Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

+2
Casey Jones
HawkTheSlayer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Question:  Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles Empty Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:58 pm

While I am fine with people getting hold of a bible in any way....i do not think printed bibles will disappear.  Will the koran?  i doubt it.  PLUS...look what happened to kindle.  They tell you you own that 'book'.   but.  they delete them, edit them.   so NO.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/will-paper-bibles-be-replaced-by-digital-versions.html
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Question:  Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles Empty Re: Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:33 pm

Seems wrong.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Question:  Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles Empty Re: Question: Will digital bibles replace Printed bibles

Post by Calypso Jones Sun Jul 23, 2023 4:24 pm

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sun Jul 23, 2023 10:08 pm

I like to read a printed Bible at home and if I want to take notes on the pages, the printed is the way to go. I like to carry my tablet to church because I can go to big print and if I have a table, I can prop it up. It's very easy to scroll to follow along and I can compare translations.

I'm a big fan of keeping a printed Bible for a reference because it can't be edited after you possess it. I do like the convenience of the digital versions.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sun Jul 23, 2023 11:13 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:While I am fine with people getting hold of a bible in any way....i do not think printed bibles will disappear.  Will the koran?  i doubt it.  PLUS...look what happened to kindle.  They tell you you own that 'book'.   but.  they delete them, edit them.   so NO.

https://www.christianpost.com/news/will-paper-bibles-be-replaced-by-digital-versions.html

I was just going to post that.

Anyway, I'm done with Kindle.  They stopped supporting my Reader.

And they either don't make one they do support, or else it's very expensive - don't know which; don't care.  iM not playing the iPhone game...spend thousands on a phone they stop supporting in 24 months.  This after weekly updates to make sure you support the Current Thing.  No matter how insane.

And I gave up on the stupid Smartphones. NOT going back to THAT. No tablet either - that's less secure than a library public-access computer.

So...the thousand or so titles I have on my Kindle account...lost.  Actually I have about 500 of them ON my old Kindle, which still works fine.  Can't add to them and can't buy any more.

So it's back to paper books.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jul 24, 2023 5:57 am

Sometimes change is not for the better.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Casey Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Jul 27, 2023 12:09 pm

My issue with a 'digital Bible' is that it's quite easy to change it at will.

I went to a meeting a few years back that was for Pastors. Virtually no one (except me), had a written Bible with them. They were using their 'smart phones' and other electronic devices to follow along. I'm not sure what they would have done had their electronic device stopped working, read scripture as different or otherwise deviated from what the written real Bible said. The problem is that the electronic version they were using MAY have deviated from what the speaker was saying, who knows?
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Jul 27, 2023 2:40 pm

If I find a mistake in my "digital Bible", I can delete it and upload a different one in minutes.  We have no guarantees that our printed Bibles weren't altered at the printing press.  If you have any question about the accuracy of your Bible, be ready to compare it with other Bibles of the same translation.  That's for printed or digital.

If I'm doing in depth study, I like a paper version where I can write notes in the margins.  If I want to follow the pastor during the Sunday sermon I'd rather have my tablet.  Most preachers have the text projected on a screen.  I can use the same translation and compare mine to his to look for changes. Or I can use a different translation that may give me a different perspective besides what he is preaching.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Jul 27, 2023 5:43 pm

Crusader wrote:If I find a mistake in my "digital Bible", I can delete it and upload a different one in minutes.  We have no guarantees that our printed Bibles weren't altered at the printing press.  If you have any question about the accuracy of your Bible, be ready to compare it with other Bibles of the same translation.  That's for printed or digital.

If I'm doing in depth study, I like a paper version where I can write notes in the margins.  If I want to follow the pastor during the Sunday sermon I'd rather have my tablet.  Most preachers have the text projected on a screen.  I can use the same translation and compare mine to his to look for changes.  Or I can use a different translation that may give me a different perspective besides what he is preaching.

Yeah, there are TONS of 'translations' and you can 'download' a different 'translation' within moments. That reaffirms my point, those 'translations' can be altered instantaneously just like Wikipedia. Not everyone will take the time to research what has been changed in their 'digital Bible'. Many people would just assume that the 'translation' is different, etc.

And yes, the written Bible COULD be changed but, once a Bible is printed, it would be difficult if not impossible to change Bibles that are already owned/bought. It would be MUCH easier to change a 'digital' copy. In my case, I own numerous Bibles, commentaries and study guides in different 'translations' that I have owned for many years.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Casey Jones and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Fri Jul 28, 2023 5:59 pm

Nobody is making you use them. I've used digital copies for years and never found a misprint. I've seen translations I don't like and I avoid those.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next