Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Jones sued for $4M

+5
HawkTheSlayer
RV
2cent
Calypso Jones
Sprintcyclist
9 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Alex Jones sued for $4M - Page 2 Empty Re: Alex Jones sued for $4M

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:37 pm

RV wrote:
2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:it doesn't matter whether we like him or his show.  WHAT MATTERS is the First Amendment.  What matters is an unbiased judge who follows the law.  THAT is not what is happening here.
CJ, the judge did follow the law, and the jury even awarded far less to the family(ies) than they were suing for.  However, they purposely sued for that much, in order to convince the jury, et.al., that they were serious; that Alex Jones doesn't get to lie his head off, causing families all manner of undo harm, and get it away with it.  

Jones even admitted to wrong-doing.
“I admitted I was wrong. I admitted it was a mistake. I admitted that I followed disinformation but not on purpose. I apologized to the families. And the jury understood that. What I did to those families was wrong. But I didn’t do it on purpose,” he said.
Even if you believe he didn't do it on purpose, (which I don't, for a moment), he was still in the wrong, and he still caused all manner of grief.

It is interesting that everyone is quick to jump on the "disinformation" train IF it involves a Conservative, Republican, President Trump or a Trump supporter but absolute silence if that "disinformation" and/or blatant lies come from a Democrat. Now why would that be?

2cent wrote:
Do you not recall this?
The parents testified Tuesday about how they’ve endured a decade of trauma, inflicted first by the murder of their son and what followed: gunshots fired at a home, online and phone threats, and harassment on the street by strangers. They said the threats and harassment were all fueled by Jones and his conspiracy theory spread to his followers via his website Infowars.

Where is the info that says the judge changed the amount from $4 million to $49 million?

Apparently the "trauma" that the babies endured as the Democrats dismembered them, vacuumed them up or sucked out their brains, the "trauma" that the victims of blatant discrimination and "mandates" and the families of the victims are "insignificant" but, the parents of ONE Scandy Hook student should be compensated four million dollars for what ONE commentator said.

You claim that the judge "followed the law"? Are you a lawyer and know the law or just someone who supposes that the law was followed? Is it the same "law" that allowed election fraud? Was it the same "law" that allowed Jim Comey to go against FBI policy and the law as he framed President Trump? Was it the same "law" that allowed Adam Schiff to repeatedly lie and say that he had "irrefutable proof" of President Trump's guilt in the Russian collusion hoax? Was it the same "law" that allowed Democrats to impeach President Trump on more than one occasion with NO evidence, NO proof and NO facts? Was it the same "law" that raided Roger Stone's home in the middle of the night and pulled him from his bed at gun point? How about the "law" that allowed General Flynn to be prosecuted for doing his job? Oh, there are MANY instances where the "law" only seems to apply when liberals are affected but, it NEVER applies when President Trump, Conservatives, Republicans or Trump supporters are involved.

As a Father of two and a Grandfather of five, I can sympathize with these parents however, right is right and wrong is wrong!
Quit being inane.  Nothing of what you mentioned has a thing to do with the incomprehensible cruelty of Alex Jones, and the horrors the families suffered as a result of it.

IAC, according to you,
1. a man causing others no end of amount of trauma = "right."

2. being held accountable for it = "wrong."

No wonder this country's in such great shape.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:19 pm

From what I saw on the MSM news yesterday , it was 2 separate awards. This was all over the MSM, As they were all too happy to drool over it.
The latter amount being awarded to the family of 6 yo victim Jesse Lewis.
Total of almost 50 million between the 2 awards.

Here's the scoop.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08/05/alex-jones-sandy-hook-punitive/

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:24 pm

2cent wrote:I can't stand that miserable piece of crap, so I hope nobody's thinking this'll hurt my feelings any.

What miserable piece of crap is that ?
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Aug 06, 2022 4:34 pm

vege57 wrote:
2cent wrote:I can't stand that miserable piece of crap, so I hope nobody's thinking this'll hurt my feelings any.

What miserable piece of crap is that ?

Jones is a sensationalist who specializes in conspiracy. He's made hundreds of millions. He's dissolved his company in the wake of the lawsuits, and siphoned off $10 million legally , just in case.

He's what many on the net call a certifiable kook.

I just never could watch or listen to him.

Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:08 pm

Personally I don't like the man. Being a Trump supporter or a conservative doesn't make him likeable or in the right. He's a kook and a dangerous one at that.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:22 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:From what I saw on the MSM news yesterday , it was 2 separate  awards. This was all over the MSM,  As they were all too happy to drool over it.
The latter amount being awarded to the family of 6 yo victim Jesse Lewis.
Total of almost 50 million between the 2 awards.

Here's the scoop.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/08/05/alex-jones-sandy-hook-punitive/

Thank you. Could be it's my bias, but it does appear to me that Jones did defame the parents by either inferring - or flat-out saying- that they were faking their grief.

That earns that scumbag one MAJOR slap up 'side the head, the wallet, and wherever else a ball peen hammer can reach.
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:31 pm

As I've said numerous times and will continue to say, Democrats can flaunt the law with impunity while Conservatives are held to its letter. I have no issues with understanding how we got here, fraud, lies and complacency...
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:51 pm

Which is all very true but we can't balance out the bad the Democrats do by trying to justify and/or ignore the bad that the Trump supporters are guilty of either.

That's just not right in my book and it's hypocritical.
Red Lily
Red Lily

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:59 pm

2cent wrote:Is this supposed to be some sort of jab at the right?  If so, Alex Jones sued for $4M - Page 2 3187452777

No it is not intended as a political comment.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:20 pm

Red Lily wrote:Which is all very true but we can't balance out the bad the Democrats do by trying to justify and/or ignore the bad that the Trump supporters are guilty of either.

That's just not right in my book and it's hypocritical.
Thank you! And here, I'm near being called a Liberal for not allowing a guy - who I don't care WHO he supports - to get away with what I'd basically describe as 'inciting a riot,' so to speak.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next