Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival

+2
vege57
HawkTheSlayer
6 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival Empty Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 19, 2021 6:11 pm

Found these 26/30ct headless gulf shrimp at the store today for $3.50/lb. I bought 2 pounds. Limit 3 pounds per customer.
This translates into a much smaller count(larger shrimp) , head on.
So i weighed out one pound on my scale and there were 24 swimps. Even larger than the stated count. A good deal indeed. Yes, I'm sure that were previously frozen.

I peeled, butterflied, battered and breaded them before dropping them in the deep fat fryer.
Tonnerre et e'clair!  Mai's C'est si bon,  ouais!  

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival 20210510

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival 20210511

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival 20210511
Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival 20210512

Last edited by HawkTheSlayer on Wed May 19, 2021 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival Empty Re: Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 19, 2021 6:13 pm

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival 20210513

Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed May 19, 2021 6:53 pm

Damn , My invitation must have got lost in the post, 10 million fraudulent votes make it to their destinations , But my invitation ends up lost under the seat lol
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 19, 2021 7:04 pm

vege57 wrote:Damn , My invitation must have got lost in the post, 10 million fraudulent votes make it to their destinations , But my invitation ends up lost under the seat lol
Lol. I think I may go to town tomorrow and get 3 more pounds. And maybe 3 more, Saturday too.
That's really cheap for any size headless shrimp.

You can always tell when they've been previously frozen and treated with sodium metabisulphite cause they dont peel worth a damn.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed May 19, 2021 7:19 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:Damn , My invitation must have got lost in the post, 10 million fraudulent votes make it to their destinations , But my invitation ends up lost under the seat lol
Lol. I think I may go to town tomorrow and get 3 more pounds. And maybe 3 more, Saturday too.

You can always tell when they've been previously frozen and treated with sodium metabisulphite cause they dont peel worth a damn.

Ive got 30lbs of sodium meta in the shed, A while back I had the great idea of throwing a cup full of potassium permanganate crystals into the swimming pool to sterilize it, It looked great for a couple of days, Bright purple, then it slowly turned to the colour of shit and wouldn't filter out, a bit of research pointed me towards sodium meta, this cleared it until the PH was raised again then the shit came back, I was given a bit of stick from the family , it still comes up in conversation lol,
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer and Lummy like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 19, 2021 7:25 pm

You shoulda throwed some swimp fry( baby swimp/ not the batter kind) lol in da pool!
Or you coulda told the the old lady it was good for her skin as SMBS is a preservative.

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed May 19, 2021 7:28 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I enjoy a nice shrimp or prawn, There are a bit pricey in NZ, they tend to be imported, I find that most things treated with meta bi, tend to have a slightly sulfurous odour ,
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 19, 2021 7:43 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I enjoy a nice shrimp or prawn, There are a bit pricey in NZ, they tend to be imported, I find that most things treated with meta bi, tend to have a slightly sulfurous odour ,

I've eaten fresh and frozen shrimp and prawns from all over the world. But nothing compares to a Gulf of Mexico , fresh caught, white shrimp. I like brown shrimp too, but they have a slight iodine taste some folks don't like.

I bought these fresh a while back . I think they were either U8 or 8-12 ct/lb. Head on.
I think I could only eat 10 fried.

Wednesday Night Shrimp Festival 20200910

Red Lily and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Wed May 19, 2021 7:52 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I've eaten fresh and frozen shrimp and prawns from all over the world. But nothing compares to a Gulf of Mexico , fresh caught,  white shrimp. I like brown shrimp too, but they have a slight iodine taste some folks don't like.

I bought these fresh a while back . I think they were either  U8 or 8-12 ct/lb. Head on.

You are making me feel hungry, its 11:50 am here so lunch isn't far off,, My avocado and Vegemite on rye-bread toast isnt looking so appealing now Sad
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer and Red Lily like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed May 19, 2021 8:01 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

I've eaten fresh and frozen shrimp and prawns from all over the world. But nothing compares to a Gulf of Mexico , fresh caught,  white shrimp. I like brown shrimp too, but they have a slight iodine taste some folks don't like.

I bought these fresh a while back . I think they were either  U8 or 8-12 ct/lb. Head on.

You are making me feel hungry, its 11:50 am here so lunch isn't far off,, My avocado and Vegemite on rye-bread toast is looking so appealing now Sad
Those cost me $6.99/lb at the store , but you could have bought them fresh off the boat on the coast for $3.99 and that's $1/lb more than the fishermen can get at the market.

I fished crawfish commercially for a long time. Sometimes catching 2000-2400 pounds a day. But shrimp has always been my favorite seafood.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next