Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

pets eating habbits

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

pets eating habbits Empty pets eating habbits

Post by jirqoadai Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:04 pm

when youre feeding your dog her morning hotcakes waffles and sausage biscuits, why does she pull food out of her bowl and put it down on the deck and then chew whats in her mouth and then eat what she dropped? why doesnt she take smaller bites and eat over her bowl?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

pets eating habbits Empty Re: pets eating habbits

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:13 pm

because she is a dog....and they have their little idiosyncracies...just like you.  Does she criticize the way you eat???     LOLOLOLOLOL Belle does the same thing. Sometimes she takes her 'treat' into my living room and eats it on my rug. I hate that.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:19 pm

shes very happy with the way i eat. ( i eat using my left thumb, index finger and middle finger........and a pair of scissors in my right hand ). and over my bowl.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer, Daily Bread and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:21 pm

yes. alot of my deck is covered with wall to wall carpet. id make her bowl a dish ifn shed eat over it.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jan 23, 2024 12:25 pm

This may be the first conversation we've had where i've come closest to understanding what you're saying. Maybe your pup should do your posting. What's her name?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Jan 23, 2024 8:50 pm

You feed your dog hotcakes and sausage?
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:00 pm

Pets eating hobbits.

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Jan 23, 2024 9:27 pm

You know...pet eating habits...but I got to thinking, on the thread, other habits.

Cat habits.

I've been dismissive of cats' social behaviors for a long time - not having one around; but I got to thinking, the last day or so.

To my mother's half-puma (I suspect) tabby...son of a barn cat, she got as a kitten...that grew and grew and GREW. Much bigger than a lapdog. Really. Half-again the size of a typical cat...and we later had a couple of those hanging around.

But this time...we were in the process of building our lakeside camp, across the water from where my mother, as a high-school graduate, had worked at a girls' camp as a counselor. The campground later became a KOA, but that was after my parents passed on an option to buy it. They found a much better bargain on the other side of the water.

My brother, inheriting it (valued at $200k in 2006) sold it for a million bucks, this fall. No lie.

But...back then...a $1500 plot of land in a near-ghost-town former resort, and a $1000 prefabricated home built into a hill...it was ours. We'd come long weekends in the summer.

The cat came along. He didn't like car travel, but there was nothing else to do.

He DID like the cabin. The front wall was all picture-window glass. He could see ducks in the morning, geese in the afternoon, and bats at night. He LOVED putting his paws up on the glass, and just peering. He'd spend hours at it.

But...here's what I'd forgotten...he loved company, too.

I slept in a bunk built into a wall. Top level. There was a bunk beneath me...later my older brother chose to sleep elsewhere. So I had the area to myself, but I liked perching up. The ceiling, like the walls, were cedar.

There was a ladder bolted to the wall.

That huge cat would YOWL...wanting to come up. After a few periods there, when he realized there wasn't going to be help...that fat puma-tabby decided to climb the ladder.

Yeah. The ladder wasn't to the bunk; it was up the WALL that was the foot of the bunk. He had to go STRAIGHT UP, human-sized rungs, and then swing over. To go sleep on my huge feet.

He did it. Probably about twenty times, that I know of. He lost the agility with age, but somewhere I got the idea he really, REALLY wanted to be up there, so I'd hoist his 25-pound carcass up.

Doesn't fit with my modern understanding that cats are solitary. I hadn't thought of that in years. Of course, he was a singular cat, too...size and personality, both..
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:38 pm

For what it's worth...the last ten years that cabin was offered as a rental. I found a recent online photo.

It was listed on a resort-lodging site.  Long story how I got excluded from this moneymaker.

But this was the ladder, and later my bedroom, ever summer, from age 18 to 21.

pets eating habbits The_la10
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jan 23, 2024 10:40 pm

Casey Jones wrote:For what it's worth...the last ten years that cabin was offered as a rental.  I found a recent online photo.

It was listed on a resort-lodging site.  Long story how I got excluded from this moneymaker.

But this was the ladder, and later my bedroom, ever summer, from age 18 to 21.

pets eating habbits The_la10

Very nice!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next