Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I hear there's a NY boycott going on started by Truckers for Trump over this Trump persecution & sham prosecution

+4
Daily Bread
Red Lily
Keith
Calypso Jones
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

I hear there's a NY boycott going on started by Truckers for Trump over this Trump persecution & sham prosecution - Page 2 Empty Re: I hear there's a NY boycott going on started by Truckers for Trump over this Trump persecution & sham prosecution

Post by Crusader Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:35 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Keith wrote:I seriously doubt the truckers could sustain such a boycott for any considerable amount of time. In the end, it would hurt their own jobs more than anything else.

Besides, it seems like a petty thing to do. Why punish regular citizens because they don't like what the courts in their state are doing?

On a side note, I would think if the corporations that are based in NY were to pack up and move somewhere else, it would have more of an impact on their economy.

............  Why punish regular citizens because they don't like what the courts in their state are doing?       ............
To appease trump ?

How is Trump organizing this? This is a group of independent people supporting a response to the kangaroo courts in NYC attacking Trump. It's not the feds or even another state or city attacking NYC.
Crusader
Crusader

HawkTheSlayer and Daily Bread like this post

Back to top Go down

I hear there's a NY boycott going on started by Truckers for Trump over this Trump persecution & sham prosecution - Page 2 Empty Re: I hear there's a NY boycott going on started by Truckers for Trump over this Trump persecution & sham prosecution

Post by Calypso Jones Mon Feb 19, 2024 11:36 pm

Grassroots... President Trump is not doing this. I do hope that he acknowledges what they're doing in response to the persecution he is enduring.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Calypso Jones Tue Feb 20, 2024 12:28 am

If i were living in NYC i would tighten my belt and pray for a successful truck boycott. I don't think i'm an exception to the rule on this.
Calypso Jones
Calypso Jones

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Feb 20, 2024 4:44 pm

Red Lily wrote:
Daily Bread wrote:
Red Lily wrote:Good people live in New York too.  How is supporting the punishment of everyone in NY for the actions of a few a good thing?   You claim that Trump supporters are being persecuted by Democrats yet want to punish a whole state/city because of a few bad seeds?

Two sides of the same coin.  Don't become that which you hate.  It's a very fine line.
This is aimed at NY City and rightfully so . The amount of Trump supporters in there is minimal with most subsisting on government assistance . The truckers are merely showing their sustain for whats going on in there with no one even attempting to bring justice . I can't blame them and they're calling for only a 7 day boycott . If it works , they will realize the power they have in NYC because independents ARE the only way that products get into the city . They have the smaller vehicles vs the big rigs that cannot get into the city anymore because of parking and the huge fines they get . A seven day stoppage will make some beg problems in their supply system - rank and file working citizen have had it and if it releases some pent up frustration ( and there is an awful lot) than it'll be beneficial . There are no normal people living in there that are worth fighting for .

Thanks for explaining it.
I'm also pretty biased Very Happy
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

https://gettr.com/i/dailybread

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:07 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Keith wrote:I seriously doubt the truckers could sustain such a boycott for any considerable amount of time. In the end, it would hurt their own jobs more than anything else.

Besides, it seems like a petty thing to do. Why punish regular citizens because they don't like what the courts in their state are doing?

On a side note, I would think if the corporations that are based in NY were to pack up and move somewhere else, it would have more of an impact on their economy.

............  Why punish regular citizens because they don't like what the courts in their state are doing?       ............
To appease trump ?
Far from it . I'd bet that 75% of the independent drivers and companies are minority owned and operated . Any large operation are located in New Jersey and can't operate in the confines of NY City . Owner/operator independents happen to like Trump but the injustices thats fueling a Boycott is only an excuse to send a message to NY City and its unrealistic political lawsv,fines and penalties to do business in there . Businesses need the trucking but politicians need the votes and play to their constituents . The regulations have strangled the businesses and the suppliers and this may be the spark that blows it all up . Someone will pick up the slack for a short period but its a guarantee that it will cost $ and it will be passed on and rounded up to the consumer . 20-30 years ago my company would get rediculous parking fines ($250,000 a year ) and we would barter it down to $25,000 . That doesn't happen today because these are juvinile political appointees that you bargain with nowadays and they do not understand the damage they are actually doing with unreasonable policies that cannot work . They're fed up and its human nature to react this way .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

