Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Solar Desalination

+3
RV
Daily Bread
HawkTheSlayer
7 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Solar Desalination - Page 2 Empty Re: Solar Desalination

Post by jirqoadai Tue Aug 16, 2022 4:01 pm

Crusader wrote:
jirqoadai wrote:in an erfquake area, makes alot of..........

Good point.  Give it to Mexico in exchange for a 30 ft wall across the whole Southern border.
you just coat the inside of your pipes. plasti-bond is whats mandated for electrical conduit. for seawater im sure it has an even thicker liner, plus, Chase makes liner systems. as do other corporations. and im assuming everyone here knows what pigs are. but maybe not everyone does. i could prolly install a 10" thick liner inside a 30" pipe. itd be very soft, and maybe not retreavable, but maybe we would just allow the seawater to eat it up before we pig out the residue. i wouldnt mind trying a ditch if it were on the west coast, and after its seperated into non potable water, then get it underground. i do know that for five years already, some of TEXAS' oil production water has been trucked to Barstow, and from there they take it away from death valley.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:37 pm

After giving a bit of thought, why is anyone concerned with disposing the brine back into the ocean. Any idea how much water is carried away by a major storm? A hurricane is little more than a giant pump and a very large desalinizer.

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:46 pm

im not concerned about the brine. we could hold down democrats and see how much each could take down their throats before keeling over.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

JMWinPR likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Aug 19, 2022 8:51 pm

JMWinPR wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:[/qWuote]
That Thermal desalter is nothing more than a giant booze distillery . West Virginia hootch suppliers  oughta sue for patent infringement .
Looks like a low cost, carbon neutral, way to get plenty of fresh water.
If they can only dispose of the brine.

Keep in mind, this saltwater is going to eat up pipes, receptacles, etc. I guess they use all stainless or titanium piping and components.
Even titanium is subject to corrosion. The RO's on our boat failed several times before it was discovered there were supposed to be zinc anodes installed.
Glass is the only viable conduit. Hopefully they can extract some useful minerals, dry the rest and bury it. I once read a cubic mile of sea water contains more gold than Ft Knox.

You don't want to confuse oxidation with electrolysis
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Sat Aug 20, 2022 5:06 am

vege57 wrote:
JMWinPR wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:[/qWuote]
That Thermal desalter is nothing more than a giant booze distillery . West Virginia hootch suppliers  oughta sue for patent infringement .
Looks like a low cost, carbon neutral, way to get plenty of fresh water.
If they can only dispose of the brine.

Keep in mind, this saltwater is going to eat up pipes, receptacles, etc. I guess they use all stainless or titanium piping and components.
Even titanium is subject to corrosion. The RO's on our boat failed several times before it was discovered there were supposed to be zinc anodes installed.
Glass is the only viable conduit. Hopefully they can extract some useful minerals, dry the rest and bury it. I once read a cubic mile of sea water contains more gold than Ft Knox.

You don't want to confuse oxidation with electrolysis
LEO the lion says GER. 10th grade chemistry

JMWinPR

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Mon Aug 22, 2022 1:39 pm

You know "solar", "green", etc.? It doesn't have to actually make energy so long as it generates lots of CASH from the government and makes lots of money for the Democrats.

Just ask Al Gore!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2