Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Black woman calls 'Rush Limbaugh Show' with message for her community: America, police, white people are not our problem, ‘We are our problem!’

Go down

Black woman calls 'Rush Limbaugh Show' with message for her community: America, police, white people are not our problem, ‘We are our problem!’ Empty Black woman calls 'Rush Limbaugh Show' with message for her community: America, police, white people are not our problem, ‘We are our problem!’

Post by Elizabeth Theus Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:25 am

A black woman called into the "Rush Limbaugh Show" Thursday to deliver a passionate message to fellow black Americans, urging them to disavow the victim mentality that blames white people, systemic racism, and police for all the problems in the black community.

What did she say?

The caller, who identified herself as Joyce from Houston, began the segment by commenting on the conclusion of the Derek Chauvin trial. She said that while she believed Chauvin, a former Minneapolis police officer, should be held responsible for his role in George Floyd's death, she was convinced he could not get a fair trial.

On Tuesday, a 12-person jury in Minneapolis pronounced Chauvin guilty of murder and manslaughter for his actions, which included kneeling on Floyd's neck for more than nine minutes despite Floyd's complaints of "I can't breathe."

Joyce didn't stay on the subject of the trial for very long, however, but instead quickly transitioned into a plea to the black community to stop blaming others for the problems that routinely plague black Americans.

"I am so sick and tired of this 'systemic racism,'" Joyce exclaimed. "There are no organized conspiracies to keep blacks down. There are pockets of bigotry for sure. But they're not powerful enough to keep you down if you have some get-up-and-go about yourself.

"And I hear this constantly. I live in the most dangerous neighborhood in Houston, the sixth in the nation, and we constantly talk about racism. 'Who is keeping us down?'" she continued. "I get so tired of telling my people, 'The old rich white Republicans [are] not our problem. We are our problem' — and until we face the fact that we are our own worst enemies, nothing is gonna change!"

continued:
https://www.theblaze.com/news/black-woman-message-to-black-community-rush-limbaugh?utm_source=theblaze-dailyAM&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__AM%202021-04-24&utm_term=ACTIVE%20LIST%20-%20TheBlaze%20Daily%20AM

Elizabeth Theus
Elizabeth Theus

Red Lily likes this post

Back to top Go down