HawkTheSlayer, Red Lily, Calypso Jones and 2cent like this post

Back to top Go down

Post by 2cent Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:28 pm

Daily Bread wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

To appease trump ?
Far from it . I'd bet that 75% of the independent drivers and companies are minority owned and operated . Any large operation are located in New Jersey and can't operate in the confines of NY City . Owner/operator independents happen to like Trump but the injustices thats fueling a Boycott is only an excuse to send a message to NY City and its unrealistic political lawsv,fines and penalties to do business in there . Businesses need the trucking but politicians need the votes and play to their constituents . The regulations have strangled the businesses and the suppliers and this may be the spark that blows it all up . Someone will pick up the slack for a short period but its a guarantee that it will cost $ and it will be passed on and rounded up to the consumer . 20-30 years ago my company would get rediculous parking fines ($250,000 a year ) and we would barter it down to $25,000 . That doesn't happen today because these are juvinile political appointees that you bargain with nowadays and they do not understand the damage they are actually doing with unreasonable policies that cannot work . They're fed up and its human nature to react this way .
When it comes to getting to the heart of a matter, you do have a fine way with words, DB.
2cent
2cent

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sprintcyclist Tue Feb 20, 2024 5:53 pm

Calypso Jones wrote:Grassroots... President Trump is not doing this. I do hope that he acknowledges what they're doing in response to the persecution he is enduring.

are you thinking trump would be grateful to them?
So they would be appeasing him?

Sprintcyclist

Back to top Go down

Post by Casey Jones Tue Feb 20, 2024 7:57 pm

Sprintcyclist wrote:
Calypso Jones wrote:Grassroots... President Trump is not doing this. I do hope that he acknowledges what they're doing in response to the persecution he is enduring.

They're not like you.

They're not lickspittles, kowtowing to His Majesty.

You don't know truckers. I know them - for a brief time I was one. They're independent...a bit short on schooling, but most of them have a strong understanding of right, wrong and morality.

They are doing this because what these Soros-Tammany puppets are doing is WRONG. Wrong as in TYRANNY. Police-state wrong.

So they are going to use their positions, as, together, the lifeline of modern cities...and STOP THE FLOW of goods.

To cause pain and problems to the tyrannical, insane, lawless government that is trying to rob Trump so he's forced out of the election.

So that that brain-dead puppet can be cheated into another win.

So that the Oligarchs' tools can CONTINUE DESTROYING THIS NATION.

You either see it, or you don't. If you don't see it it's because you're stupid.

And I don't have time for stupid people. If you don't KNOW what's going on in America, you can ASK. Plenty of us will explain it to you. You don't have to believe it; but we'll tell you what we see.

But if you come here preaching the glories of Brandon, with his head full of rotting neurological scar tissue...then I have no time for you. For the reasons above.
Casey Jones
Casey Jones

Daily Bread likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Daily Bread Tue Feb 20, 2024 8:28 pm

Casey Jones wrote:
Sprintcyclist wrote:

They're not like you.

They're not lickspittles, kowtowing to His Majesty.

You don't know truckers.  I know them - for a brief time I was one.  They're independent...a bit short on schooling, but most of them have a strong understanding of right, wrong and morality.

They are doing this because what these Soros-Tammany puppets are doing is WRONG.  Wrong as in TYRANNY.  Police-state wrong.

So they are going to use their positions, as, together, the lifeline of modern cities...and STOP THE FLOW of goods.

To cause pain and problems to the tyrannical, insane, lawless government that is trying to rob Trump so he's forced out of the election.

So that that brain-dead puppet can be cheated into another win.

So that the Oligarchs' tools can CONTINUE DESTROYING THIS NATION.

You either see it, or you don't.  If you don't see it it's because you're stupid.

And I don't have time for stupid people.  If you don't KNOW what's going on in America,  you can ASK.  Plenty of us will explain it to you.  You don't have to believe it; but we'll tell you what we see.

But if you come here preaching the glories of Brandon, with his head full of rotting neurological scar tissue...then I have no time for you.  For the reasons above.
Some people only understand that they can press a remote button and order a movie on their TV , those same people believe a cell phone is the only way to get food in their house . Everything became too easy for some ,they expect it and its the norm for them and think it is the way it always was . Changing them and trying to talk some sense in them is fruitless and its only getting worse .
Daily Bread
Daily Bread

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2