Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alex Jones sued for $4M

+5
HawkTheSlayer
RV
2cent
Calypso Jones
Sprintcyclist
9 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Alex Jones sued for $4M Empty Alex Jones sued for $4M

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Aug 05, 2022 8:43 pm

It should have been MUCH more.
Same as for any such person that causes harm due to unfounded lies

............ A Texas jury Thursday ordered conspiracy theorist Alex Jones to pay more than $4 million — significantly less than the $150 million being sought — in compensatory damages to the parents of a 6-year-old boy killed in the Sandy Hook massacre, marking the first time the Infowars host has been held financially liable for repeatedly claiming the deadliest school shooting in U.S. history was a hoax. ..........

https://www.voanews.com/a/us-conspiracy-theorist-ordered-to-pay-school-shooting-parents-4m/6688065.html

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Alex Jones sued for $4M Empty Re: Alex Jones sued for $4M

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:54 pm

the shady hook trials.

Last edited by Calypso Jones on Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:21 pm

Is this supposed to be some sort of jab at the right? If so, Alex Jones sued for $4M 3187452777
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Aug 05, 2022 10:43 pm

now the leftist judge says 49 million. Don't you love how leftist judges can just do anything they want.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Sat Aug 06, 2022 5:17 am

OOOOOOOOwwwwwwwww, apparently My Jones lawyers erred and sent Mr Jones entire content of text messages to the opposing sides lawyers .......

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:50 am

I can't stand that miserable piece of crap, so I hope nobody's thinking this'll hurt my feelings any.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:25 am

it doesn't matter whether we like him or his show. WHAT MATTERS is the First Amendment. What matters is an unbiased judge who follows the law. THAT is not what is happening here.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:45 am

The Presidential election was compromised, is there any reason to believe that the courts will suddenly start following the law and judge correctly? I'm not gonna hold my breath.

It may as well be a trillion dollars, it makes no difference, it's all political. The trial was a sham, the prosecutors are biased, the courts are biased, the media is biased and the world is up-side-down.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:15 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:it doesn't matter whether we like him or his show.  WHAT MATTERS is the First Amendment.  What matters is an unbiased judge who follows the law.  THAT is not what is happening here.
CJ, the judge did follow the law, and the jury even awarded far less to the family(ies) than they were suing for. However, they purposely sued for that much, in order to convince the jury, et.al., that they were serious; that Alex Jones doesn't get to lie his head off, causing families all manner of undo harm, and get it away with it.

Jones even admitted to wrong-doing.
“I admitted I was wrong. I admitted it was a mistake. I admitted that I followed disinformation but not on purpose. I apologized to the families. And the jury understood that. What I did to those families was wrong. But I didn’t do it on purpose,” he said.
Even if you believe he didn't do it on purpose, (which I don't, for a moment), he was still in the wrong, and he still caused all manner of grief.

Do you not recall this?
The parents testified Tuesday about how they’ve endured a decade of trauma, inflicted first by the murder of their son and what followed: gunshots fired at a home, online and phone threats, and harassment on the street by strangers. They said the threats and harassment were all fueled by Jones and his conspiracy theory spread to his followers via his website Infowars.

Where is the info that says the judge changed the amount from $4 million to $49 million?
2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Sat Aug 06, 2022 12:43 pm

2cent wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:it doesn't matter whether we like him or his show.  WHAT MATTERS is the First Amendment.  What matters is an unbiased judge who follows the law.  THAT is not what is happening here.
CJ, the judge did follow the law, and the jury even awarded far less to the family(ies) than they were suing for.  However, they purposely sued for that much, in order to convince the jury, et.al., that they were serious; that Alex Jones doesn't get to lie his head off, causing families all manner of undo harm, and get it away with it.  

Jones even admitted to wrong-doing.
“I admitted I was wrong. I admitted it was a mistake. I admitted that I followed disinformation but not on purpose. I apologized to the families. And the jury understood that. What I did to those families was wrong. But I didn’t do it on purpose,” he said.
Even if you believe he didn't do it on purpose, (which I don't, for a moment), he was still in the wrong, and he still caused all manner of grief.

It is interesting that everyone is quick to jump on the "disinformation" train IF it involves a Conservative, Republican, President Trump or a Trump supporter but absolute silence if that "disinformation" and/or blatant lies come from a Democrat. Now why would that be?

2cent wrote:
Do you not recall this?
The parents testified Tuesday about how they’ve endured a decade of trauma, inflicted first by the murder of their son and what followed: gunshots fired at a home, online and phone threats, and harassment on the street by strangers. They said the threats and harassment were all fueled by Jones and his conspiracy theory spread to his followers via his website Infowars.

Where is the info that says the judge changed the amount from $4 million to $49 million?

Apparently the "trauma" that the babies endured as the Democrats dismembered them, vacuumed them up or sucked out their brains, the "trauma" that the victims of blatant discrimination and "mandates" and the families of the victims are "insignificant" but, the parents of ONE Scandy Hook student should be compensated four million dollars for what ONE commentator said.

You claim that the judge "followed the law"? Are you a lawyer and know the law or just someone who supposes that the law was followed? Is it the same "law" that allowed election fraud? Was it the same "law" that allowed Jim Comey to go against FBI policy and the law as he framed President Trump? Was it the same "law" that allowed Adam Schiff to repeatedly lie and say that he had "irrefutable proof" of President Trump's guilt in the Russian collusion hoax? Was it the same "law" that allowed Democrats to impeach President Trump on more than one occasion with NO evidence, NO proof and NO facts? Was it the same "law" that raided Roger Stone's home in the middle of the night and pulled him from his bed at gun point? How about the "law" that allowed General Flynn to be prosecuted for doing his job? Oh, there are MANY instances where the "law" only seems to apply when liberals are affected but, it NEVER applies when President Trump, Conservatives, Republicans or Trump supporters are involved.

As a Father of two and a Grandfather of five, I can sympathize with these parents however, right is right and wrong is wrong!
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next