Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic

+5
Crusader
Lummy
Calypso Jones
jirqoadai
HawkTheSlayer
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic Empty Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jan 30, 2023 3:43 pm

https://thehill.com/homenews/3836099-nearly-6-million-households-had-power-shut-off-during-pandemic-report/

Utility companies in the U.S. have disconnected customers an estimated 5.7 million times since 2020, according to a new report.

The disconnections have come even as those companies have paid billions to shareholders and executives, according to a report published on Monday by the Center for Biological Diversity, BailoutWatch and the Energy and Policy Institute.

Calypso Jones and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic Empty Re: Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:03 pm

It's downright criminal the rates the Louisiana Public Service Commission is approving for these energy companies here.

Customers have to pay for all the infrastructure damage from every hurricane in addition to high fuel adjustment and record high rates from "Electric charge"( company profit).

When I moved here 4.5 years ago, EC charge was 5.5cents/kWh. My total cost for electricity was 9.9cents/KWh including fuel adjustment, hurricane recovery fee, and service charges.

This month my total cost was 18.8cents/KWh.

EC=9.8 cents.
Fuel adjustment =4.0cents(down from a high of 6.5 cents)
The rest in fees and hurricane recovery charges.

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic Empty Re: Nearly 6 Million Housholds Had Power Turned Off During The Pandemic

Post by jirqoadai Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:25 pm

during ice storm Uri, Kinder Morgan made a profit of $1,000,000,000. the reason they made so much is they were selling the gas at $125 per thousand cubic feet. and paying the royalty owners .2399
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jan 30, 2023 6:03 pm

it's criminal..and they are pushing people past their limits. Look at taxes. And during inflation. If i sell something i take a beating, if i buy something i take a beating. The public is not supposed to be able to get ahead is their mission statement.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:30 am

It has been a serious issue for my entire life. Apparently, it is one without a solution. A concerted effort to conserve household use only results in higher power bills. Replacing lights with LED's only gets you higher power bills, plus the additional cost of the LED's.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:36 am

This year, they've jacked up power bills so high, it really is criminal theft, and a lot of people can't or won't pay it.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:51 am

In my opinion, it is fascist conspiracy between the energy sector and government for their New World Order to eliminate ownership of property, since if you don't pay your bills, eventually they will get your house. Isn't that correct? If they end up owning everyone's property, they can do anything they want, I suppose. But who knows? I don't really see it happening although it works on paper.
And there's one crucial problem they've overlooked in such a plan, and it's why they want to confiscate firearms.

Last edited by Lummy on Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Feb 04, 2023 9:54 am

At street level, all anyone really needs to know is that the crooked communist moron Biden is on their side, and he's all about getting to Xi's goal of eliminating property ownership as quickly as possible.

Now, consider communism from that perspective. It sucks bad as they conceive it, doesn't it? They will do everything they can to make sure the people on top stay there.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sat Feb 04, 2023 12:56 pm

This is all tied to energy instability. Energy instability is caused by stupid government policy and corruption. Energy price hikes make everything thing more expensive. Bad energy policy = inflation.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Feb 04, 2023 2:07 pm

Crusader wrote:This is all tied to energy instability.  Energy instability is caused by stupid government policy and corruption.  Energy price hikes make everything thing more expensive.  Bad energy policy = inflation.
It's the base determining factor for all inflation .
From harvest, to manufacture, to delivery.

Crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next