Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Renewable energy

+5
vege57
Calypso Jones
jirqoadai
Crusader
Sprintcyclist
9 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Renewable energy - Page 3 Empty Re: Renewable energy

Post by jirqoadai Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:31 am

RV wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:why is it that people can't understand that oil is infinite.

For the same reason(s) that people "can't" understand why God is infinite, the author, the Creator, the first and the last, the alpha and omega, the beginning and the end.
im real happy you have the front part right. but after He made it all, He pretty much allowed it to cycle itself. He only steps in in either a big way, or direct the conclusion of something very important by clouding someones brain. id say 99.999% of all happening here on planet earth are NOT by design, but rather repetition. different story but same outcome.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Jul 08, 2022 8:26 pm

Lummy wrote:China is the fossil fuel glutton on this planet. Better to exterminate than to mollify them.

That is an attitude seen here too often

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Sat Jul 09, 2022 3:42 am

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Lummy wrote:China is the fossil fuel glutton on this planet. Better to exterminate than to mollify them.

That is an attitude seen here too often
well at least some australians are still sane.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:26 pm

Renewable energy - Page 3 90miles3c591cd9b996d342576f7e541a482386_513e5ae6_500
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Crusader and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:49 pm

Utility companies in Texas are scaling back their net metering programs.  If they scale it back too much where I live, I may not mess with RE.  I'm only in for it if I can profit off of it.  If the state or the utility companies are going to steal all of the profits, I won't invest in it until I can go completely off grid.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Thom Paine and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Jan 24, 2023 2:30 pm

Crusader wrote:Utility companies in Texas are scaling back their net metering programs.  If they scale it back too much where I live, I may not mess with RE.  I'm only in for it if I can profit off of it.  If the state or the utility companies are going to steal all of the profits, I won't invest in it until I can go  completely off grid.

How would you prefer to invest in it?
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Tue Jan 24, 2023 5:24 pm

Lummy wrote:
Crusader wrote:Utility companies in Texas are scaling back their net metering programs.  If they scale it back too much where I live, I may not mess with RE.  I'm only in for it if I can profit off of it.  If the state or the utility companies are going to steal all of the profits, I won't invest in it until I can go  completely off grid.

How would you prefer to invest in it?

I prefer actual net metering, where the power flows back and forth through the same meter and I settle the difference with the power company at the end of the month.  They want to buy my electricity at their cost of production and sell it back to me at full price.  If I am going to invest the thousands of dollars into RE equipment I want to keep the power I generate and not buy it back from the utility company for 3-4 times what I sold it to them for earlier that day.  I would rather just pay for my electricity like everyone else until the day where I can go completely off grid.

They will argue that I am using the grid as a free storage battery for my needs and I will counter that my energy production is helping them out during peak demand because that is the time of day when I produce the most power.  It's a win-win for both of us and they want to take advantage of the situation and charge me for my own energy production.

In most parts of the state, energy companies compete for our business on a common grid. Because of the competition, companies are more likely to offer net metering for their customers. I'm looking to buy in a rural area where the local grid is independent of the main grid and they have a monopoly utility service in my area. They are less likely to offer perks such as net metering.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3