Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

+8
jirqoadai
JMWinPR
RV
vege57
Calypso Jones
Lummy
Crusader
HawkTheSlayer
12 posters

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 16 Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by RV Wed Feb 07, 2024 10:59 am

Calypso Jones wrote:Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 16 20230528-141351

If you add in the phrases "be not afraid", "fear not" and "do not fear", it comes to over 400 times per Strong's Exhaustive Concordance.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 16 Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Feb 09, 2024 6:00 am

https://www.neverthirsty.org/bible-qa/qa-archives/question/why-did-the-jews-reject-jesus-christ-was-the-messiah/

People ask....why did the jews reject Jesus...the above is a pretty good explanation i think.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Feb 14, 2024 4:03 pm

The lesson in the story of Balaam, his donkey and Balak.

https://answersingenesis.org/bible/how-god-used-pagan-diviner-deliver-messianic-prophecy/

This is the part that struck me....the lesson.

The narrative then presents a threefold cycle of sacrifices (Numbers 23:1,14, 29–30), encounters with God (Numbers 22:12, 20, 22–35), and oracles (Numbers 23:7–10, 18–24, 24:3–9) that show Balaam is incapable of performing the curses requested by Balak. Balaam could not speak a curse against Israel because of God’s promise to bless Abraham (Genesis 12:1–3; Numbers 23:10, 24:9). After he refused to curse Israel, Balaam blessed Israel and foretold Moab’s doom at their hands (Numbers 24:14–15). Nevertheless, Balaam is killed by the Israelites in their destruction of the Midianites (Numbers 31:8; cf. Joshua 13:22). It would seem that Balaam was somewhat of a mercenary (cf. 2 Peter 2:15), acting out of greed for money (cf. Jude 11). Balaam had advised Balak to tell the Midianite women to draw Israelite men into immorality and idolatry, which brought a plague on Israel (Numbers 31:16). Although Balaam could only pronounce what God permitted in his oracles (blessings and not curses), he gave Balak advice that led to Israel being cursed, to the degree that 24,000 people died (Numbers 25:1–9). The narrative then presents a threefold cycle of sacrifices (Numbers 23:1,14, 29–30), encounters with God (Numbers 22:12, 20, 22–35), and oracles (Numbers 23:7–10, 18–24, 24:3–9) that show Balaam is incapable of performing the curses requested by Balak. Balaam could not speak a curse against Israel because of God’s promise to bless Abraham (Genesis 12:1–3; Numbers 23:10, 24:9). After he refused to curse Israel, Balaam blessed Israel and foretold Moab’s doom at their hands (Numbers 24:14–15). Nevertheless, Balaam is killed by the Israelites in their destruction of the Midianites (Numbers 31:8; cf. Joshua 13:22). It would seem that Balaam was somewhat of a mercenary (cf. 2 Peter 2:15), acting out of greed for money (cf. Jude 11). Balaam had advised Balak to tell the Midianite women to draw Israelite men into immorality and idolatry, which brought a plague on Israel (Numbers 31:16). Although Balaam could only pronounce what God permitted in his oracles (blessings and not curses), he gave Balak advice that led to Israel being cursed, to the degree that 24,000 people died (Numbers 25:1–9). This is a timeless lesson for God’s people: if cursing will not work, corruption will, and if persecution will not work, then perversion will (cf. Revelation 2:12–17).(cf. Revelation 2:12–17).

That last part, emboldened...is that not true today? more than ever. and we see it.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Mar 02, 2024 11:47 am

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 16 4TY3QW

Esther 4: 13-14
13 And Mordecai told them to answer Esther: “Do not think in your heart that you will escape in the king’s palace any more than all the other Jews. 14 For if you remain completely silent at this time, relief and deliverance will arise for the Jews from another place, but you and your father’s house will perish. Yet who knows whether you have come to the kingdom for such a time as this?”

Ephesians 2:7-8
7-Now God has us where he wants us, with all the time in this world and the next to shower grace and kindness upon us in Christ Jesus. Saving is all his idea, and all his work. All we do is trust him enough to let him do it. It’s God’s gift from start to finish!
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Mar 05, 2024 9:22 am

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 16 IMG-2012
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by drifter106 Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:03 pm

The Prodigal Son  Luke 15: 11-32
Interesting parable about a father and 2 sons.

In the story, a father has two sons. The younger son asks for his portion of inheritance from his father, who grants his son's request. This son, however, is prodigal (i.e., wasteful and extravagant), thus squandering his fortune and eventually becoming destitute.

One reason I find this parable to be so good is the fact that I am a compulsive sinner (I can relate to the son who leaves his father).  Knowing that I can go to the Lord, confess my sins and be sorry for my sins (repent)....is a game change for me as well as others who utilize confession.

