Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong?

+2
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong? Empty WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong?

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:11 pm

https://vigilantnews.com/post/what-if-everything-theyve-been-telling-you-about-food-is-wrong/

THIS THING...is a killer.

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong? Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F2c46266d-eef9-4ca4-8e07-520bf4dfd14b_852x776

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong? Https%3A%2F%2Fsubstack-post-media.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fpublic%2Fimages%2F6a75041d-14ab-42bf-9411-dfb9578252a5_1185x653
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong? Empty Re: WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong?

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Feb 02, 2024 1:35 pm

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong? 3030529-inline-prjk5ql

your Correlation and Causation are flawed.
do you have a graph of total calories consumed and obesity?
Or less manual work and obesity?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong? Empty Re: WHAT if everything they've been telling you about food is wrong?

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Feb 03, 2024 12:41 am

from link in OP.

Its that what the ‘experts’ taught you about how to eat a proper diet wasn’t true. You were not getting accurate information.

You were steered towards unhealthy seed oil/sugar/carb-filled processed foods because authority figures you trusted gave you terrible advice.

You were given bad information by government and medical authority figures on 7 dietary subjects:

1. Cholesterol levels

2. Salt/mineral levels

3. Protein levels

4. Animal Fats

5. Fiber

6. Seed oils

7. Meal frequency

My research has led me to conclude that we need to go BACK to how our ancestors ate. A mostly meat diet where we do not eat large meals of highly processed fake foods several times a day with snacks in between.

We’re not designed to put food into our stomachs 3-6 times a day, constantly spiking our insulin levels and hormonal system, developing lifelong insulin resistance and metabolic syndrome-related chronic illnesses and diseases.

Especially not the kind of food we’re surrounded by in our popular culture, the highly over-processed stuff that didn’t exist 100 years ago that are now chock-full of toxic seed oils, sugars, and chemicals.

Sure, people back in the 1940s and 1950s were eating 3 squares a day, but look at **what** they were eating compared to what we are surrounded by now. Until around 120 years ago, most people lived on farms, and even if they didn’t, most of the food they ate came almost directly from a farm.

Have you heard stories about people who travel to Europe and visit places like France and Italy where they eat all the bread and pasta, drink all the wine they want, etc. and don’t get fat? Know why that is?

Because it’s ILLEGAL over there in many European countries to add in the toxic chemical crap they put into US processed food on this side of the pond. Look at the following links for just a HINT of how bad this issue is. Why are European governments taking better care of their people’s health than our supposedly superior US government?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Feb 03, 2024 1:26 am

Common sense should tell people only to eat highly processed food in strict moderation and eat when you're hungry instead of what time it is that you think you should eat.

It's as simple as that.
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Feb 03, 2024 9:08 pm

I wonder how many kids' eyeballs about popped out of their head, if they ever read that off the bread wrapper, while sitting at the breakfast table. All I remember is my mom inferring that it was good to hear her kid caught on pretty quick.

But speaking of processed food, it stunned me to read in, Undaunted Courage, (Louis & Clark expedition), the amount of food allotted for the grown men. Something like 8 POUNDS of meat PER DAY. Considering the rigger of their daily treks and how large I imagine most men were, I don't find that too out of the realm of possibility.

Of course the "3 squares a day" came along due to feasibility, more than proper diet, but the pyramid the nitwits looking for job security came up with ought to have been shot -- just for not minding to publicly admit that they were that stupid.

Sometimes ya gotta wonder if they weren't just yanking the public's chain, watching to see how many would fall for it. lol
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:14 pm

I don't know about that. I've had Type II Diabetes and earlier blood-sugar issues for some time. I didn't really know about it until 2014.

I did know I was having low-blood sugar problems. Long days on the railroad; and frankly, I dislike cold sandwiches. Always have. It was always easier for me to eat just before going to work, not eat on the job, and eat coming off. In the Conrail years, our typical work day was about 10 hours. So, that would be 12 hours between meals.

Should be fine.

I started making some stupid mistakes. Non critical - just like, accidentally grabbing the previous day's Bulletin Orders, that had all our track conditions and slow orders on it. The date was plainly marked on each page of it. I should have noticed.

Or, fumbling, when adding power to a train at mid-run (Erie, PA, site of the GE Rail locomotive plant; we'd add shipped power to our consist; that was how we moved them).

Stupid crap like forgetting a valve when MU'ing the added power. Or not checking Daily Inspection records.

