Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

+8
jirqoadai
JMWinPR
RV
vege57
Calypso Jones
Lummy
Crusader
HawkTheSlayer
12 posters

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next

Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 21, 2021 2:53 pm

Mark 16:15 (ESV)
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

this rather tells me that there is no life as we know it, in the universe.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking - Page 2 Empty Re: Interesting Bible scripture you find profound, inspirational, interesting, thought provoking

Post by vege57 Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:10 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Mark 16:15 (ESV)
15 And he said to them, “Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation.

this rather tells me that there is no life as we know it, in the universe.  

""Go into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole creation""

Wouldn't it have been easier for him to organise it, after all he built the shit hole
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:51 pm

well in all fairness, he made it perfect. We are the ones that screwed it up.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:00 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:well in all fairness, he made it perfect.  We are the ones that screwed it up.
Hey, don't blame me.
I don't eat apples!

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Apr 22, 2021 2:56 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Bible says...just read it, that you give alcohol to the dying and wine to the sick.

Baptist and Methodists both eschew drinking.....while they're sitting in church.  While we were members of the Methodist church in Cloverdale Virginia, my mother and step father often had parties and invited the pastor to them...there was drinking.   I don't believe he missed a party.  LOL

The bible does not say don't drink.   It says, it's not a good idea to drink too much.

I'm independent baptist.   Our pastor does not condone drinking.   That's his right.  Personally i will drink on occasion.    I don't make an issue of it but in the summer time i greatly enjoy a red eye.

All things in moderation. Having said that, alcohol and drugs are ONE way that the devil gains a foothold in SOME people's lives. Personally, and IMHO, I am weak and want to stay as far away from the devil as I can get while giving him no footholds nor possibilities.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:02 pm

RV wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Bible says...just read it, that you give alcohol to the dying and wine to the sick.

Baptist and Methodists both eschew drinking.....while they're sitting in church.  While we were members of the Methodist church in Cloverdale Virginia, my mother and step father often had parties and invited the pastor to them...there was drinking.   I don't believe he missed a party.  LOL

The bible does not say don't drink.   It says, it's not a good idea to drink too much.

I'm independent baptist.   Our pastor does not condone drinking.   That's his right.  Personally i will drink on occasion.    I don't make an issue of it but in the summer time i greatly enjoy a red eye.

All things in moderation. Having said that, alcohol and drugs are ONE way that the devil gains a foothold in SOME people's lives. Personally, and IMHO, I am weak and want to stay as far away from the devil as I can get while giving him no footholds nor possibilities.

Hawk always says, "Evil is da Devil, minus da D".

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:34 pm

RV wrote:

We each have our weaknesses. LOL Mine is not drinking or drugs. It may be the computer.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 23, 2021 8:27 am

Another little interesting mystery in the bible.    When Joshua and heads of tribes set up the land allotments of the 12 tribes in their new land, the 'Stone of Bohan' is mentioned twice so far.  In parenthesis it says son of Reuben.   Reuben's sons are mentioned in Genesis, but there is no Bohan.    And usually there is something important or miraculous or of significance that happened at that Stone if it is named.    So who is Bohan?  and it doesn't seem to be that he travelled with his father  Reuben to Egypt to escape the famine(grandfather Jacob/Israel).  Why didn't he go down to Egypt with the rest..and what happened at that Stone.  

Mysteries.  PERHAPS Bohan was the issue of Bilhah (Jacob's wife Rachael's handmaiden) given to  Jacob for children and his son Reuben, son of Jacob and Leah.   Reuben seduced you might say, Bilhah  Jacob was ticked.  Jacob had 4 wives..Leah, Rachael, Bilhah(rachael's handmaid) and Zilpah (Leah's handmaid).

If you remember, Rachael was the one that Jacob loved and Leah suffered greatly from knowing he cared more for Rachael than for her.  Leah gave him more sons and in particular Judah in whom the line of Christ goes through.    God blessed her in that.

more: In hebrew Bohan means 'in them'...and it is more commonly a girl's name than a boy's name.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:15 am

Luke 19:45-48

Jesus Cleanses the Temple
45 Then He went into the temple and began to drive out those who bought and sold in it, 46 saying to them, “It is written, ‘My house is a house of prayer,’ but you have made it a ‘den of thieves.’ ”

47 And He was teaching daily in the temple.But the chief priests, the scribes, and the leaders of the people sought to destroy Him, 48 and were unable to do anything; for all the people were very attentive to hear Him.

THe People wanted to hear him...but the leaders of the people, chief priests and scribes sought to destroy him.    Sounds like today.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Apr 23, 2021 9:39 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I bet Gates, Fauci, Rothschilds,  Bilderberg group won't take the vaccine being demanded of the world population .

We watched some of them seemingly get the vaccine didn't we....but then...how do we know what is in that vial?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Lummy and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 17 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 17  Next