Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Gone to Far?

+3
Sprintcyclist
Casey Jones
Calypso Jones
7 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Gone to Far? - Page 4 Empty Re: Gone to Far?

Post by Casey Jones Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:07 pm

Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:When i Bob a kwey or boil crawfish or shrimps , all the nabors are invited.
I just don't get this Ozzy distrust..

What are you on about?  Where's the distrust?

Aussies are very social and get together all the time.  I'm going to a barbecue today in fact.  I just don't carry my barbecue around in the back of my car because we do it communally, not individually, ie cook and share.     To me carying your own barbecue around to an event is weird but I was too polite to say so.  Laughing

Hmmm...
You're going to a BBQ.

You upside down people crazy .  Razz Gone to Far? - Page 4 773625082

*shakes head*

Well...you carry your BBQ supplies home, don't you?

If you have a BBQ picnic in a park, you carry it all, don't you?

The idea of the tailgate BBQ is, before, or after, or at halftime...you just leave the stadium for the parking lot, and there you grille your luncheon. Or you have a non-sportsball fan grille while you're cheering on the strangers who wear the colors you favor.

And then you go out in the parking lot and eat like a true pig. USED to be, you could drink like a fish, too...but America lo these last 20 years has gotten decidedly priggish about such things.

Now you can't barbecue out there, either. Next the Negro Felons League will be whining about reduced ticket sales...
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Sep 02, 2023 11:37 pm

Red Lily wrote:Well, that would make it somewhat different then because there's no such thing in Oz so it's hard for people to even imagine it.  It's like talking at cross purposes.  If there's a bbq somewhere in Oz it would be put on by those organizing a particular event.  You don't sort of bring your own.

People don't have bbq's on their tail gates at events here.  Ever!  Nor does anyone watch college football.  I don't even know if they have college/university football.   Lol.

Gone to Far? - Page 4 553500953

Sounds like fun if you're into it.
Folks here have both types of bbq's. The private kind in people's back yards, where it's obvious that only the invited are welcome. There are also private parties at parks, where it's also obvious that only the invited are welcome.

Then there are the 'tail gate bbq's; held in parking lots near sports events, and also some that are held in parks, where everyone and anyone is more than welcome to stop by for a beer, a burger, a brat, or whatever else is available.
The party is open to everyone. The more, the merrier!
And if they're having one, be assured that they'll invite you over to theirs.

2cent
2cent

Red Lily and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sun Sep 03, 2023 5:06 am

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Well, that would make it somewhat different then because there's no such thing in Oz so it's hard for people to even imagine it.  It's like talking at cross purposes.  If there's a bbq somewhere in Oz it would be put on by those organizing a particular event.  You don't sort of bring your own.

People don't have bbq's on their tail gates at events here.  Ever!  Nor does anyone watch college football.  I don't even know if they have college/university football.   Lol.

Folks here have both types of bbq's.  The private kind in people's back yards, where it's obvious that only the invited are welcome.  There are also private parties at parks, where it's also obvious that only the invited are welcome.

Then there are the 'tail gate bbq's; held in parking lots near sports events, and also some that are held in parks, where everyone and anyone is more than welcome to stop by for a beer, a burger, a brat, or whatever else is available.  
The party is open to everyone.  The more, the merrier!

Like I said, it sounds like fun.    We just don't do that here.  Those who are into football just take their own food or buy it there I guess and I'm good with that.  Plus there are fairly strict laws for drink driving which most people try to avoid so a football party is more likely to be private at someone's home than at a stadium.  

We have gatherings/barbecues at home per invite lol.  Some people gather in parks for community barbecues where everyone brings food and booze.  Most all parks have their own barbecues for use.  I'm not sure why Hawk sees that as anti-social or distrusting though.
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sun Sep 03, 2023 6:24 pm

Red Lily wrote:
2cent wrote:

Folks here have both types of bbq's.  The private kind in people's back yards, where it's obvious that only the invited are welcome.  There are also private parties at parks, where it's also obvious that only the invited are welcome.

The party is open to everyone.  The more, the merrier!

Like I said, it sounds like fun.    We just don't do that here.  Those who are into football just take their own food or buy it there I guess and I'm good with that.  Plus there are fairly strict laws for drink driving which most people try to avoid so a football party is more likely to be private at someone's home than at a stadium.  

We have gatherings/barbecues at home per invite lol.  Some people gather in parks for community barbecues where everyone brings food and booze.  Most all parks have their own barbecues for use.  I'm not sure why Hawk sees that as anti-social or distrusting though.
Oh, I understand.  For some odd reason I found it necessary to explain something to someone who probably didn't need an explanation.  lol

And no, I don't think Oz folk are anti-social simply because a party style that goes on here doesn't go on over there.
--Fwiw, most parks here have grills at the picnic tables. It's just that if you're going to tailgate, best bring your own.

However, I do think it's silly to dis-allow charcoal fires on wide expanses of blacktop.  And especially so on Labor Day Weekend.  It's one the biggest BBQ days of the year.  Like others, it won't surprise me if it gets ignored by most.  We outnumber them.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Gone to Far? - Page 4 Empty Step it up a notch!

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Sep 06, 2023 5:07 pm

Now, no open flames, no propane, in the parking lot.

I guess if you own a nice RV you can cook inside with the AC running on the propane stove.
Dat aint gunna feed too many. Or cook on a 2 burner, electric hot plate if you have enough generator power.

I hope those older generators have spark arrestors. LOL

I imagine some of these mega-donors to the Tiger Athletic Foundation will be pissed.

And to make it even worse, the home opener is against Grambling State! A predominately black university.

Wow! No fried pigtails or Turkey wings or necks. And you gotta boil the wings and necks first In a big crawfish pot before you fry them .

This is triple racism! Against black peeps, white peeps, and Cajuns! Razz

Notice, the school doesn't say it's mandatory.
But rather, an advisory.

https://lsusports.net/news/2023/09/06/statewide-no-flame-tailgating-advisory-in-place-for-this-weekend/

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:17 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I know it's very hot.
I know it's very dry.
I know there are new wildfires every day , here.
I know there is a statewide, burn ban.

But I did not know until I just saw it on the local news.

It will also be against the law to grill(charcoal I'm guessing) while tail gating in the parking lot at tonight's and tomorrow night's football games.

It's ok to cook in a pan on a propane stove or electric grill.

I think it's pretty silly to think someone can start a wildfire in a university parking lot.

We dont do that sort of thing here, Im not sure what would happen if you whipped out a charcoal grill in a car park , or a gas one for that matter,lol

most people that would go to a game probably live within 40 minutes of the venue and would eat before they left
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Sep 07, 2023 4:20 am

In Auckland , Most of our major sports grounds are in the middle of the city , or there abouts
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum