Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Burger King is ghetto

+2
Calypso Jones
Keith
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Burger King is ghetto - Page 2 Empty Re: Burger King is ghetto

Post by Daily Bread Sat Jan 20, 2024 10:40 am

My favorite fried pork place is on Nostrom Ave in Bed Stuy Brooklyn just off Atlantic Ave . I walked into the place with a good friend that told me that I had to try this pork that they made . Bed Stuy is far from white and its not the cleanest area you'd want to walk around but that stuff never bothered me so i had no problems in the area but you need to watch where you eat . My employee / friend brings me into the place and its a typical inner city mom and pop operation and the smell of the hot foods that are cooking are amazing . The women behind the counter smiled when I walked in and asked my buddy who was the " white blue eyed devil " he was with and welcomed me ( probably the first white ,other tgan a cop,to eat there ) . I like pork and she gave me an order of something called Massas de Puerco or something like that and she hooked me on it. Its a pork that's loaded with the fat and fried up with some spices rubbed on it . When I was working in the area in the 90s I'd go every Thurs and order a plate and the women behind the counter knew and had it ready as soon as she saw me enter the store . These store owners work with what they have and keep it as clean as they can and since they eat the food too - they dont screw around with the preparation . The plates are paper and the silverware is plastic but the food is tasty and good ( it'll probably eventually kill you but who cares lol ) .
Try ethic food in neighborhoods that are familiar with it and you can get some great dishes .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:18 am

Daily Bread wrote:My favorite fried pork place is on Nostrom Ave in Bed Stuy Brooklyn just off Atlantic Ave . I walked into the place with a good friend that told me that I had to try this pork that they made . Bed Stuy is far from white and its not the cleanest area you'd want to walk around but that stuff never bothered me so i had no problems in the area but you need to watch where you eat . My employee / friend brings me into the place and its a typical inner city mom and pop operation and the smell of the hot foods that are cooking are amazing . The women behind the counter smiled when I walked in and asked my buddy who was the " white blue eyed devil " he was with and welcomed me ( probably the first white ,other tgan a cop,to eat there ) . I like pork and she gave me an order of something called Massas de Puerco or something like that and she hooked me on it. Its a pork that's loaded with the fat and fried up with some spices rubbed on it . When I was working in the area in the 90s I'd go every Thurs and order a plate and the women behind the counter knew and had it ready as soon as she saw me enter the store . These store owners work with what they have and keep it as clean as they can and since they eat the food too - they dont screw around with the preparation . The plates are paper and the silverware is plastic but the food is tasty and good ( it'll probably eventually kill you but who cares lol ) .
Try ethic food in neighborhoods that are familiar with it and you can get some great dishes .

Good thing there ain't no boudin balls and gratons and chicken Cracklins up there.

They even sellum at the gas stations down here.

One time i was waiting in a long line at Billy's in Krotz Springs. No worry there are 5 servers and the line moves fast.

The feller in front of me asked me where i was from. He was from Minnesota.
He pulled his 18 wheeler into the lot for some goodies.
When he travelled US 190 he stopped here. When he travelled I-10, he stopped at the Lafayette store.

We conversed about how great all the food was. I told him the stuffed quail in the freezer would make you slap yo momma.
Also, that i tried not to pass this way too often because i had to part with a hundred dollar bill or two everytime. Lol.

He told me he had travelled the whole country many times over, but only in Louisiana could you stop at a gasoline station and buy food that was better than most 4 star restaurants in the rest of the country.

https://billysboudincracklin.com/

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Sat Jan 20, 2024 11:42 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:My favorite fried pork place is on Nostrom Ave in Bed Stuy Brooklyn just off Atlantic Ave . I walked into the place with a good friend that told me that I had to try this pork that they made . Bed Stuy is far from white and its not the cleanest area you'd want to walk around but that stuff never bothered me so i had no problems in the area but you need to watch where you eat . My employee / friend brings me into the place and its a typical inner city mom and pop operation and the smell of the hot foods that are cooking are amazing . The women behind the counter smiled when I walked in and asked my buddy who was the " white blue eyed devil " he was with and welcomed me ( probably the first white ,other tgan a cop,to eat there ) . I like pork and she gave me an order of something called Massas de Puerco or something like that and she hooked me on it. Its a pork that's loaded with the fat and fried up with some spices rubbed on it . When I was working in the area in the 90s I'd go every Thurs and order a plate and the women behind the counter knew and had it ready as soon as she saw me enter the store . These store owners work with what they have and keep it as clean as they can and since they eat the food too - they dont screw around with the preparation . The plates are paper and the silverware is plastic but the food is tasty and good ( it'll probably eventually kill you but who cares lol ) .

Good thing there ain't no boudin balls and gratons and chicken Cracklins up there.

They even sellum at the gas stations down here.

One time i was waiting in a long line at Billy's in Krotz Springs. No worry there are 5 servers and the line moves fast.

The feller in front of me asked me where i was from. He was from Minnesota.
He pulled his 18 wheeler into the lot for some goodies.
When he travelled US 190 he stopped here. When he travelled I-10, he stopped at the Lafayette store.

We conversed about how great all the food was. I told him the stuffed quail in the freezer would make you slap yo momma.
Also, that i tried not to pass this way too often because i had to part with a hundred dollar bill or two everytime. Lol.

He told me he had travelled the whole country many times over, but only in Louisiana could you stop at a gasoline station and buy food that was better than most 4 star restaurants in the rest of the country.

https://billysboudincracklin.com/

Yup ! 5 Star ain't just in the night gown and suit and tie establishments . These some quality food out sold in places you never would try . If a trucker stops at a place for food ,you can bet its good .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

HawkTheSlayer and Calypso Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2