature. Hence, why we try to have moral/ethic codes based on some sort of Deity. Evil is nothing more than humans doing what humans do.
Quark
Quark

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Mar 12, 2024 1:41 pm

Quark wrote:
drifter106 wrote:

Q....Wouldn't you agree that there is a lot of evil in the world today.  More so and it's at a prolific rate within our societies.  Evil was present 50 years ago but was it at a stage that its at today?  Who or what is behind this evil...the instigator.
Humans are animals and evil by nature. Hence, why we try to have moral/ethic codes based on some sort of Deity. Evil is nothing more than humans doing what humans do.

Right, spoken like a true secular humanist. I am VERY thankful that I am a Christian!
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Thu Apr 11, 2024 9:57 am

RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:

You will, you will...

Playing the fear card again ?

Can't  you do better  than that ?

Fear card? Obviously we look at scripture COMPLETELY differently. I'm quite thankful that I don't see things negatively like you do!
Listen Meathead you replied to Quark that " you will you will " (believe ),,when you meet God. Is he supposed to tremble in fear  from God putting the boogeyman mam on him for not believing?

Anyway. How would you know what God will do or what God thinks?

.a

Despite your accusations/assumptions, I am not afraid to meet God/Jesus. I was merely answering that if he/she does not believe now, they will. If that comment bothers you then it must be a "trigger" for you. No one who loves the Lord is "afraid" to meet Him.

And for the record, I don't know what God thinks BUT, I know what He says in His word. I also KNOW that God does not go back on His word so, I'll take your comment as from one who doesn't know, love nor follow God nor His word.

Tell me o wise one, how can one be "afraid" of someone that they claim doesn't exist?

Good morning Meathead. I'm not " afraid " to meet Jesus or of Jesus. I mentioned fear based to give you an excuse to continue ie beg God repeatedly not to toss you in hell.
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next