Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chicken Legs

+4
Red Lily
Sunsettommy
Calypso Jones
HawkTheSlayer
8 posters

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down

Chicken Legs - Page 6 Empty Re: Chicken Legs

Post by vege57 Sun Mar 28, 2021 10:03 pm

Red Lily wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Now I'm going to have to buy a can of beer and try it too!

Gotta love the way he delicately painted the oil over the bottom of the pan with a brush.   Damn I just pick up the pan and roll it around so I don't have extra washing up,

Yeah i saw that.     What do you do with extra fat in the pan off meat.  If it doesn't have onion in it, i give it in small amounts to flavor Belle's food or cats' food. I hope i'm not hurting them.

If it had onion in it, then i wipe it out with a couple paper towels and throw those in the trash.  I don't like that grease near my sink or dishwasher.

I never put grease near the sink or dishwasher either.  I don't use large amounts of oil so usually I do what you do and just wipe the pan with paper towels then wash it.

Onion is toxic to cats and dogs.  I've also read never to use a cut onion the day after as they become toxic to humans too.   So I get a mix of small and large onions, cut what I need then toss the rest.   Unless you freeze them of course but mine go soggy when I do that.

""Onion is toxic to cats and dogs. ""

It never did the Doris's dog any harm, I lot of these things are urban myths
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:04 pm

I do NOT like the blood coming out on the end of the chicken leg. Is there any way to fix that?
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:07 pm

trying to tell me that isn't blood. LOL

https://www.livestrong.com/article/552792-how-to-keep-chicken-from-bleeding-when-frying/
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Tue Mar 30, 2021 5:24 pm

I've never had that but I'm a lazy cook nowadays and usually line a pan with baking paper and put them in the oven.   Then I just scrunch up the paper and toss it.

I know it's not the same but it does me.

Oh or I use the air fryer.   I love love love my air fryer! Gotta clean that too though Chicken Legs - Page 6 553500953
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:22 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:I do NOT like the blood coming out on the end of the chicken leg.  Is there any way to fix that?

cook it longer lol
vege57
vege57

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Abby08 Wed Mar 31, 2021 12:07 am

vege57 wrote:
Red Lily wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Now I'm going to have to buy a can of beer and try it too!

Gotta love the way he delicately painted the oil over the bottom of the pan with a brush.   Damn I just pick up the pan and roll it around so I don't have extra washing up,

Yeah i saw that.     What do you do with extra fat in the pan off meat.  If it doesn't have onion in it, i give it in small amounts to flavor Belle's food or cats' food. I hope i'm not hurting them.

If it had onion in it, then i wipe it out with a couple paper towels and throw those in the trash.  I don't like that grease near my sink or dishwasher.

I never put grease near the sink or dishwasher either.  I don't use large amounts of oil so usually I do what you do and just wipe the pan with paper towels then wash it.

Onion is toxic to cats and dogs.  I've also read never to use a cut onion the day after as they become toxic to humans too.   So I get a mix of small and large onions, cut what I need then toss the rest.   Unless you freeze them of course but mine go soggy when I do that.

""Onion is toxic to cats and dogs. ""

It never did the Doris's dog any harm, I lot of these things are urban myths

Onions contain an enzyme that dogs can't process and, it causes their internal organs to break down.
Abby08
Abby08

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Wed Mar 31, 2021 10:32 am

cooking it longer doesn't seem to help with the blood/hemoglobin/whatever. I dont' want to eat blood. So. When i see it i take a paper towel and wipe it away. i have to do that a number of times. It is said that putting the chicken in a brine mixture for a couple days in the frig will handle the problem but i have my doubts.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6