11 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. 14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.
17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.” ’ 20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. 22 But the father said to his servants, bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.   And they began to celebrate.
25 “Now his older son was in the field, and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 And he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27 And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fattened calf, because he has received him back safe and sound. 28 But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, 29 but he answered his father, Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!’ 31 And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 32 It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.”
drifter106
drifter106

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:16 pm

drifter106 wrote:The Prodigal Son  Luke 15: 11-32

In the story, a father has two sons. The younger son asks for his portion of inheritance from his father, who grants his son's request. This son, however, is prodigal (i.e., wasteful and extravagant), thus squandering his fortune and eventually becoming destitute.

One reason I find this parable to be so good is the fact that I am a compulsive sinner (I can relate to the son who leaves his father).  Knowing that I can go to the Lord, confess my sins and be sorry for my sins (repent)....is a game change for me as well as others who utilize confession.

11 And he said, “There was a man who had two sons. 12 And the younger of them said to his father, ‘Father, give me the share of property that is coming to me.’ And he divided his property between them. 13 Not many days later, the younger son gathered all he had and took a journey into a far country, and there he squandered his property in reckless living. 14 And when he had spent everything, a severe famine arose in that country, and he began to be in need. 15 So he went and hired himself out to one of the citizens of that country, who sent him into his fields to feed pigs. 16 And he was longing to be fed with the pods that the pigs ate, and no one gave him anything.
17 “But when he came to himself, he said, ‘How many of my father’s hired servants have more than enough bread, but I perish here with hunger! 18 I will arise and go to my father, and I will say to him, “Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. 19 I am no longer worthy to be called your son. Treat me as one of your hired servants.” ’ 20 And he arose and came to his father. But while he was still a long way off, his father saw him and felt compassion, and ran and embraced him and kissed him. 21 And the son said to him, ‘Father, I have sinned against heaven and before you. I am no longer worthy to be called your son. 22 But the father said to his servants, bring quickly the best robe, and put it on him, and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet. 23 And bring the fattened calf and kill it, and let us eat and celebrate. 24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found.   And they began to celebrate.
25 “Now his older son was in the field, and as he came and drew near to the house, he heard music and dancing. 26 And he called one of the servants and asked what these things meant. 27 And he said to him, ‘Your brother has come, and your father has killed the fattened calf, because he has received him back safe and sound. 28 But he was angry and refused to go in. His father came out and entreated him, 29 but he answered his father, Look, these many years I have served you, and I never disobeyed your command, yet you never gave me a young goat, that I might celebrate with my friends. 30 But when this son of yours came, who has devoured your property with prostitutes, you killed the fattened calf for him!’ 31 And he said to him, ‘Son, you are always with me, and all that is mine is yours. 32 It was fitting to celebrate and be glad, for this your brother was dead, and is alive; he was lost, and is found.”

That is also one of my favourites.
It shows normal people and their relationships perfectly.
Of course the older son would be angry, he did ALL the good hard work and now his younger brother is being 'celebrated.'
Of course the Dad is happy, his lost son is back home.
It's not 'fair'. It's humans. It's the world.

Sprintcyclist

drifter106 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Wed Mar 06, 2024 11:19 pm

For God will bring every deed into judgment,
including every hidden thing,
whether it is good or evil.

Ecclesiastes 12:14

Every deed comes into judgment? Well, I have failed and badly too.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Mar 07, 2024 12:20 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
drifter106 wrote:The Prodigal Son  Luke 15: 11-32

That is also one of my favourites.
It shows normal people and their relationships perfectly.
Of course the older son would be angry, he did ALL the good hard work and now his younger brother is being 'celebrated.'
Of course the Dad is happy, his lost son is back home.
It's not 'fair'. It's humans. It's the world.

It's not "fair" in whose ideology? Liberals think it's "fair" to allow criminals, terrorists and child molesters into the country with no vetting. Liberals think it's "fair" to take money from a person who earned it and give to someone who didn't. Liberals think it was "fair" to change election law and stuff ballot boxes and throw Conservative ballots away to manipulate the election as THEY saw fit. Liberals think it's "fair" to allow illegals to flood over the border and then make excuses why they won't do anything about it. Liberals think it's "fair" for EVERYONE to pay more for fossil fuels because of THEIR beliefs. There are a whole lot of things that Liberals claim are "fair" that aren't at all. So Liberal's definition of "fair" and mine are exactly opposite one another.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 03, 2024 12:40 pm

Even numbers aren’t outside of God’s grasp. God has ordered the world to follow mathematical and numerical patterns. We can see his design in how numbers operate even in nature, knowing that everything on earth points back to the fact that God exists, so we have no excuse not to praise him.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 17 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next