Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Revelation

5 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Revelation  - Page 4 Empty Re: Revelation

Post by RV Tue Jul 05, 2022 3:14 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Gnostics were Christians who chose to worship Christ in their own fashion. They refused to conform to the Roman Catholic church teachings.
Hence they were labeled heretics.

The Cathars were a peaceful Christian people. All murdered by The Church.

The word heretic is used in much the same fashion as, "the winners get to write history".

Yep, humans have all sorts of excuses for doing things their own way rather than God's way. I have never and do not now consider Agnostics nor "gnostics", "Christians". I also do not consider Catholics "Christian" as the Catholic church has all sorts of beliefs that are completely against what Christ taught, preached, believed and lived.
RV
RV

https://www.oann.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:29 am

Irrational fears of other Christian religions do not concern me.

It kind of amusing that Revelation , in and of itself, is the "Bible" of Jehova's Witness, and most other Christians consider them(JW) to be thee ultimate fringe religion.

I don't.

I had an aunt who was very well versed in Revelation. She converted to JW. We used to have coffee and discuss many passages.

We never called each other heretics or considered each other's religion invalid.

I once sent her back to Sunday service with a question for the pastor. After service, and in private of course.

She told me he was unable to answer it and became upset.

She was a very simple woman with not much education. Her husband couldnt even read. His parents couldn't read. So they forbid him to read too.

She could read fine but was not able to comprehend things on her own. Only things that were parroted to her.

She was very grateful for outside interpretation.

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Jul 05, 2022 8:41 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:Irrational fears of other Christian religions do not concern me.

It kind of amusing that Revelation , in and of itself, is the "Bible" of Jehova's Witness,  and most other Christians consider them(JW) to be thee ultimate fringe religion.

I don't.

I had an aunt who was very well versed in Revelation. She converted to JW. We used to have coffee and discuss many passages.  

We never called each other heretics or considered each other's religion invalid.

I once sent her back to Sunday service with a question for the pastor. After service, and in private of course.

She was a very simple woman with not much education. Her husband couldnt even read. His parents couldn't read. So they forbid him to read too.

She could read fine  but was not able to comprehend things on her own.  Only things that were parroted to her.

Lol, "irrational fears". That would mean that you've been dead, came back to life (and of course can prove it), and that you KNOW that God doesn't exist and that He will not judge on whether someone accepted His Son as Lord and Savior. Otherwise, "irrational" is just identity politics...
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:00 am

RV wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:Irrational fears of other Christian religions do not concern me.

It kind of amusing that Revelation , in and of itself, is the "Bible" of Jehova's Witness,  and most other Christians consider them(JW) to be thee ultimate fringe religion.

I don't.

She could read fine  but was not able to comprehend things on her own.  Only things that were parroted to her.

Lol, "irrational fears". That would mean that you've been dead, came back to life (and of course can prove it), and that you KNOW that God doesn't exist and that He will not judge on whether someone accepted His Son as Lord and Savior. Otherwise, "irrational" is just identity politics...

I have no idea what kind of narrative you are trying to establish here. Except your own religion as being superior.

I made none of those statements. You manufactured them .

You are a religious kook.

Roadmaster much?

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:35 am

There is more than one way to salvation.

Belief in Christ doesn't require organized religion or biblical knowledge.
Pure Faith has always been the answer.

I don't kowtow to priests, preachers, reverends, or internet prophets who quote the bible.

Sounds a little Jimmy Swaggart to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Jul 05, 2022 9:57 am

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
RV wrote:

I don't.

I have no idea what kind of narrative you are trying to establish here. Except your own religion as being superior.

Roadmaster much?

I have never said, thought, "preached", commented nor read that ANYONE EVER should "kowtow" to me nor any other human being. I've never said, thought, "preached", commented nor read anything about what "religion", "church" or other that I attend. Gaslight much?

I have never considered myself "religious", that I "have religion", that I "got religion" nor have I ever been a "Bible thumper". The Non-Denominational church that I attend is really immaterial, inconsequential and irrelevant. I don't do what humans tell me to, God owns me. I read and study God's word NOT human's. You can use whatever names you wish. I can only tell you that I read and study God's word. You are free to think that there is only one book in the Bible if that is what you wish.

I will continue to speak the truth, if no one listens that is THEIR problem not mine.
RV
RV

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Tue Jul 05, 2022 10:15 am

RV wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
RV wrote:

I don't.

Roadmaster much?

I have never said, thought, "preached", commented nor read that ANYONE EVER should "kowtow" to me nor any other human being. I've never said, thought, "preached", commented nor read anything about what "religion", "church" or other that I attend. Gaslight much?

I have never considered myself "religious", that I "have religion", that I "got religion" nor have I ever been a "Bible thumper". The Non-Denominational church that I attend is really immaterial, inconsequential and irrelevant. I don't do what humans tell me to, God owns me. I read and study God's word NOT human's. You can use whatever names you wish. I can only tell you that I read and study God's word. You are free to think that there is only one book in the Bible if that is what you wish.

I will continue to speak the truth, if no one listens that is THEIR problem not mine.

So indeed, you establish your own narrative on religion with no tolerance.

That's fine with me.

You would be wise to take other religions into consideration ( not islam) because we love your take on most political situations.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:50 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:https://www.whatchristianswanttoknow.com/why-were-some-books-excluded-from-the-bible/

i'm sure that satan has tried to infiltrate God's word.   And i'm sure that these excluded books can be found and read if someone so chooses.  
The catholic bible has 6 more books and a couple chapters in Daniel that have been excluded from the protestant bible.    
Have you read those?   The macabees are an interesting read even though a sad outcome.

https://www.britannica.com/topic/apocrypha

Gnostics were heretics.

So what?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:52 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:There is more than one way to salvation.

Belief in Christ doesn't require organized religion or biblical knowledge.
Pure Faith has always been the answer.

I don't kowtow to priests, preachers, reverends,  or internet prophets who quote the bible.

Sounds a little Jimmy Swaggart to me.

Good on you, you are not meant to ' .... knowtow to priests, preachers, reverends,  or internet prophets ... '

That'ld do you no good and give a LOT of pain.

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by RV Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:35 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
RV wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
RV wrote:

I don't.

Roadmaster much?

So indeed, you establish your own narrative on religion with no tolerance.

That's fine with me.

You would be wise to take other religions into consideration ( not islam) because we love your take on most political situations.

As I said, I am NOT "religious" and thus do NOT subscribe to ANY man-made "religion". What people think really makes no difference because in the end, they cannot save me, grant me eternal life nor prevent me from judgement, ONLY God can do those things.

So no, I really couldn't care less what some people think of me, "kook", "nut", etc. I read and study God's word which is "God breathed" and sufficient for all "teaching and preaching". Unbelievers can hate me or call me names if they so choose just as liberals call me a "deplorable", it's just more identity politics. People hated Jesus and as He cautioned, they will hate His followers as well.
RV
RV

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next