Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?!

+2
Lummy
2cent
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?! Empty What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?!

Post by 2cent Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:07 pm

Been hearing about this for a while now. CHEESE is BAD! Why? Enquiring minds would like to know.

Btw, I've an older sister who's been "doctored" to rid herself of that horrid addiction, and is told it's killing her.
A sister younger than I just got through telling me that it's about the worst thing to ingest on planet earth.

Again, does anybody know why?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?! Empty Re: What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?!

Post by Lummy Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:15 pm

Chloresterol. But the fact is, I have an whole bandolier of string cheese that I'm eating right now.
Lummy
Lummy

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?! Empty Re: What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?!

Post by jirqoadai Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:18 pm

Lummy wrote:Chloresterol. But the fact is, I have an whole bandolier of string cheese that I'm eating right now.
when did you finaly polish off your 5gallon can of it?
jirqoadai
jirqoadai

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:35 pm

Lummy wrote:Chloresterol. But the fact is, I have an whole bandolier of string cheese that I'm eating right now.
Okay, fad thing. Got it. Thank you.
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Dec 31, 2021 8:51 pm

here's the funny thing...or not so funny.  Doctors actually know damn little about cholesterol. Another thing...do you notice that about every 10 to 15 years the medical profession either itself or through some nutrition organization does a complete 180 on what is good/what is bad for you.

eggs. ONLY two a week. then, they're not a problem. Low in calories, fill you up, good stuff in them/then ACK LOADED WITH CHOLESTEROL.

same with everything. It's to keep the medical profession relevant. Actually. They know damn little and don't care to learn.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:28 pm

It will stop you up. What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?! 773625082 Embarassed

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:29 pm

I love cheese. Cheese is good for you!

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:01 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:It will stop you up. What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?! 773625082 Embarassed
Ha!  When you have diarrhea, the "BRAT" rule is highly recommended, along with staying away from dairy products.  Never made any sense to me, as I was always told that dairy products are "binders." What in Devil's Name is Wrong with Cheese?! 553500953
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Fri Dec 31, 2021 10:16 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I love cheese. Cheese is good for you!

I like cheese too.

It is very fatty and salty. And yummy.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Fri Dec 31, 2021 11:40 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:I love cheese. Cheese is good for you!
As do I, but not well-informed enough of all the varieties to to come close to being a 'coneseure'.  (Who cares how you spell it.)

My daughter's brought up brie more than once recently.  I'm thinking it's high time, eh?

Been doing some reading up on how it's all made.  Shoulda just asked my husband.  He'd've filled me in w/o the read work. His mom made their cheese.  But that's 'cuz they had both a goat and dairy cows at different times in their lives.  What got Mr. 2 is how much milk it took to come up w/a wee brick of cheese.  But that woman would not waste a breath of air, if she could save it.  Yeah, the sacred moms of our generation.  

What I'd like to know, though, is the PROOF that cheese is worthless food; and worse, very bad FOR you.  I don't buy it.  

Another thing I'd like to know.  With all the reading I've done - not much, actually - what process/indredients/etc., - brings about the the different cheeses.  As in, cheddar, brie, swiss, American, provolone, mozzorrela, etc.., etc., etc.  How's ya make the different kinds from all the same milk?

Last edited by 2cent on Sat Jan 01, 2022 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next