Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Light snacks and some DIY snacks

4 posters

Go down

Light snacks and some DIY snacks Empty Light snacks and some DIY snacks

Post by Calypso Jones Fri May 26, 2023 10:44 am

I don't like to purchase Doritos..political reasons.  But i will buy alternative brands and sometimes i just make my own.   I don't care for corn toritillas otherwise but they're okay for this as far as i'm concerned and The Captain doesn't have a problem with it either.

shallow baking pan, i cover it with foil and spray lightly with Pam or your preferred.   Take a couple...you can do more just don't let them lay on top of each other.....corn tortillas and cut in half.     I do two at a time.  Then cut each half into thirds.  they should like like triangles like doritos do. ( you're cutting from center on flat side out to the edge of the rounded side so that you have three triangles..hope that makes sense)

lay them on the sprayed baking sheet.  Don't sprinkle with salt yet.   bake 350 degrees for 9 minutes.  10 if you like a little browning. I don't mind it.  take it out, light spray on tops of chips and then sprinkle some salt.  Let set to cool.   Use your favorite salsa or put in your salad.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Daily Bread and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Light snacks and some DIY snacks Empty Re: Light snacks and some DIY snacks

Post by Red Lily Fri May 26, 2023 5:35 pm

I do that as well and often sprinkle them with some parmesan cheese and a sprinkle of paprika before I bake them.

If you want thin and crispy ones you can use Lebanese flatbread.  I don't know what you call it there we just call it 'Leb bread' and if you're feeling particularly lazy about cooking something quickly (like I often am) just cook it and break it up afterwards.  Cutting is tidier though lol.

Leb bread makes really good, really easy, pizza bases too.  Just squirt on some pizza sauce, load them up and bake for 10 mins.

Light snacks and some DIY snacks Products-image_d72502b8-ee92-4390-a864-2245d1d5d421

Light snacks and some DIY snacks Pita-chips-7
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones, 2cent and East of the Beast like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri May 26, 2023 6:41 pm

Rarely do I come across recipes here that I think we'll like.  Light snacks and some DIY snacks 3561531328
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by East of the Beast Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:32 am

What’s the political reasons on the Doritos? I buy them occasionally. I don’t want to be supporting some left wing progressive madness.

East of the Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jun 02, 2023 8:51 pm

East of the Beast wrote:What’s the political reasons on the Doritos? I buy them occasionally. I don’t want to be supporting  some left wing progressive madness.
I believe they're a Pepsi product.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by East of the Beast Fri Jun 02, 2023 9:01 pm

2cent wrote:
East of the Beast wrote:What’s the political reasons on the Doritos? I buy them occasionally. I don’t want to be supporting  some left wing progressive madness.
I believe they're a Pepsi product.  
,didn’t know that

East of the Beast

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down