Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tell the board if you are leaving.

+4
Sprintcyclist
HawkTheSlayer
jirqoadai
Lummy
8 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Tell the board if you are leaving. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell the board if you are leaving.

Post by Lummy Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:18 pm

I've drawn attention to this issue that I singularly seem to experience on discussion boards a number of times over the past several years.

I really do hate it. It makes me wonder why I neve make myself available to be friendlier to some people. Elizabeth was a good person, I think.

On the other hand, she might have been a psycho-killer who collected the entrails of her victims for making blood sausage -- stuff like that.

Kinda interstin.  
Perhaps I need psychoanalysis.

Scully!
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Tell the board if you are leaving. - Page 2 Empty Re: Tell the board if you are leaving.

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Jul 28, 2022 9:57 pm

vege57 wrote:Hi im back, just nipped next door to make a loaf of bread lol

We were worried sick

Sprintcyclist

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:18 pm

Lummy wrote:I've drawn attention to this issue that I singularly seem to experience on discussion boards a number of times over the past several years.

I really do hate it. It makes me wonder why I neve make myself available to be friendlier to some people. Elizabeth was a good person, I think.

On the other hand, she might have been a psycho-killer who collected the entrails of her victims for making blood sausage -- stuff like that.

Kinda interstin.  
Perhaps I need psychoanalysis.

Scully!

Lummy, not everyone wants to chummy up too everyone they meet on a board, I personally am one that would be more than happy to further a board friendship, but have come to realise its not everyone's cup of tea.., thats life, but not as we know it Jim

Having said that, you don't need to be in constant contact to be a friend, just feeling comfortable that when you do reach out your contact will be well received
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Jul 28, 2022 10:22 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:

We were worried sick

I hope I didn't traumatise anyone lol
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:35 pm

I don't expect anybody to say goodbye. Sometimes when you aren't getting along with people and you "say goodbye", people accuse you of being a drama queen or attention whore. Liz sent me a PM. It didn't say she was leaving, but she did imply it. That's about all I'll say about that. PMs are Private.
Crusader
Crusader

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:45 pm

Crusader wrote:I don't expect anybody to say goodbye.  Sometimes when you aren't getting along with people and you "say goodbye", people accuse you of being a drama queen or attention whore.  Liz sent me a PM.  It didn't say she was leaving, but she did imply it.  That's about all I'll say about that.  PMs are Private.

The only time I will post a pm is if its a abusive and threating , Not that I ever feel threatened as I have had the odd death threat over the years, when you go down that path you loose any privacy a pm may imply
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:49 pm

It would be nice if people could vent their frustrations, take a little time to get over any slight they feel, then get back to business , I'm always comfortable accepting I have I have overreacted to the odd comment from other posters , But for the best part I would like to think I move on from it , Life's to short
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Jul 28, 2022 11:56 pm

vege57 wrote:
Crusader wrote:I don't expect anybody to say goodbye.  Sometimes when you aren't getting along with people and you "say goodbye", people accuse you of being a drama queen or attention whore.  Liz sent me a PM.  It didn't say she was leaving, but she did imply it.  That's about all I'll say about that.  PMs are Private.

The only time I will post a pm is if its a abusive and threating , Not that I ever feel threatened as I have had the odd death threat over the years, when you go down that path you loose any privacy a pm may imply

I've never felt threatened, especially now that I don't have a family to worry about and I'm always armed. There have been times on other boards, I just don't feel like dealing with the idiocy and verbal abuse. If you tell people "goodbye", you kind of look like a whiner if you come back. Make sure you mean it before you say it.
Crusader
Crusader

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Jul 29, 2022 12:03 am

Crusader wrote:
vege57 wrote:

I've never felt threatened, especially now that I don't have a family to worry about and I'm always armed.  There have been times on other boards, I just don't feel like dealing with the idiocy and verbal abuse.  If you tell people "goodbye", you kind of look like a whiner if you come back.  Make sure you mean it before you say it.

""If you tell people "goodbye", you kind of look like a whiner if you come back. ""

Its a tool  people use to try and get a little support for their gripes against another poster, comes down to a popularity contest , a couple of past members have tried it on me ,

When they say they aint commin back, they are wanting everyone to jump in and say , Hey we love dont do that lol
vege57
vege57

Crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Jul 29, 2022 6:31 am

vege57 wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

We were worried sick

I hope I didn't traumatise anyone lol

This has made me drink more of my home brew than usual.
I forgive you .

Sprintcyclist

vege57 likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next