Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

God Wins, Haters Lose

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

God Wins, Haters Lose - Page 2 Empty Re: God Wins, Haters Lose

Post by RV Sat Mar 02, 2024 10:12 am

Cotton wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
Cotton wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
Cotton wrote:

Interesting.  How did Pharoahs son die

God's destroying angel went through all Egypt and killed the first born among whom was pharoah's son.

Were they guilty of atrocities? Why did that happen. ? Lemme guess...God's wrath ?

The eqyptian pharoah and by extension the people held the israelites in hard slavery...even killing their newborns.  This went on for 400 years. God gave pharoah 9 warnings and then the final warning  and pharoah continued to have a hard heart...relenting then taking it back.  God gave Egypt hundreds of years to repent.    AT some point, it's the last straw. It is written it God's word that he loves Egypt.  i don't know why.  

The LORD Almighty will bless them, saying, “Blessed be Egypt my people, Assyria my handiwork, and Israel my inheritance.” Isaiah 19:25
( Established in 2000 BCE by King Shamshi-Adad I, the Assyrian empire covered parts of modern-day Iraq, Syria, Israel, Jordan, Lebanon and Turkey until it was conquered by Babylonian forces in 612 BCE)

just a little backstory....The Israelites came to live in Egypt under the pharoah that honored Joseph and gave Joseph a very important position in the kings 'administration'.  Joseph was second to pharoah.  Joseph's family was welcomed into Egypt to escape the famine.... They lived there for years in peace and comfort and properity.  Jacob died and was embalmed and so was Joseph...and then as it always happens, new kings came along and they became leary of the isralites whose numbers were growing so they made them slaves to work at making bricks and building Pharoah's kingdom.
I?

Thank you for explaining that. . Good post

You could take someone's word for it OR you could read it for yourself.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Sun Mar 03, 2024 1:11 am

RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:The kings of the earth scheme. God Laughs.

psalm 37:13

https://rumble.com/v4epw9u-the-ingraham-angle-trump-town-hall-22024-breaking-news-february-20-2024.html?start=52

Have you not read the account in the Bible?

No. It seems very negative. I do wonder why God's enforcer angel took down the sons instead of the actual perps.
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sun Mar 03, 2024 8:53 am

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:

https://rumble.com/v4epw9u-the-ingraham-angle-trump-town-hall-22024-breaking-news-february-20-2024.html?start=52

No. It seems very negative. I do wonder  why God's enforcer angel took down the sons instead  of the actual perps.

"Negative"? The Bible? Not even close! You must have missed the parts where God loved mankind enough to send His one and only Son to die on the cross for us. You must have missed the parts where God repeatedly says that He LOVES us. You must have missed the parts where over and over again people defied Him and His commandments, claimed that He didn't exist, worshipped false gods made out of all sorts of manmade materials and basically rejected Him and His Son. I guess you also missed the parts where He fed the hungry, healed the sick and raised the dead back to life. What is "negative" is when I hear people ignore Him, ignore His commandments, ignore His church, ignore His word and deny Him.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:14 am

Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:

No. It seems very negative. I do wonder  why God's enforcer angel took down the sons instead  of the actual perps.

Says....the first born of everything. Great importance was put on the position of first born.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:20 am

Just a note here of interest...you know how God haters like to say God has no problem with slavery...well of course he does have a problem with it...that is why he sent Moses to take the isaelites out of Egypt to their Promised land. Israelites lived for 400 years under very oppressive slavery. The pharoah of Egypt during the time of the famine welcomed the israelites into egypt out of respect for Joseph.  The israelites lived there AS FOREIGNERS, they lacked the right of native egyptians...but the pharoah (joseph's pharoah)  gave the area of Goshen to those israelites.  The israelites remained separate from the egyptians because egyptian culture looked down on shepherds  and nomads.

see that too...the foreigners did not have the rights as native egyptians.

those with no knowledge of God's word and those who like to use it for their own purposes...DEMOCRATS!!! you are adding to and subtracting from God's word and there's a penalty for that.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:38 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:

Says....the first born of everything. Great importance was put on the position of first born.

Tough crowd. Thank God I'm a middle child
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:40 pm

RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:

"Negative"? The Bible? Not even close! You must have missed the parts where God loved mankind enough to send His one and only Son to die on the cross for us. You must have missed the parts where God repeatedly says that He LOVES us. You must have missed the parts where over and over again people defied Him and His commandments, claimed that He didn't exist, worshipped false gods made out of all sorts of manmade materials and basically rejected Him and His Son. I guess you also missed the parts where He fed the hungry, healed the sick and raised the dead back to life. What is "negative" is when I hear people ignore Him, ignore His commandments, ignore His church, ignore His word and deny Him.

Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Mar 03, 2024 2:16 pm

This authority thing. Back in 2020-2021 my friends and i had conversations on obedience to gov't over this obedience to authority thing. Some of my friends quoted the passage. Some of us reminded them that We do not obey a gov't when it goes against God. The Gov't acted like they owned us...they wanted to force us to obedience. Shiphrah and Puah (Hebrew Midwives) disobeyed Pharoah when he ordered them to kill male bables and let the girls live which was stupid on pharoah's part as was Stupid china's policy of one child, forced abortions and killing the girl babies. There are other instances where people disobeyed an out of control, wicked gov't. Esther/Mordecai, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, the disciples when ordered not to preach, did it anyway.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Cotton Sun Mar 03, 2024 3:36 pm

RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:
RV wrote:
Cotton wrote:

"Negative"? The Bible? Not even close! You must have missed the parts where God loved mankind enough to send His one and only Son to die on the cross for us. You must have missed the parts where God repeatedly says that He LOVES us. You must have missed the parts where over and over again people defied Him and His commandments, claimed that He didn't exist, worshipped false gods made out of all sorts of manmade materials and basically rejected Him and His Son. I guess you also missed the parts where He fed the hungry, healed the sick and raised the dead back to life. What is "negative" is when I hear people ignore Him, ignore His commandments, ignore HIis church, ignore His word and deny Him.

Your post supports many  of my questions and opinions regarding religion

From the top.
#1, you said " negative, the Bible "?
Yes it is. The underlying message that religion was built on Is a heaven _hell punishment/:reward scenario

#2, you said "God loved us so much he sent his only son to die for our sins"

I say  " how is that love and why did his son have to be crucified to pardon the sins of men ? Since  He is God he  could've pardoned sins by any method orc simply sayb" forgiven"

#3,; you said "for beaking his commandments. "

I say so God did define , clarify and create  sin. Not man.

Had sin not been created the commandments would have been meaningless.
Fear sells

#4: you say "raised the dead ". Prove it. Back then it was not uncommon for a coma to be mistaken for death. Or..the raised the dead " could've simply been a story told by man to diefy and gain followers . Men wrote the  Bible and whoever put the story in  there himself  true or not.

#5. You said " what Is negative is when you hear people who disobey his commandments , ignore His word and tge church"

I call it " freedom to believe  as one chooses " . Why is that negetive? You choose to practice your own beliefs.

Does everyone have to agree with you and your indoctrination or its wrong or a "negative ?

You have the reasoning and logic of a child.
Cotton
Cotton

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:43 pm

Hell is never mentioned in the OT.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content