Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Patton's death -- murder or accident?

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Patton's death -- murder or accident? Empty Patton's death -- murder or accident?

Post by Lummy Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:01 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWL0Nz4g5yk
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Patton's death -- murder or accident? Empty Re: Patton's death -- murder or accident?

Post by jirqoadai Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:24 pm

he wasnt gonna rearm the Donitz govt and help send it to moscow.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Patton's death -- murder or accident? Empty Re: Patton's death -- murder or accident?

Post by Lummy Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

Actually, that seems like maybe a reasonable idea. Did Patton consider it?
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:15 pm

Lummy wrote:Actually, that seems like maybe a reasonable idea. Did Patton consider it?
yes. he was being pushed to do so. never wouldve worked. Ike wouldve cut him off at the knees.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Lummy likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:43 pm

I was about to say that the animosity between Patton and the rest of High Command seems overplayed for dramatic effect in the bullshit the media loves to savor. After all, I think leadership put up with a lot more from each other in the interest of the war effort back then. It's hard to believe that his peers would have wanted him dead, that's for sure.

I don't believe Ike was particularly well known for his civilian political acumen, but that might be wrong.

What I know of Patton is from the movie with Geo C Scott.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:49 pm

Lummy wrote:I was about to say that the animosity between Patton and the rest of High Command seems overplayed for dramatic effect in the bullshit the media loves to savor. After all, I think leadership put up with a lot more from each other in the interest of the war effort back then. It's hard to believe that his peers would have wanted him dead, that's for sure.

I don't believe Ike was particularly well known for his civilian political acumen, but that might be wrong.

What I know of Patton is from the movie with Geo C Scott.
ive read maybe five books about him. Abrams loved him. Ike was a communist, plain and simple. he pulled back from the Elbe, he gave up all his CIA assetts in Hungary, then he allows Uncle Ho to set up shop by wiping out 330,000 of his immediate supporters. i wish LeMay had taken over everything after George got killed.
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:39 pm

Yeah, I get that. But the last chapter on the course America did take has not yet been written. Possibly never will be.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:47 pm

Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by jirqoadai Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:10 pm

i did not watch that. they defamed him from the start. i hope that assholes brain rots from leprosy. Kasserine Pass was George Pattons wakeup call as to how the german fought. that dick head behind the mic needs his balls fed to a pitbull terrier
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:40 pm

Oh, come on, how do you really feel?
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next