Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Do not eat chi-com food products.

+5
HawkTheSlayer
JMWinPR
Casey Jones
Calypso Jones
Lummy
9 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Do not eat chi-com food products. Empty Do not eat chi-com food products.

Post by Lummy Fri Jul 30, 2021 3:57 pm

They export a lot of fruit juices, for example, that should absolutely be avoided, IMHO. If it says anywhere on the label that China produced any of it, put it back on the shelf.
Lummy
Lummy

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Carolina73, Crusader and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Do not eat chi-com food products. Empty Re: Do not eat chi-com food products.

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:48 pm

Excellent Idea. Thanks for the information.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:25 pm

My experience is, they try to hide the source.

Not of food - I don't buy a lot of prepared juices - but of manufactured stuff. They'll have "Assembled in Costa Rica of parts sourced internationally." You know damn well they don't mean Switzerland.

A lot of the Made-In-USA is fake, too. Long ago, before Ewe Toob went Woketard, there was a smuggled vid of a Chinese factory putting Made In USA marks on products.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:27 pm

I think you mean a city in Japan it was said, changed its name to Usa...USA in order to deceive the american people. It might be china. Wouldn't surprise me.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:34 pm

Japan doesn't need to hide the source of its manufactured goods. Japanese manufacture gives it a PREMIUM niche.

Example: Honda has a sprawling factory in Marysville, Ohio - built to make MOTORCYCLES, which in 1978, the date of its initial start of construction, was Honda's main product. Cars were a sideline - like trucks (Honda makes "kei" trucks in Japan, tiny cabover flatbed and van vehicles). Motorcycles were subject to the Harley Tariff - above a certain size, had to pay a huge duty. To protect Harley-Davidson, and the congressmen they paid off.

While the plant was being built, the second new model of Honda's car line, the Accord, was such a hit, word went out: Modify plans to have a car line also. That was done, while initial construction was still going on.

But the Gold Wing motorcycle was their big product out of Marysville. UNTIL. Honda couldn't import cars fast enough; and the Harley tariff went away. So production of the Gold Wing was moved back to Japan - along with a price INCREASE (total cost of labor is higher in Japan) - and still they sell every one they import. That's a $30k touring motorcycle.

No NEED to hide that a product comes from Japan! From China, yes, or Vietnam, or Indonesia...but not Japan.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer, jirqoadai and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by JMWinPR Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:41 am

What about Smithfield pork products?

JMWinPR

HawkTheSlayer and jirqoadai like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Lummy Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:31 am

Not familiar with them. If there's a clue that the food is made/grown in china, I wouldn't buy it. It's that simple.
Lummy
Lummy

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:42 am

JMWinPR wrote:What about Smithfield pork products?
Hawk knows all about that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jul 31, 2021 12:28 pm

Smithfield sold out to China.

So did GE. DONT buy GE. you can't get parts, the product sucks.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:41 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Smithfield sold out to China.

So did GE.  DONT buy GE.   you can't get parts, the product sucks.

Been that way LONG before China.

GE. PROFIT is the only thing they made, that was worth anything. Now, they don't even make THAT.

I've had GE tape recorders and radios and used GE lightbulbs. For a long time in the 1980s, I swear, every third new GE bulb would burn out in an hour. I took to buying generic bulbs, which of course lasted much longer.

And of course, with such stellar profit-driven engineering, they lost their consumer-products markets.

Industrial goods. Much later I found myself running locomotives. GE was involved in locomotive manufacture from the 1920s and earlier with parts - many American railroads were partly or totally electrified, including the Pennsylvania, the Milwaukee Road, ALL the railroads going through Chicago and New York City. It was only a small step for them to take that electrical gear, and mount it to a switch-engine chassis, and install a gas, then diesel engine with a generator.

And not a big step then to expand to road locomotives. Basically to learn the road-loco business, they teamed with American Locomotive (called ALCO) and for fifteen years worked with them. That ended abruptly when GE bought the patents to a large diesel engine, and decided they didn't need ALCO. Didn't need to buy them, either...and in any case, Studebaker-Packard had just done so. Alco, like Packard cars, like Studebaker cars, disappeared as S-P slowly retreated to where they were bought out.

But. While General Motors diesels were, in the 1950s-1980s, solid-gold quality...GE locomotives didn't last. They were throwaway. The industry standard has been to engineer for 12 years' service. GEs barely make that. GM locomotives, in their golden era, lasted FOUR TIMES that. Rail Link (and other smaller railroads) has GP-7s and GP-9s (five, I think) from 1957-59, on the roster. Not stored and not used for promotional events. WORKING JOBS like any other locomotive.

That's unusual, but not greatly. GP-38s and SD-40s from the mid-1970s were the backbone of CSX's power pool even to when I left them. They've been mostly sold off, now - to foreign buyers, who will get much more use out of them.

That is the difference between GE, always a crony, corrupt, money-grubbing business, and a well-run operation - GM-EMD in its best years - approaches things.

GE Rail was recently sold to WABTEC (Formerly Westinghouse Air Brake) because, even as shoddy as EMD, now part of Caterpillar, has become, GE Rail is worse. GE needed money fast, and WABTEC offered it. Be interesting to see if GE Rail can learn to build a good locomotive...

...but we know GE the corporation, never can. IMHO, China, Incorporated, got had.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next