Then...change of employ and I'm with Canadian National...I was on the extraboard. I got called for a secondary turn job, servicing a couple of sawmills. Lot of out-of-the-way track. I'd never worked many of those plants, but since we were running it all at Restricted Speed, 15 mph, that was okay.

What was not was, about noon, after having been working from 0400, I was completely disoriented. Forgot where I was, in terms of our rail system. Really...it was like being aware you're not aware.

Something clicked in my mind, though - this felt like I'd heard Hypoglycemia described. Low blood sugar. I fished in my bag for an Atkins bar (fake chocolate over real peanut butter, 180 calories) and ate it, quick, and in ten minutes I was fine.

I know I wasn't imagining it.

I think the idea of three meals a day is a sound one, based on experience. The question is, WHAT we eat. And how much.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Feb 03, 2024 11:15 pm

Because it’s ILLEGAL over there in many European countries to add in the toxic chemical crap they put into US processed food on this side of the pond. Look at the following links for just a HINT of how bad this issue is. Why are European governments taking better care of their people’s health than our supposedly superior US government?

I have to wonder if it still is.

They're further under the boot of the WEF than we are.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Feb 04, 2024 1:53 am

My post above came out as if I was bragging on myself. Didn't mean for that. All it was meant to purvey is that it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to immediately realize that that Food Pyramid was out to kill ya, and my mom was glad her kids were bright enough to see it.

***QUESTION: Why is breakfast "the most important meal of the day?"

Any of you mind answering that one?

2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Feb 04, 2024 3:44 pm

2cent wrote:My post above came out as if I was bragging on myself.  Didn't mean for that.  All it was meant to purvey is that it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to immediately realize that that Food Pyramid was out to kill ya, and my mom was glad her kids were bright enough to see it.  

***QUESTION:   Why is breakfast "the most important meal of the day?"

I'm not a nutritionist, but I can guess.

Because you've been, likely, over 14 hours without food. And sleep is not always restful - people go through a lot with vivid dreams; they thrash, they have elevated blood pressure. It's sleep, and it's needed, but it's not always restful.

It's energetic. Calorie-consuming, sometimes.

So, especially if you're older, you may wake up with low-blood sugar. Stressing the system, high glucose or low, is not good.

Now. What the old study (with many flaws), the Iowa Breakfast Studies, tried to show, was that children who ate a substantial breakfast did better in school classes. Now there could be other reasons - kids who ate well in the morning, likely had involved parents, and THAT leads to better school performance. Likewise, family funds. But there's probably a link.

I've always believed it. And I've always stayed away from the sugary junk-food morning meal - no cereal, no sweet rolls. Eggs and bacon. Occasionally, in the past, cold, leftover pizza (not so much now, but it's better than a cinnamon roll).

Just, what I've read, seen and believe.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Feb 04, 2024 5:26 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
2cent wrote:My post above came out as if I was bragging on myself.  Didn't mean for that.  All it was meant to purvey is that it doesn't take a rocket surgeon to immediately realize that that Food Pyramid was out to kill ya, and my mom was glad her kids were bright enough to see it.  

***QUESTION:   Why is breakfast "the most important meal of the day?"

I'm not a nutritionist, but I can guess.

Because you've been, likely, over 14 hours without food.  And sleep is not always restful - people go through a lot with vivid dreams; they thrash, they have elevated blood pressure.  It's sleep, and it's needed, but it's not always restful.

It's energetic.  Calorie-consuming, sometimes.

So, especially if you're older, you may wake up with low-blood sugar.  Stressing the system, high glucose or low, is not good.

Now.  What the old study (with many flaws), the Iowa Breakfast Studies, tried to show, was that children who ate a substantial breakfast did better in school classes.  Now there could be other reasons - kids who ate well in the morning, likely had involved parents, and THAT leads to better school performance.  Likewise, family funds.  But there's probably a link.

I've always believed it.  And I've always stayed away from the sugary junk-food morning meal - no cereal, no sweet rolls.  Eggs and bacon.  Occasionally, in the past, cold, leftover pizza (not so much now, but it's better than a cinnamon roll).

Just, what I've read, seen and believe.
Thanks for the input.

I didn't figure there was much to it. It wasn't until relatively recently that I started to get hungry before 11:00a.m. Growing up, past puberty, anyway, if I ate breakfast, I was ravenously hungry by lunchtime. If I skipped it, no lunch hour hunger. My son was the same.

My kids didn't care for eggs 'n such, so I allowed some cereals. They mostly liked oatmeal, Chex, and I forget what all. They certainly didn't get junk food for breakfast, and stayed fairly trim all their lives.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next