Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

View says: violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion

+2
HawkTheSlayer
Calypso Jones
6 posters

:: Media :: MSM

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

View says:  violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion Empty View says: violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion

Post by Calypso Jones Mon May 23, 2022 5:20 pm

ironic?  hypocrites?  idiots?   all three?

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2022/05/23/view-cries-violation-church-and-state-deny-pelosi-communion

[b]It was a nonsensical point that was parroted by co-host Whoopi Goldberg, obviously. “The abortion rights battle is starting to blur the lines between church and state,” she huffed. “The Archbishop of San Francisco is calling for Speaker Nancy Pelosi to be denied receiving communion because of her pro-choice stance.”

They never provided an explanation for how the church dealing with a member internally was a violation of the separation of church and state.

Goldberg seems to think her appearances in the Sister Act movies qualify her to speak about the Catholic Church. She lashed out at Cordileone and claimed he was going beyond his duties as an archbishop of Pelosi’s archdiocese:

This is not your job, dude! she/cow bellows.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

View says:  violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion Empty Re: View says: violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 pm

If I was the priest, when she stuck out her tongue, I'd steal her dentures.

Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

View says:  violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion Empty Re: View says: violation of church/state for catholic church to deny pelosi communion

Post by Crusader Mon May 23, 2022 5:46 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:ironic?  hypocrites?  idiots?   all three?

https://newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2022/05/23/view-cries-violation-church-and-state-deny-pelosi-communion

[b]It was a nonsensical point that was parroted by co-host Whoopi Goldberg, obviously. “The abortion rights battle is starting to blur the lines between church and state,” she huffed. “The Archbishop of San Francisco is calling for Speaker Nancy Pelosi to be denied receiving communion because of her pro-choice stance.”

They never provided an explanation for how the church dealing with a member internally was a violation of the separation of church and state.

Goldberg seems to think her appearances in the Sister Act movies qualify her to speak about the Catholic Church. She lashed out at Cordileone and claimed he was going beyond his duties as an archbishop of Pelosi’s archdiocese:

Did the priest take away her tax deductions, or impose an ice cream tax?
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon May 23, 2022 6:26 pm

She says she had communion.   What?  the catholics just go into church and take communion every service?? Protestants only do that on special occassions and only if we feel that we are right with God at that time. that means forgiving others, repentence etc. If not, you don't take it. I certainly wouldn't take it if I and my party celebrated the deaths of the unborn. I believe i would abstain in that case....but then.....i'm not a democrat.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon May 23, 2022 6:39 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:She says she had communion.   What?  the catholics just go into church and take communion every service??  Protestants only do that on special occassions and only if we feel that we are right with God at that time.  that means forgiving others, repentence etc.   If not, you don't take it.   I certainly wouldn't take it if I and my party celebrated the deaths of the unborn.  I believe i would abstain in that case....but then.....i'm not a democrat.
Them church biscuits be good.

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Mon May 23, 2022 7:10 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:What?  the catholics just go into church and take communion every service??  

No.
Red Lily
Red Lily

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon May 23, 2022 8:20 pm

well i didn't THINK so but then she is a privileged person and i think someone who agrees with her would most definitely not prevent her from taking communion.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue May 24, 2022 4:20 pm

Crusader wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:ironic?  hypocrites?  idiots?   all three?

It was a nonsensical point that was parroted by co-host Whoopi Goldberg, obviously. “The abortion rights battle is starting to blur the lines between church and state,” she huffed. “The Archbishop of San Francisco is calling for Speaker Nancy Pelosi to be denied receiving communion because of her pro-choice stance.”

Did the priest take away her tax deductions, or impose an ice cream tax?

No kidding.  What a first class idiot.  Where or how does she - or anyone else - get the notion that that Whoopi cushion has ANY authority to speak on things Constitutional?  Heaven knows, she couldn't have gotten this one more backward, if she tried!  Besides, I bet I'm not the only one who's overly tired of people yelling, "Separation of church and state!," without the slightest clue of what they're talking about.
That would be the (now) famous Danbury Letters, shared between the Baptists of Danbury, CT, and President Jefferson.  

Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should ʺmake no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,ʺ thus building a wall of separation between Church & State. Adhering to this expression of the supreme will of the nation in behalf of the rights of conscience, I shall see with sincere satisfaction the progress of those sentiments which tend to restore to man all his natural rights, convinced he has no natural right in opposition to his social duties.

https://billofrightsinstitute.org/primary-sources/danburybaptists

That is the only time "separation of church and state" is brought up in reference to the U.S. Constitution.  The irony is that those who abuse it rarely, if ever, mention "the free exercise thereof."
2cent
2cent

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue May 24, 2022 4:24 pm

Red Lily wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:What?  the catholics just go into church and take communion every service??  

No.
Yes, they do. I was raised Catholic, and that's the way we did it. I'm thinking Hawk was raised that way, too.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue May 24, 2022 4:30 pm

2cent wrote:
Red Lily wrote:

No.
Yes, they do.  I was raised Catholic, and that's the way we did it.  I'm thinking Hawk was raised that way, too.  
i will save you some money. send me only 6% of your income and i will get you into Heaven.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next