Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

+2
Casey Jones
HawkTheSlayer
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Question:  Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles - Page 2 Empty Re: Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:28 am

Crusader wrote:If I find a mistake in my "digital Bible", I can delete it and upload a different one in minutes.  We have no guarantees that our printed Bibles weren't altered at the printing press.  If you have any question about the accuracy of your Bible, be ready to compare it with other Bibles of the same translation.  That's for printed or digital.

If I'm doing in depth study, I like a paper version where I can write notes in the margins.  If I want to follow the pastor during the Sunday sermon I'd rather have my tablet.  Most preachers have the text projected on a screen.  I can use the same translation and compare mine to his to look for changes.  Or I can use a different translation that may give me a different perspective besides what he is preaching.

""We have no guarantees that our printed Bibles weren't altered at the printing press. ""

Im sure bibles are like languages, they change over time depending on the ideology of whom ever is printing it
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Question:  Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles - Page 2 Empty Re: Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:34 am

Of the four gospels only two mention the birth of Jesús, Matthew and Luke. and none were contemporary
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:36 am

Chances are Jesus was born in Nazareth where he spent most of his life ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sat Jul 29, 2023 4:18 am

vege57 wrote:
Crusader wrote:If I find a mistake in my "digital Bible", I can delete it and upload a different one in minutes.  We have no guarantees that our printed Bibles weren't altered at the printing press.  If you have any question about the accuracy of your Bible, be ready to compare it with other Bibles of the same translation.  That's for printed or digital.

If I'm doing in depth study, I like a paper version where I can write notes in the margins.  If I want to follow the pastor during the Sunday sermon I'd rather have my tablet.  Most preachers have the text projected on a screen.  I can use the same translation and compare mine to his to look for changes.  Or I can use a different translation that may give me a different perspective besides what he is preaching.

""We have no guarantees that our printed Bibles weren't altered at the printing press. ""

Im sure bibles are like languages, they change over time depending on the ideology of whom ever is printing it

There are always new translations coming out. In the past, new translations meant that someone modernized the King James into current spoken English. Now, more scholars are translating directly from the original text and scholars are reviewing and verifying these translations. It's not foolproof, but it beats an indirect translation from another translation.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:09 am

Crusader wrote:
vege57 wrote:

There are always new translations coming out.  In the past, new translations meant that someone modernized the King James into current spoken English.   Now, more scholars are translating directly from the original text and scholars are reviewing and verifying these translations.   It's not foolproof,  but it beats an indirect translation from another translation.

Wishfull thinking Tex, how much damage was done to the message before the king James translations, all the gospels were written after the fact, the damage may already have been done , you could be worshiping a pagan god ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:20 am

Islam was built on the back of Mahammad fasting in the desert and the angel Gabriel visiting him on several occasions and giving him a verbal account of the Quran , Its now well know if you fast for long enough you will have hallucinations, and these will revolve your life experiences and personal beliefs, We have an hallucination to thank for Islam
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Jul 29, 2023 9:46 am

First of all, you are forgetting about the Holy Spirit. Second of all, you are forgetting about God using the Holy Spirit to guide us into all 'truth' rather than man created/centered lies.

Last but not least, you have forgotten that the devil was God's most beautiful created angel. The devil can appear to humans as an angel of light and without the Holy Spirit guiding them, they would not know the difference. The Bible tells us that we are not fighting 'flesh and blood' but, rather 'principalities and powers in the spiritual realm'.

You mentioned 'hallucinations', certainly the devil can use them (just as he can use AI), to make the unsuspecting think that he is an angel, sent from God, a messenger, has extraordinary powers, etc.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2