Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help Me Design a Texas Home

+6
vege57
Lummy
Thom Paine
Red Lily
jirqoadai
Crusader
10 posters

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down

Help Me Design a Texas Home - Page 7 Empty Re: Help Me Design a Texas Home

Post by Casey Jones Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:34 pm

Functional, and with pleasing lines.

I like.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Crusader likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Mar 09, 2023 10:58 pm

Casey Jones wrote:Functional, and with pleasing lines.

I like.

I may put in an RV hookup in case you or Hawk ever need to visit.  Hawk may need a bugout destination if a hurricane ever pops up there.
Home site should be just behind these trees.

Help Me Design a Texas Home - Page 7 20230211
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Casey Jones like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:47 pm

That would be a blessing, if as and when.

I have that RV trailer - a bigger one, I foolishly upgraded, last summer - and now I can't afford to use it. Florida's prices have exploded - Rush Limbaugh's $2.5 million mansion (1998) just sold for $153 million.

I was considering Arizona as an alternate hideaway this winter - but the chaos THERE, and the open borders streaming in criminals, doesn't encourage.

I'd sell the thing, at a loss...except that, if the WHO establishes Medical Martial Law, I could be ordered out of this apartment for not being Jabbed. Which means I'll need that thing. Living on a bend in the road, isn't such an attractive prospect...but in this lunatic time, it may be all the choice I have.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:54 am

It looks great Tex! You must be excited. Help Me Design a Texas Home - Page 7 3561531328
Red Lily
Red Lily

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:23 am

I think I found my air conditioner. My buddy can get Mitsubishi systems at wholesale and they have a mini split system that gets up to 33 SEER. I'm looking at the 12000 BTU units that are rated for 26.5 SEER. 4 zones should cover the house and shop. I'll normally only use 2 units. They make a condenser that will handle 4 zones.

https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/residential/products/wall-mounted-heating-and-cooling?modelID=MSZ-FS
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer, 2cent and Sprintcyclist like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:22 pm

Crusader wrote:I think I found my air conditioner.  My buddy can get Mitsubishi systems at wholesale and they have a mini split system that gets up to 33 SEER.  I'm looking at the 12000 BTU units that are rated for 26.5 SEER.  4 zones should cover the house and shop.  I'll normally only use 2 units.  They make a condenser that will handle 4 zones.

https://www.mitsubishicomfort.com/residential/products/wall-mounted-heating-and-cooling?modelID=MSZ-FS
Wow.  Wall-mounted air conditioners have come a long way since I last looked.  Interesting link.  Thanks.

How much $$$ do they run, in general?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:43 pm

Crusader wrote:I think I found my air conditioner.  My buddy can get Mitsubishi systems at wholesale and they have a mini split system that gets up to 33 SEER.  I'm looking at the 12000 BTU units that are rated for 26.5 SEER.  4 zones should cover the house and shop.  I'll normally only use 2 units.  They make a condenser that will handle 4 zones.

Well done.
Mitsubishi A/Cs are very good here, one of the better makes

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:00 pm

2cent wrote:

Wow.  Wall-mounted air conditioners have come a long way since I last looked.  Interesting link.  Thanks.

Each wall unit retails at about $1100. I'm not sure about the outside unit, but my buddy can get them at wholesale cost. I'm figuring about $7k for the AC system. That's pretty reasonable when you look at the efficiency ratings.
Crusader
Crusader

2cent likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:03 pm

Crusader wrote:
2cent wrote:

Each wall unit retails at about $1100.  I'm not sure about the outside unit, but my buddy can get them at wholesale cost.  I'm figuring about $7k for the AC system.  That's pretty reasonable when you look at the efficiency ratings.
Gotta ask. Why didn't you choose to got w/central heat/air?
2cent
2cent

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Thu Mar 16, 2023 6:21 pm

2cent wrote:
Crusader wrote:
2cent wrote:

Each wall unit retails at about $1100.  I'm not sure about the outside unit, but my buddy can get them at wholesale cost.  I'm figuring about $7k for the AC system.  That's pretty reasonable when you look at the efficiency ratings.
Gotta ask.  Why didn't you choose to got w/central heat/air?

This is the highest efficiency rating I could find.  Also, if one unit fails I'm not totally without cold air.  I can choose which zones to turn on or off.  I can only cool my bedroom if I like.  I'll leave the units in the shop off most of the time.  It's flexible and I can control it from my phone.

Also, they are whisper quiet.  You can be in the room and not hear it running sometimes.
Crusader
Crusader

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 8 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next