Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70

+2
Red Lily
HawkTheSlayer
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70 Empty Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:09 pm

Rush Limbaugh, conservative radio host, dead at 70
By Steven NelsonFebruary 17, 2021 | 12:21pm | Updated

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70 Limbau10

Rush LimbaughGetty Images
MORE ON:
RUSH LIMBAUGH

Rush Limbaugh died Wednesday after a year-long battle with cancer.

Limbaugh’s death at age 70 was announced Wednesday on his influential conservative radio program, by his wife Kathryn.

Limbaugh announced last February that he was diagnosed with Stage 4 lung cancer.

“I know that I am most certainly not the Limbaugh that you tuned in to listen to today. I, like you, very much wish Rush was behind this golden microphone right now, welcoming you to another exceptional three hours of broadcasting,” his wife told listeners in a surprise noon announcement on his radio show.

“For over 32 years. Rush has cherished you, loyal audience, and always looked forward to every single show. It is with profound sadness I must share with you directly that our beloved Rush, my wonderful husband, passed away this morning due to complications from lung cancer.”

Kathryn Limbaugh said, “as so many of you know, losing a loved one is terribly difficult, even more so when that loved one is larger than life.”

Rush Limbaugh died Wednesday after a year-long battle with cancer.
Jeff Roberson/AP
“Rush will forever be the greatest of all time. Rush was an extraordinary man, a gentle giant, brilliant, quick-witted, genuinely kind, extremely generous, passionate, courageous and the hardest working person I know,” she said.

“Despite being one of the most recognized, powerful people in the world, Rush never let the success change his core or beliefs. He was polite and respectful to everyone he met, even most recently, when he was not feeling well in the hospital he was so appreciative to every single doctor and nurse and custodian.”

Rush Limbaugh continued to host his radio program after he was diagnosed with cancer.

Tributes to the influential Republican poured in immediately.

House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) tweeted, “Rush Limbaugh revolutionized American radio. His voice guided the conservative movement for millions every day. Rest In Peace, Rush.”

Former White House Press Secretary Kayleigh McEnany praised Limbaugh’s “unrelenting boldness to proclaim the truth.

Tom Brenner/Reuters
“Growing up in Plant City, Florida, my dad would always play the Rush Limbaugh program in his pick-up truck,” McEnany recalled.  “My fellow classmates from my all girls Catholic school knew if they road [sic] in my car, we would be listening to Rush Limbaugh. I am the definition of a ‘Rush Baby,’ and it’s not just me. There are tens of thousands of us all across the conservative movement.”

Former Fox News host Bill O’Reilly wrote, “Mr. Limbaugh provided a conservative balance against the dangerous left wing corporate media machine. History counts few entertainers among those who made a difference in the country. Rush Limbaugh did.”

Fellow pundit Glenn Beck tweeted, “No words … I just got news the Rush Limbaugh has passed away. thanks Rush for all you taught, gave and were. A hero to many. An icon. A patriot. A revolutionary that saved radio. Heaven’s gain, our loss.”

Although the cancer was expected to quickly kill Limbaugh, he received treatment and continued to host his radio program.

Shortly after his diagnosis, then-President Donald Trump surprised Limbaugh at last year’s State of the Union address to a joint session of Congress by awarding Limbaugh with the Presidential Medal of Freedom.

Rush Limbaugh hosted his radio show for nearly 33 years.

“The Rush Limbaugh Show” premiered in 1988, airing for nearly 33 years.

https://nypost.com/2021/02/17/rush-limbaugh-conservative-radio-host-dead-at-70/

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70 Empty Re: Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70

Post by HawkTheSlayer Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:42 pm

RIP Rush Limbaugh. You will be missed and just as in life, never duplicated.

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70 Empty Re: Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70

Post by Red Lily Wed Feb 17, 2021 4:59 pm

A unique man. RIP Rush.
Red Lily
Red Lily

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterVeritis Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:11 pm

Is anyone still listening to his radio show? It still plays here.

MisterVeritis

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Thu Mar 04, 2021 1:21 pm

I do. It's like he's still with us.

They will NEVER cancel Rush.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by MisterVeritis Fri Mar 05, 2021 11:48 am

I stopped listening. Limbaugh is dead. It is time for fresh, conservative talents to take his place.

MisterVeritis

HawkTheSlayer and vege57 like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:24 pm

MisterVeritis wrote:I stopped listening. Limbaugh is dead. It is time for fresh, conservative talents to take his place.

I'm kinda partial to Liz Wheeler starting her own radio show.

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:33 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
MisterVeritis wrote:I stopped listening. Limbaugh is dead. It is time for fresh, conservative talents to take his place.

Id be partial to her comin round home and giving me a back rub,, cheers
vege57
vege57

HawkTheSlayer likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by HawkTheSlayer Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:49 pm

vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Smart, attractive, "perky".

Sigh.... she married a navy man about 2 years ago.

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70 Liz-wh10

Back to top Go down

Post by vege57 Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:31 pm

HawkTheSlayer wrote:
vege57 wrote:
HawkTheSlayer wrote:

Smart, attractive,  "perky".

Sigh.... she married a navy man about 2 years ago.

Rush Limbaugh Passes Away at Age 70 Liz-wh10

Story of my farkin life I'm always turning up a couple of years to late lol
vege57
vege57

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next