Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dressing up Vice as a Virtue. How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left

3 posters

Go down

Dressing up Vice as a Virtue.   How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left Empty Dressing up Vice as a Virtue. How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:52 pm

https://thefederalist.com/2023/03/23/dressing-up-vice-as-virtue-how-a-professors-affair-with-a-student-sums-up-the-bankruptcy-of-the-left/

“Mostly this woman is just not a good person, and the men around her are pathetically weak.” That’s how a friend, in an email, described Callard and her two husbands. That’s harsh, but it’s also true.

What makes her “not good” isn’t that she had an affair. It’s wrong to cheat, it’s wrong to break your promises, and it’s wrong to sleep with your students, but these are things that humans do even though they shouldn’t.

What makes her “not good” is the same thing that makes the moral agenda of the contemporary left “not good” – it doesn’t just tolerate vice, or forgive it, it insists on redefining vice as virtue.

Insisting that Evil is Actually Good.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

2cent and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Dressing up Vice as a Virtue.   How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left Empty Re: Dressing up Vice as a Virtue. How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left

Post by 2cent Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:40 pm

From the OP article:
A culture that celebrates leaving your spouse for your student is a culture that has no concept of what marriage is, or what biological sex is, or when life begins. All these contemporary cultural battles are so intense precisely because one side has effectively — and monstrously — redefined basic truths.
True, but just when is the author going to climb down off of his high horse?  What, is confession supposed to absolve one of all guilt?  Or, does it make you a so-called "expert" on the subject?

Just what was this guy's point?  Dressing up Vice as a Virtue.   How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left 553500953

Maybe he should quit hanging out with Leftists?

*LATE EDIT:
My friends on the left are glad I lost my job, as in their mind, it removed a reckless lecher from a campus filled with vulnerable young people.

My friends on the right tend to be much more concerned about the betrayal of my marriage vows. They are much more likely to say that my real victims were not the young women who willingly took me into their beds, but my son and my daughter.
And THAT, therein, lies the difference between the Left and the Right.

Selfish vs. Unselfish. Period. End of sentence.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Dressing up Vice as a Virtue.   How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left Empty Re: Dressing up Vice as a Virtue. How this incident sums up the moral bankruptcy of the Left

Post by Casey Jones Fri Mar 24, 2023 10:38 pm

The Left is all about LACK of self-control and IRRESPONSIBILITY.

Yes, people behave that way, but - prior to the social anarchy endorsed by liberals - not frequently. Now it's CELEBRATED.

This, FWIW, was why we kept men and women separate in the workplace...yes, and schools, too, once the charges were past adolescence. To avoid distractions and temptations.

WEEKENDS were for whoopie. And marriage was forever; and someone who behaved like this woman, would have been fired for Moral Turpitude.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:30 am

let me say this too.....this woman had her new man and her old man living in the same household...so she was doing this in front of the kids.

And some of her remarks indicate that she is not happy now with relationship number 2.

Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:36 am

Intneresting thing is the author of this piece did the same thing to his family and sees the damage he caused.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Mar 25, 2023 10:37 pm

Interesting, also, that they didn't know it would cause damage until they did it.

We USED to understand such things. Adolescent children were taught these things, often by grandparents.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down