Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Concerning My pup Belle

+9
2cent
jirqoadai
Elizabeth Theus
Lone Gunman
EvilCat Breath
Crusader
Jen
Red Lily
Calypso Jones
13 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Concerning My pup Belle Empty Concerning My pup Belle

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:28 pm

Belle is a boxer...they're little cancer machines so whenever something happens we make a quick trip to the vet.  I have one in luray...takes me over an hour to get there but often i'll stop at some fast food wreck and get belle and i a burger.   Anyway.  He takes belle in and thankfully  most of the girls at the vet are not wearing that stupid mask anymore and neither is The doc.   I don't get to go i however and in with her so i have a minor kitten over that.  I think i made an impression.     THey don't know my dog.   I am her advocate.   I SHOULD be with her.

He Comes back out and says...  well anytime there's something unusual it is a cause of some concern so i'd like to take that off and have it biopsied but before we get to that, let me say that Belle is 9and a half and that is a boxer's life expectancy.   (damm i'm thinking...what kind of remark is that)   GardenHouseQueen explains it..  well. I got it the first time but she just validated my first take on it.

Belle is having surgery on june 23 so he can take off that growth on her eyelid...under the lower lid and have it biopsied.  If y'all don't mind, those of you that are so inclined...i ask you to pray that healing starts on that growth now so that when the doctor takes it off and has it biopsied that it is nothing of any importance.   You might also pray for more happy years for her.

Anyway... back to the point i wanted to make.   The doc says that..'she's at life expectancy'.....got me thinking...aren't we seeing a bit of that for US now with the medical field and especially when the politicians get in on it??  What did Obamao say years ago when asked by stupid woman about her granny who is 90 something and if granny gets sick?   Obamao said, then we'd give her pain meds and send her home to enjoy the rest of her life.   It's not for politicians or anyone to determine our date of death.  That's the LORD's prerogative.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Brat, Lone Gunman and QuaseMarco like this post

Back to top Go down

Concerning My pup Belle Empty Re: Concerning My pup Belle

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:37 pm

The dog isn't even mine. She is my daughters...but she wants to be with me all day. she will go home at night to sleep in daughter's room. When anyone is in the house visiting, she sleeps in the hallway...so she knows when they get up and where they go. LOLOL
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Brat and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Red Lily Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:55 pm

Poor Belle I hope it is benign and nothing to be concerned about Concerning My pup Belle Praying-to-god-smiley-emoticon
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones, Brat, Lone Gunman and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:08 pm

Me too. I feel okay with this right now. She had blood work and she's healthy and trim for a 9.5 year old. She's a pup still.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Brat, Lone Gunman and RV like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:30 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Belle is a boxer...they're little cancer machines so whenever something happens we make a quick trip to the vet.  I have one in luray...takes me over an hour to get there but often i'll stop at some fast food wreck and get belle and i a burger.   Anyway.  He takes belle in and thankfully  most of the girls at the vet are not wearing that stupid mask anymore and neither is The doc.   I don't get to go i however and in with her so i have a minor kitten over that.  I think i made an impression.     THey don't know my dog.   I am her advocate.   I SHOULD be with her.

He Comes back out and says...  well anytime there's something unusual it is a cause of some concern so i'd like to take that off and have it biopsied but before we get to that, let me say that Belle is 9and a half and that is a boxer's life expectancy.   (damm i'm thinking...what kind of remark is that)   GardenHouseQueen explains it..  well. I got it the first time but she just validated my first take on it.

Belle is having surgery on june 23 so he can take off that growth on her eyelid...under the lower lid and have it biopsied.  If y'all don't mind, those of you that are so inclined...i ask you to pray that healing starts on that growth now so that when the doctor takes it off and has it biopsied that it is nothing of any importance.   You might also pray for more happy years for her.

Anyway... back to the point i wanted to make.   The doc says that..'she's at life expectancy'.....got me thinking...aren't we seeing a bit of that for US now with the medical field and especially when the politicians get in on it??  What did Obamao say years ago when asked by stupid woman about her granny who is 90 something and if granny gets sick?   Obamao said, then we'd give her pain meds and send her home to enjoy the rest of her life.   It's not for politicians or anyone to determine our date of death.  That's the LORD's prerogative.
I pray for my pets, all pets, and the opossum and bobcat and birds and any other critter in my yard. Yes. I do. So I will pray for Belle.

That's just sad...."she's at life expectancy now "(and implied why bother?) My vet that I adore is a chitty chatty guy without much of a filter and .......he'd probably say that too (though he didn't say that about my cat becoming diabetic at 10 years old). It's probably something to take into consideration about any pet that's getting older and has some health issue. Not to necessarily just get rid of the pet.........but when considering putting the pet through stress, consider the age.

Our dog was over 12 years old and he started having some health issues. He was a springer spaniel/ border collie. He started having nose bleeds that squirted out 10 feet from where he was standing. The vet said it was probably a tumor but that he wasn't in pain. We opted to not do anything about it. He was doing fine, and the surgery would have been worse for him than just letting things take their natural course. He lived another year.

Don't judge the vet too harshly........ that was information that needed to be on the table.

On the political side of things.......I wish Democrats had heeded the advice of people who said Biden was too senile to be president. Now they own our nation's joke.
Jen
Jen

HawkTheSlayer, Calypso Jones and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Crusader Sat Jun 12, 2021 12:27 am

I lost my Rowdy after 9 1/2 years. He had a brain tumor. Annie reached 11 and had tumors all over her abdomen. They are awesome dogs and I still miss them after 10 years.
Crusader
Crusader

Calypso Jones, Jen and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:36 am

My baby Girl Daisy was gone in 2009 i think. It's still like it was yesterday.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Jen and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by EvilCat Breath Tue Jun 22, 2021 1:29 pm

How is Belle?

EvilCat Breath

Calypso Jones likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Jun 22, 2021 6:34 pm

Surgery is tomorrow morning.   I leave here at 530am  to have her at Vet's before 7am.   She's first up in the morning.  I"ll know what it is tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Thanks for asking ECB.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:04 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Surgery is tomorrow morning.   I leave here at 530am  to have her at Vet's before 7am.   She's first up in the morning.  I"ll know what it is tomorrow afternoon hopefully. Thanks for asking ECB.
You and Belle have my prayers.........I hope she does well. I hope you remain calm and strong no matter what. It will be okay.
Jen
Jen

Calypso Jones and Lone Gunman like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum