Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out

+4
Crusader
2cent
RV
HawkTheSlayer
8 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out Empty SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:41 pm

SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out
Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer to retire Thursday: 'It has been my great honor'

SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out Stephe10

Supreme Court Justice Stephen Breyer has announced that he will step down from the high court effective Thursday at noon.

Breyer, who notified President Biden in January of his intent to retire at the end of the current term, updated the president in a letter Wednesday, after the Supreme Court made it known that it will issue its final opinions of the term Thursday morning.

"The Court has announced that tomorrow, beginning at 10 a.m., it will hand down all remaining opinions ready during this Term. Accordingly, my retirement from active service under the provisions of 28 U.S.C. § 371(b) will be effective on Thursday, June 30, 2022, at noon," Breyer wrote......

"It has been my great honor to participate as a judge in the effort to maintain our Constitution and the Rule of Law," Breyer wrote.

Breyer joined the Supreme Court after his nomination from President Bill Clinton, making him the second-longest serving active justice prior to his retirement, behind Justice Clarence Thomas, who joined in 1991.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/supreme-court-justice-stephen-breyer-retire-thursday-my-great-honor

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out Empty Re: SCOTUS Justice Breyer is Out

Post by RV Wed Jun 29, 2022 3:17 pm

I find it rather interesting that Breyer is retiring AFTER the Roe V Wade decision...
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:10 pm

B'bye, Ice Cream Man.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:12 pm

Why is he posing for a picture with his toilet paper?
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:55 pm

...the Supreme Court made it known that it will issue its final opinions of the term Thursday morning.
Does anyone know what cases are on that list? Pete over at tPF brought up one, but I can't, for the life of me, recall what it is.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Jun 29, 2022 6:01 pm

2cent wrote:
...the Supreme Court made it known that it will issue its final opinions of the term Thursday morning.
Does anyone know what cases are on that list?  Pete over at tPF brought up one, but I can't, for the life of me, recall what it is.  
I'm not sure, but the Court is slated to end the session tomorrow afternoon.

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Wed Jun 29, 2022 7:44 pm

@HawkTheSlayer, it's W.VA vs. EPA that I was thinking of, and yup, that decision/ruling will be handed down tomorrow, as well.

I might not be so excited, but considering the latest rulings - on prayer on the field, and Roe vs Wade - my faith in the high court is starting to return.

Oh please let tomorrow's ruling come down on the side of the Constitution.

2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Thu Jun 30, 2022 1:52 pm

2cent wrote: @HawkTheSlayer, it's W.VA vs. EPA that I was thinking of, and yup, that decision/ruling will be handed down tomorrow, as well.

I might not be so excited, but considering the latest rulings - on prayer on the field, and Roe vs Wade - my faith in the high court is starting to return.

It's odd, SCOTUS should have NEVER tried to legislate from the bench. Why people allowed it is beyond me. Why it was even attempted is also beyond my understanding. I would agree with you that I would LOVE to see SCOTUS get back to ruling by sticking to the U.S. Constitution.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:12 pm

RV wrote:
2cent wrote: @HawkTheSlayer, it's W.VA vs. EPA that I was thinking of, and yup, that decision/ruling will be handed down tomorrow, as well.

It's odd, SCOTUS should have NEVER tried to legislate from the bench. Why people allowed it is beyond me. Why it was even attempted is also beyond my understanding. I would agree with you that I would LOVE to see SCOTUS get back to ruling by sticking to the U.S. Constitution.

That will not happen. People do not willingly surrender power, once they've grasped it.

ONLY a Constitutional Amendment will rectify the situation, spelling out State redresses and other legislative overrides.

And ONLY an Article V Convention (of CREDENTIALED State Delegates) will effect that change.

And the Left and the corporatists and banksters, will keep throwing sand in the gears...keep on spreading false fears...to slow down or stop that procedure.

So we collapse.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

RV likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:21 am

RV wrote:

Where, exactly, has the SCOTUS ruled from the bench of late? ???

Roe vs. Wade: Straight from the Constitution. And the right side - the side of what is constitutional - won.

W VA vs. EPA: Another win for the constitution, as that is what 6 of the 9 justices sided with. Yes, the law. They didn't make one up; they simply ruled on what is correct and proper, according to the U.S. Consitution.

One that I was kinda bummed about, but they actually were correct, I believe. That would be the one where Biden can change the 'Stay in Mexico' policy Trump had used. This back-and-forth-ing would quit, if Congress would, once and for all, sign a rock solid foreign policy, where our borders are concerned.
Not what I'd consider a win, but the SCOTUS did follow the rule of law. Again, did not make law.

Another win for the Constitution: the SCOTUS ruled AGAINST a Maine law that excluded religious schools from their list of private schools that the state could provide funding for a student. Again we see the SCOTUS doing its proper job.

Yet another: The SCOTUS ruled that New York's stringent rules against 'Concealed Carry' were unConstitutional.

*All these WINS, in every sense of the word, and yet, you and Casey persist in pushing the "IT'S ALL NEGATIVE!" narrative.

Well I'm here to say, that NO, IT'S NOT! Five cases right there off the top of my head where the SCOTUS ruled properly, yet I guess there'll always be some out there in the crowd who insist that we're losing when we're winning!

2cent
2cent

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next