Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Belief in the devil gives him power over you

+3
Calypso Jones
Quark
Cotton
7 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Belief in the devil gives him power over you Empty Belief in the devil gives him power over you

Post by Cotton Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:35 pm

Love to all of you but I think belief in the devil shows weakness and gives him power over you.

Is it really requirement to believe in the bad guy to justify Gods existence?
Cotton
Cotton

drifter106 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Belief in the devil gives him power over you Empty Re: Belief in the devil gives him power over you

Post by Quark Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:24 pm

Well I don't believe in "God" or the "devil" so I'm good to go.

Now the Ferengi Commerce Authority and the Divine Treasury is a different matter. Very Happy
Quark
Quark

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Belief in the devil gives him power over you Empty Re: Belief in the devil gives him power over you

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 07, 2024 10:58 pm

Jesus knows the devil exists and he was victorious over him so we can be too. And it doesn't come from ignoring him. Conversely, demons are well aware of Jesus Christ, fear him and know who he is.

1 Peter 5:8 ESV
Be sober-minded; be watchful. Your adversary the devil prowls around like a roaring lion, seeking someone to devour.

James 4:7 ESV
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

2 Corinthians 11:14 ESV
And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

1 John 3:4-10 ESV / 317 helpful votes
Everyone who makes a practice of sinning also practices lawlessness; sin is lawlessness. You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin. No one who abides in him keeps on sinning; no one who keeps on sinning has either seen him or known him. Little children, let no one deceive you. Whoever practices righteousness is righteous, as he is righteous. Whoever makes a practice of sinning is of the devil, for the devil has been sinning from the beginning. The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the works of the devil. ...

John 8:44 ESV
You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies.

Revelation 12:12 ESV
Therefore, rejoice, O heavens and you who dwell in them! But woe to you, O earth and sea, for the devil has come down to you in great wrath, because he knows that his time is short!”

1 John 5:18-19 ESV
We know that everyone who has been born of God does not keep on sinning, but he who was born of God protects him, and the evil one does not touch him. We know that we are from God, and the whole world lies in the power of the evil one.

Ephesians 6:11-12 ESV
Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.

2 Corinthians 4:4 ESV
In their case the god of this world has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, to keep them from seeing the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

John 10:10 ESV
The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.

1 Corinthians 10:13 ESV / 155 helpful votes
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Leon Xiv and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Fri Mar 08, 2024 3:50 am

Quark wrote:Well I don't believe in "God" or the "devil" so I'm good to go.

Now the Ferengi Commerce Authority and the Divine Treasury is a different matter. Very Happy

Congrats Quark. You hedged the God bet perfectly!
Cotton
Cotton

HawkTheSlayer and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:19 am

You will, you will...
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Fri Mar 08, 2024 4:52 pm

RV wrote:

You will, you will...

Playing the fear card again ?

Can't you do better than that ?
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Mar 08, 2024 6:15 pm

it's not a fear card if it doesn't scare you.

Everyone gets to choose for themselves.

but considering the amount of prophecy that has been fulfilled in the bible...it might be something to consider.....or not.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

JMWinPR, RV, Leon Xiv and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:37 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:it's not a fear card if it doesn't scare you.  

Everyone gets to choose for themselves.

but considering the amount of prophecy that has been fulfilled in the bible...it might be something to consider.....or not.
It doesn't scare me. Why should I be scared to meet Jesus ?
A lot of assumptions on this  thread. How would any of us KNOW what God thinks of the devil. (If he exists ).

Im not into fear based alter calls. I'd rather seek Christ for positive  reasons
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Fri Mar 08, 2024 7:52 pm

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:

You will, you will...

Can't  you do better  than that ?

Fear card? Obviously we look at scripture COMPLETELY differently. I'm quite thankful that I don't see things negatively like you do!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

RV and drifter106 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Fri Mar 08, 2024 8:11 pm

RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:

You will, you will...

Can't  you do better  than that ?

Fear card? Obviously we look at scripture COMPLETELY differently. I'm quite thankful that I don't see things negatively like you do!
Listen Meathead you replied to Quark that " you will you will " (believe ),,when you meet God. Is he supposed to tremble in fear from God putting the boogeyman mam on him for not believing?

Anyway. How would you know what God will do or what God thinks?

.a
Cotton
Cotton

2cent, drifter106 and Quark like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next