Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don't throw your Keurig in the trash...

+7
EvilCat Breath
Crusader
Daily Bread
Casey Jones
Sprintcyclist
Calypso Jones
Elizabeth Theus
11 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Don't throw your Keurig in the trash... - Page 3 Empty Re: Don't throw your Keurig in the trash...

Post by Red Lily Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:59 am

This is what I think of coffee! Don't throw your Keurig in the trash... - Page 3 Vomit-into-the-toilet
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Don't throw your Keurig in the trash... - Page 3 Empty Re: Don't throw your Keurig in the trash...

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:10 am

Red Lily wrote:This is what I think of coffee!   Don't throw your Keurig in the trash... - Page 3 Vomit-into-the-toilet
That's what I used to think of beer.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:27 am

I don't drink MUCH coffee... I go a long time without it and then i want it for a few weeks a month and then no more for awhile. I do notice that once i lost the taste for coffee, my cholesterol numbers went down. I drink mostly tea now...jasmine..my fave rave.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:00 pm

What are some things to put coffee in?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:23 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:What are some things to put coffee in?

On anything and everything. It's in the seasoning blend.
You're lucky I like you. Lol.
Now my old crippled ass has to walk from the shop to my house to dig in the back of my cabinet for the brand from New York .

Ok, it's Lobel's dry rub from Rye Brook, NY.
Salt, brown sugar, garlic, black pepper, paprika, red pepper, coffee grounds.

Don't throw your Keurig in the trash... - Page 3 20220319
Don't throw your Keurig in the trash... - Page 3 20220320

It's good.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:20 am

Calypso Jones wrote:I don't drink MUCH coffee... I go a long time without it and then i want it for a few weeks a month and then no more for awhile.  I do notice that once i lost the taste for coffee, my cholesterol numbers went down.  I drink mostly tea now...jasmine..my fave rave.

Well...I'm addicted. I have to have it in the morning, and living like I do, mornings typically last to 10:30.

But, there's the Everything Shortage. The reality is, I'm not addicted to coffee, but to caffeine.

I may have to add No-Doz to the huge pile of pills I take...and pass on the coffee. Too expensive.

Maybe my health will improve, who knows?
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Mar 29, 2022 12:30 am

Calypso Jones wrote:I have the soft water.   Distilled water makes good tea.  I get plenty of ridicule for my preference of instant but all i have to do is throw the pot into the sink. People think the items with all the bells and whistles are super...but they're just a lot of extra work and problems it seems to me.

Well, instant coffee has its place.

For a couple months in 1995, fresh out of the Navy, I rented a room from a single mother my age, in Fountain, Colorado. She was running a newspaper ad. Two things didn't work out: First, I was looking for a job, and the job that came through was in Denver, 90 miles north.

Second was, once she saw me...no, I'm not making this up...she was freshly divorced, mid-thirties, after getting married at 17...she was HOR-nee. She wasn't indecent, but she was throwing unmistakable signs up.

And she was about to get custody of her twelve-year-old kid. Cue the theme from "Lolita." Not that I wanted little girls, but I know, from having been that age...twelve-year-olds, when not properly trained in restraint, can be real strumpets. And this one had just done a year living with Daddy. I can imagine what habits she'd gotten. Or how she'd react when I didn't play along.

Off-topic, though. We shared the kitchen, although most nights she cooked for us both, and I chipped in on groceries. But I was fresh off Navy coffee...and she liked hers, weak.

I found a GREAT compromise. I got a jar of instant, and just threw half-a-cupful's worth of instant into a cup of her weak coffee...and it was perfect.

On to today. I expect, with the Everything shortage and coffee beans being priced out of everyone's budget but the One-Percent...I expect that instant will be the last thing to go. Most coffee snobs detest instant. I would rather have fresh, but I've had instant, done right, it's fine.

So, I'll be drinking instant a lot...until I can't get it. Then it's No-Doz tablets.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3